The Student Room Group

Im Unemployable.

Hey guys

Well as the title states Im unemployable. Ive finally admitted this to myself. I will not get a job at all, Ive simply got nothing to offer.

Ive got qualifications yeah.. But employers what experience, I will never get this experience because no one will give me the chance to get experience.

Ive been turned down and knocked back more times then frank bruno's punchbag.

Help Me?!

Anyone?

No mickytakers.. I haven't got any patience..

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
How many applications have you sent off? And for what roles?
Volunteer.
Reply 3
Fynch101 - 263, Mainly IT but also retail.
MiniMarsh - Im considering it but i really really need money.. :/
Original post by samperry209

If you can't get a job then you wouldn't have money either way. So you volunteer for a bit to get that all important experience to make it more likely that you'll be able to get a job.
Reply 5

That is a hell of a lot. I've done ten before I got a reply which was from Domino's pizza.

Have you tried any agencies?
Reply 6
Original post by minimarshmallow
If you can't get a job then you wouldn't have money either way. So you volunteer for a bit to get that all important experience to make it more likely that you'll be able to get a job.

But theres no voluntary IT work.. :/
Reply 7

Sign on to Jobseeker's allowance and look for a paying job whilst volunteering in somewhere like a charity shop to get experience. It doesn't matter what the voluntary work as as long as you show that you're a hard worker.
Reply 8
Original post by Fynch101
That is a hell of a lot. I've done ten before I got a reply which was from Domino's pizza.

Have you tried any agencies?

Agencies, Yep.

Dominos turned me down. Along with Asda,Sports direct,homebase,comet,tesco (twice) to name some.
Reply 9
Original post by Wraysford
Sign on to Jobseeker's allowance and look for a paying job whilst volunteering in somewhere like a charity shop to get experience. It doesn't matter what the voluntary work as as long as you show that you're a hard worker.

Im on the dole.. Umm like how many hours can i do though?

Doesn't have to be in IT. Volunteer in a charity shop. You'll have retail experience that can lead to paid retail work. And then with either the charity shop work or the paid retail work, you can use the skills that you've learned - punctuality, hard work, shows that you're trustworthy if they'll let you handle money etc. that can help you get some sort of job in IT and then work your way up from there.
Reply 11
Original post by minimarshmallow
Doesn't have to be in IT. Volunteer in a charity shop. You'll have retail experience that can lead to paid retail work. And then will either the charity shop work or the paid retail work, you can use the skills that you've learned - punctuality, hard work, shows that you're trustworthy if they'll let you handle money etc. that can help you get some sort of job in IT and then work your way up from there.

I suppose.. I just .. well my self esteem is destroyed by all the knock backs..

Thanks anyway! Ill see about doing this :smile:
Reply 12
I suppose.. I just .. well my self esteem is destroyed by all the knock backs..

Thanks anyway! Ill see about doing this :smile:

Your CV isn't very good.
Reply 13
Original post by tehforum
Your CV isn't very good.

Ok.

There are 26 voluntary IT posts within 10 miles of Littlehampton on do-it.org right now.
Reply 15
Ok.

As in, ask for help in the CV Help forum.
Reply 16
Hmm interesting..

Well Im into helping people .. tech support.. Ive tried Programming was my cup of tea tbh.. I hated the planning,pseudo code etc..

I like the idea of desktop support?

Im MCP and A+ .. its just soul destroying its come to this..
Reply 17
unitemps.com is seems to have a few 6month IT placements etc.
Reply 18
Original post by threeportdrift
There are 26 voluntary IT posts within 10 miles of Littlehampton on do-it.org right now.

Okay.. ill look..

Volunteer, reception work, waiter, data entry, call centres.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending