The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ellejaytee
Paper chase do their own ones, but not sure how cheap they will be.

On another stationery note, Sainsburys near me were doing a great offer on lots of types of pretty notebooks buy one get one free, I'm hoping the offer is still on for when I go back

Ah yes, I forgot about them, thanks!

Sadly they don't do what I want either. Think I'll have to get another diary. Just seems so pointless to have a Filofax and not be able to use it as a diary.
Original post by .snowflake.
Am I some sort of freak as I hate the stuff? I've borrowed some from a friend before, its too smooth! I spend far too much money is staples on their notebooks.

I hate it too! Shiny paper :yucky:
Geeky questions:

1) What's your favourite fountain pen for under £30?

2) Has anyone used Leuchtturm 1917 notebooks before? Any good? I'm thinking specifically the newer ones with fountain pen friendly paper (and even more specifically, the diaries).
Reply 603
i'm so freakin bad with stationary at uni. I'm hoping to change this over the summer by creating a top organisation system. can anyone recomend any shops in london that sell great, unique and possibly slightly wierd stationary? :smile:
Reply 604
Original post by dancinginrainbows
Geeky questions:

2) Has anyone used Leuchtturm 1917 notebooks before? Any good? I'm thinking specifically the newer ones with fountain pen friendly paper (and even more specifically, the diaries).

can't answer question 2, but for questions one, have you tried lamy? I used to use their fountain pens before. I found they really adapted to my style of writing and only costed between 10-15 pounds for the model i used.
Reply 605
Geeky questions:

1) Lamy logo (I got it for around £20). Platignum No.5

2) They are AMAZING. I got a lime coloured one with squared paper - I use fountain pens and liquid ink pens. So mucu better than Moleskine, they are sturdy and have lots of pages plus the pages are numbered! Haven't used the diaries.
Original post by sw3
i'm so freakin bad with stationary at uni. I'm hoping to change this over the summer by creating a top organisation system. can anyone recomend any shops in london that sell great, unique and possibly slightly wierd stationary? :smile:

If you want genuinely weird, you might have more look on etsy and the like?
Reply 607
http://www.thepaperie.co.uk/ :biggrin: Why have I never seen this before?!
Original post by evie1234
http://www.thepaperie.co.uk/ :biggrin: Why have I never seen this before?!

Thank you! :biggrin: I've been looking for a journal for ages and it seems like this site has quite a selection of them.

+rep
Does anyone know how do you call the thing that looks like a document file but has a ring binder inside? I got one during summer school and I've found it so useful that I need to get another one for my Chemistry revision!
Reply 610
Geeky questions:

Original post by SHABANA

2) They are AMAZING. I got a lime coloured one with squared paper - I use fountain pens and liquid ink pens. So mucu better than Moleskine, they are sturdy and have lots of pages plus the pages are numbered! Haven't used the diaries.

I'd second the Lamy logo, it's a brilliant pen for £15, seems much more expensive than it actually is. I love the Parker Facet too, but mine broke within 2 weeks...

I'm in the market for a new journal to use as a vocabulary book, and I'm looking at Rhodia. Leuchtturm seems good, but reviews are mixed, versus the overwhelmingly positive of Rhodia. Besides, when I tried samples of the paper (sent by the amazing Bureau Direct), the Leuchtturm has very slight feathering versus none on the Rhodia.
Original post by sw3
can't answer question 2, but for questions one, have you tried lamy? I used to use their fountain pens before. I found they really adapted to my style of writing and only costed between 10-15 pounds for the model i used.

Original post by SHABANA

Original post by shmuxel
I'd second the Lamy logo, it's a brilliant pen for £15, seems much more expensive than it actually is. I love the Parker Facet too, but mine broke within 2 weeks...

I'm in the market for a new journal to use as a vocabulary book, and I'm looking at Rhodia. Leuchtturm seems good, but reviews are mixed, versus the overwhelmingly positive of Rhodia. Besides, when I tried samples of the paper (sent by the amazing Bureau Direct), the Leuchtturm has very slight feathering versus none on the Rhodia.

Thanks for the responses :smile: I'll definitely try out the Lamy Logo.

I've also read mixed reviews about Leuchtturm paper (yours are cases in point). But if there are any problems I'll just get better ink to compensate. I've fallen in love with this completely over-the-top but very functional academic diary (Master size)... http://www.leuchtturm1917.com/en/content/academic-week-planner

Rhodia do sound best for what you want, shmuxel, their paper is the best I've tried (if only it wasn't so white).
Original post by shmuxel

I'm in the market for a new journal to use as a vocabulary book, and I'm looking at Rhodia.

Why not just get an A5 exercise book?
Reply 613
Why not just get an A5 exercise book?

Dunno really, I liked the look of a more formal pocket notebook :wink:
Original post by shmuxel
Dunno really, I liked the look of a more formal pocket notebook :wink:

Ahh. I'm used to an A5 exercise book, lined. Partially because that's what we were always given from GCSE onwards, and that i highlight most of my vocab.
Just bought myself a Moleskine 18 month diary, with the lined sheet for every week :biggrin:
Original post by Reffariiii
Just bought myself a Moleskine 18 month diary, with the lined sheet for every week :biggrin:

I do like the look of the diary that rainbows likes. I've seen a diary in whs that i like, well on their website. My local store doesnt stock it :frown:
Reply 617
Original post by Reffariiii

I do like the look of the diary that rainbows likes. I've seen a diary in whs that i like, well on their website. My local store doesnt stock it :frown:

Ah, I'm planning on buying the 18 month diary, with a lined page each week, to use in Sixth form! What do you think of it? Does Fountain pen ink seep through?
Reply 618
Ahh. I'm used to an A5 exercise book, lined. Partially because that's what we were always given from GCSE onwards, and that i highlight most of my vocab.

I've never made a vocab book before, so I wouldn't know!

I have seen this Clairefontaine vocab book though, might be useful?

http://www.bureaudirect.co.uk/clairefontaine-vocab-book/p624

Or just a plain A5 execrise book

http://www.bureaudirect.co.uk/clairefontaine-a5-stapled-exercise-book/p351
Original post by shmuxel
Ah, I'm planning on buying the 18 month diary, with a lined page each week, to use in Sixth form! What do you think of it? Does Fountain pen ink seep through?

I've used one of these before. Parker fountain pen ink was clearly visible through the page, though it was still very useable. That's the main reason I'm looking at Leuchtturm (they do basically the same product, with a page for a week and a page for notes).

Latest