The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Leverkusen manager watching my games, apparently wanting to sign Fyvie. Go away, he's mine! Only Scottish player left in my starting 11 :s-smilie:
Reply 8381
You've only Fraser Fyvie representing Scotland in the first team? Shocking :p: I hope you're at least making up for it by having Scottish youngsters in your youth team...honestly, have a look at youngsters in the leagues each year. If you're lucky you can pick up good players in the lower leagues for real bargain prices. I posted last year about how in a Rangers game I was playing once, there was a regen who started out at Cowdenbeath, moved to St Johnstone for £50k after six months, then moved to me for £1m a year later. Not that teams in the second and third divisions will regularly have guys who'll become SPL stars, but it's not impossible and it's much better on your finances to get them early than to wait for another team in the league to pinch them first and sell them on at a massive mark-up.
Is there a recommended number of backroom staff per position?

I ask because most of mine have been poached and I'm in dire need of getting some more people in when I have the funds. I have two first team coaches which seems odd, and I'm not sure on the numbers of physios/scouts I need.

Or are these figures relative to each persons career/save?
Reply 8383
Original post by jackf1337
Is there a recommended number of backroom staff per position?

I ask because most of mine have been poached and I'm in dire need of getting some more people in when I have the funds. I have two first team coaches which seems odd, and I'm not sure on the numbers of physios/scouts I need.

Or are these figures relative to each persons career/save?

I always get the maximum you're allowed by the board. If you go to the boardroom it will say how many in the bottom left hand corner
Reply 8384
I've got Eto'o, Thierry Henry and Ruud Van Nistelrooy as coaches and Ronaldo as a scout :P.
Original post by Stirlo
I always get the maximum you're allowed by the board. If you go to the boardroom it will say how many in the bottom left hand corner

Cheers :smile:
Original post by Dalimyr
You've only Fraser Fyvie representing Scotland in the first team? Shocking :p: I hope you're at least making up for it by having Scottish youngsters in your youth team...honestly, have a look at youngsters in the leagues each year. If you're lucky you can pick up good players in the lower leagues for real bargain prices. I posted last year about how in a Rangers game I was playing once, there was a regen who started out at Cowdenbeath, moved to St Johnstone for £50k after six months, then moved to me for £1m a year later. Not that teams in the second and third divisions will regularly have guys who'll become SPL stars, but it's not impossible and it's much better on your finances to get them early than to wait for another team in the league to pinch them first and sell them on at a massive mark-up.

I try, but whenever I send my scouts on roaming missions to find good potential they always come back with average to good Scottish lads and a handful of beastly Scandinavians, Eastern Europeans and Spaniards. My lineup usually goes like this:

GK: Tim Krul (Netherlands)
DC: Tomas Kalas (Czech Republic)
DC: Kyle Bartley (England)
LD: Benjamin Mendy (France)
RD: Loic Nego (France)
DM: Mickael Selmer (Swedish regen)
M: Fraser Fyvie (Scotland)
M: Daniele Dessena (Italy)
ST: Jesus Gabarri (Spanish regen)
ST: Alessandro Diamanti (Itay)
ST: Jaroslav Blazek (Czeck regen)

Subs:
GK: Miguel Angel Moya (Spain)
DL/R: Kai Schwertfeger (Germany)
DC: Derek Pollock (Scottish regen)
DM: Blerim Dzemaili (Switzerland)
M: Abdi Ibrahim (Norway)
ST: Neil Smyth (Northern Irish regen)
ST: Mbaye Niang (France)
finally got round to starting a game at level 8 in the English league. The level 14 one is meant to work but it won't load up for me, but level 8 is good enough, 4 years till league football
:biggrin:

Start with Romford in Division One North of the Isthmian League
Original post by WhatTheFunk
finally got round to starting a game at level 8 in the English league. The level 14 one is meant to work but it won't load up for me, but level 8 is good enough, 4 years till league football
:biggrin:

Start with Romford in Division One North of the Isthmian League

Someone's a little confident of getting 4 successive promotions! :wink:
Original post by boumavilla

We're doing team allocation for the network game tonight - or, well, I am.
Original post by jackf1337
No problem :smile:

Ah I see. I like Warnock to be honest, he's consistant enough for my level at the moment. You're right about N'Zogbia though. He's much better as a winger. I honestly find Lichaj very very good believe it or not. He's kept Hutton out of the first team almost all season. The only problem is his stamina, however it's not a massive problem and I can easily work around it. I'll screenshot some stuff on Lichaj from my save when I get chance. I may sell Hutton simply because Lichaj keeps him out of the side and I want to get Romario in. I tried selling him at the start of my save but he didn't want to leave so I thought I'd give him the chance, however on £45k p/w and potentially £3m in transfer funds is making me want to sell him.

