The Student Room Group

How can I access Medical Papers/Journals without paying?

I am currently constructing an essay for a scholarship and want to be able to reference some research. I obviously need to be able to read the papers ect to be able to form an opinion and then construct the essay.

I was wondering if anyone knows where or how I can get hold of recent papers without paying £20+ for each paper.

I am a supporter of paying for papers ect as I am aware of the amount of time that has gone into the research but I don't necessarily need the full paper.
Cheers in advance
Reply 1
Original post by 4 Mathlete the win
I am currently constructing an essay for a scholarship and want to be able to reference some research. I obviously need to be able to read the papers ect to be able to form an opinion and then construct the essay.

I was wondering if anyone knows where or how I can get hold of recent papers without paying £20+ for each paper.

I am a supporter of paying for papers ect as I am aware of the amount of time that has gone into the research but I don't necessarily need the full paper.
Cheers in advance

If you post the details of the paper you want here: Medics' Research Paper Request Thread, other medical students who have access to the paper may be able to help you out. :yep:
Reply 2
Either find a university student who knows how to use their university library journal system (which will have access), or as a last resort email the authors directly and ask for a copy

I am a supporter of paying for papers ect as I am aware of the amount of time that has gone into the research but I don't necessarily need the full paper. The authors of academic papers dont get paid anything at any point in the publishing process.
Reply 3

Cheers in advance

Just request them on here, there will be loads of people (myself included) who have access to pretty much everything
I can also get papers if needs be; in all honesty though many are available straight from PubMed. If not feel free to ask.
Reply 5
Original post by Vulpes
If you post the details of the paper you want here: Medics' Research Paper Request Thread, other medical students who have access to the paper may be able to help you out. :yep:

The OP is not a current medical student, therefore he couldn't post in that forum.
Reply 6

Cheers in advance

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK3827/#pubmedhelp.Free_copies_of_some_
Thanks everyone, all the advice is great :smile: I may have some requests!!!
Original post by Sambo2
Just request them on here, there will be loads of people (myself included) who have access to pretty much everything

Hello, thanks for the help.
Do you think you could get hold of these?

http://www.springerlink.com/content/q647kp45vq760u0g/

http://www.jacr.org/article/S1546-1440(11)00774-5/abstract

http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/01419870.2011.594174

I can't find them on pubmed, I could be doing something wrong.

Cheers :smile: much appreciated
Reply 9
I have access to the last 1.

Bigmatt1233
Original post by Bigmatt1233
I have access to the last 1.

Bigmatt1233

Yes! Thanks a lot
Original post by Bigmatt1233
Yep I have access to all them but the 1st one.

Bigmatt

This is great, Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending