The Student Room Group

Is is possible to ask my insurance uni to 'reject me'?

I don't really know how to word it but I was wondering if I could get my insurance university to just reject me?

I have an offer to study Medicine (cardiff) but I know I wont get AAA. My insurance is Biomed at Leicester (AAB) and I hope I'm going to get those grades.

However I really don't want to go there. I originally applied for medicine and after getting rejected, I got offered Biomed. I really only applied because I thought it would be one of my best chances (I was obviously mistaken) and I honestly don't see myself spending 3 years there.

I would like to just get rid of my insurance so that come August I can go straight into clearing and apply to a biomed course at a university I actually want to go to.

My main question is, can I do this? And if so, how do I go about doing it?

Thankyou!
Ring up the admissions and tell them what you have just told us.

If that doesn't work out then I am sure you can ring them on results day.

Tip though, why don't you keep the offer until results day? An offer is an offer, whereas grabbing a course spot during clearing is not guranteed. You might have a change of heart and regret abandoning that offer.
Yes - ring them up and ask them to reject you. They can say no, but I have yet to find somewhere that does.

However, make sure you are certain beforehand, because Clearing is not guaranteed and you may end up having to reapply.
Reply 3
I had a change of heart completely after being given my offers, and I was told that when I got my results I could ask the university which I got accepted to to release me so I could go into clearing.
I didn't need to in the end as I got rejected from both on the day so was free to choose the course I had decided I wanted to do and I've never been happier :tongue:

I guess what I'm trying to say is, hold onto your offers for now and just wait until results day. It'd be horrible if you got them to reject you, then for you to change your mind! You can always ask to be released to go into clearing on Results Day? :smile:
Original post by RhiiSparks
I had a change of heart completely after being given my offers, and I was told that when I got my results I could ask the university which I got accepted to to release me so I could go into clearing.
I didn't need to in the end as I got rejected from both on the day so was free to choose the course I had decided I wanted to do and I've never been happier :tongue:

I guess what I'm trying to say is, hold onto your offers for now and just wait until results day. It'd be horrible if you got them to reject you, then for you to change your mind! You can always ask to be released to go into clearing on Results Day? :smile:

The problem with that is it can take quite some time to get released on or after results day, because you're not their priority, and so by the time you have got released Clearing may be all but over.

I wouldn't never recommend that someone who is uncertain get rejected now, but if you are there's no point in waiting.
Reply 5
Original post by TheSownRose
The problem with that is it can take quite some time to get released on or after results day, because you're not their priority, and so by the time you have got released Clearing may be all but over.

I wouldn't never recommend that someone who is uncertain get rejected now, but if you are there's no point in waiting.

I read somewhere it can take up to 2 weeks and this could be the difference between a good uni and a not so great one :s-smilie:

It would be a good course because there is the possibility to transfer onto medicine after a year, but I doubt I'd be in the top 5% (or whatever it is) to do that and I really really can't see myself there :frown:

If I rang up some other unis, would they know if there was a possibility of them/their biomed courses going into clearing or will no one really know until August?

Quick Reply

Latest