How do you find Given? He conceded 39 goals in 20 games for me, so I dropped him :L

Ireland can be a useful player, but he's the only real attacking mid option, meaning I can only play 4231 when he's fit, unless I play N'Zogbia centrally (which would be foolish as he's got almost 20 assists from outwide and I've only played 25 league matches.
Dzagoev is an awesome signing, may look into getting him.

I find Agbonlahor better as a striker (his crossing isn't great) and Bannan as a central midfield player (adv. playmaker, attack).

How many seasons have you played?

I've only just started it! :redface:

I agree with what you're saying, Lichaj could be good, but just because of previous experience he hasn't turned out to be that great!
Hutton is just such a waste of money, I can't even get rid of him on loan!

I hope Given isn't as bad on my save! :eek: Perhaps selling Guzan wan't such a good idea, I was thinking of ways to raise more money for some players I wanted and Guzan's salary and transfer money (2m) added to my pot because I signed a Norwegian goalie that's almost as good, has a lower wage and cost nothing!

If you want to get around Agbonlahor's crossing problem, I play him as an inside forward, so he always cuts inside. Then I'm about to sign Simon Poulsen as a left-back to play up the left wing as I'll set him to attacking mode. Then I'll play with three defensive defenders. Collins can 'cover' the position.

I wanted to sell Delph too but he's playing too well for me to sell him! :')
What sort of age do you try and move older players on I have a reserve team and youth team full of great young players
Original post by KingMessi
We're doing team allocation for the network game tonight - or, well, I am.

OK then. There is no MSN convo then later?
OK then. There is no MSN convo then later?

I thought tomorrow, just before we begun?
Original post by KingMessi
I thought tomorrow, just before we begun?

ok then :smile:
So my main forward is a complete beast stats wise but I have a problem with him. His left foot is very weak. He shanks so many shots on his left. Anyone got experience having players avoid using their weak foot? I'm just a little hesitant to have him learn it because i'm worried it will make him easy to neutralise by simply showing him on his weaker foot.
Original post by The Baron
So my main forward is a complete beast stats wise but I have a problem with him. His left foot is very weak. He shanks so many shots on his left. Anyone got experience having players avoid using their weak foot? I'm just a little hesitant to have him learn it because i'm worried it will make him easy to neutralise by simply showing him on his weaker foot.

IF you play with two up top then it won't be an issue, but if you only play with one then do not tell him to avoid using his left - focus his training on composure. Perhaps he's just snatching at chances?

:biggrin: The first season should be ok, its once I hit the BSP it will get hard. All I need is a few good frees, most players should be on £0 a week
Original post by Kevmeister
IF you play with two up top then it won't be an issue, but if you only play with one then do not tell him to avoid using his left - focus his training on composure. Perhaps he's just snatching at chances?

His composure is 20 :cool:. I'll grab a screenshot next time I load the game up.
I have two tactics I use regularly, one has two up top, one has a lone striker.
I've only just started it! :redface:

I agree with what you're saying, Lichaj could be good, but just because of previous experience he hasn't turned out to be that great!
Hutton is just such a waste of money, I can't even get rid of him on loan!

I hope Given isn't as bad on my save! :eek: Perhaps selling Guzan wan't such a good idea, I was thinking of ways to raise more money for some players I wanted and Guzan's salary and transfer money (2m) added to my pot because I signed a Norwegian goalie that's almost as good, has a lower wage and cost nothing!

If you want to get around Agbonlahor's crossing problem, I play him as an inside forward, so he always cuts inside. Then I'm about to sign Simon Poulsen as a left-back to play up the left wing as I'll set him to attacking mode. Then I'll play with three defensive defenders. Collins can 'cover' the position.

I wanted to sell Delph too but he's playing too well for me to sell him! :')

Lichaj has been brilliant for me, just give him another go :smile:

The good thing about Given is you can probably get up to £5m for him and knock £52k off of the wage bill if you choose to sell.

Good idea with Agbonlahor. Although he broke his leg in the penultimate game of my first season :frown:
Ah so you're playing 3 at the back? I'm gonna try and come up with a formation which uses 3 at the back and 2 upfront for next season.

Delph has been awesome for me. Keep him.

In other news, Charles N'Zogbia came second in the Player of Year award (19 assists and 7 goals), Agbonlahor got goal of the season and Bent came 4th in the top scorers. WINNING. I ended up finishing 6th, although Liverpool (7th) won the league cup and Wolves (17th) won the FA cup so I missed out on the Euro League :frown: I really wanted to qualify so I could give my youngsters more games.

Latest