The Student Room Group

The stupidest thing a non-fan/casual has ever said to you?

The topic says it all really - What is the stupidest thing a non footballfan or a causal football fan has ever said to you?

mine is probably when you are talking about football with a few people on say facebook then girls mostly bring up the fact footballers earn too much money.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Non-fan: Why doesn't the goalkeeper just carry the ball to the opposite goal?

Casual fan: Who the hell is this guy Valencia and why isn't Beckham playing?
Reply 2
Some American women we were watching the Final earlier siad that Spain have had "more aims" than Italy.
Reply 3
non-fan: If Spain is using no Striker... are they playing with 10 guys?
Reply 4
"Who's the best player in the World"

.......... "David Beckham".
Casual Spurs fan to an actual Spurs fan: "bring back Martin Jol.... but then again, why have a manager? Don't really see the point of having one. Not like they do very much...."
I have to say the downright stupidest thing I heard was from a Manchester United fan outside Old Trafford. Now I support Man Utd too but this comment was ridiculous. It was to do with the half and half football scarfs (on this occasion it was the Man Utd vs Man City game)

"Why the hell would someone want to have a scarf which has the other teams names on it, they aren't proper fans those people"

Then he said something racist but his IQ before even that was clearly very, very poor.
Original post by oldham_fran
Casual Spurs fan to an actual Spurs fan: "bring back Martin Jol.... but then again, why have a manager? Don't really see the point of having one. Not like they do very much...."

Largely a legitimate point..

Wait, wait wait. So you're telling me football teams... do NOT need managers?
Stupid Fan: I hope argentina win the Euros. Messi will be awesome.
me to liverpool fan who has never been to a match: "name someone who plays for liverpool then"
liverpool fan: "david beckham, michael owen, john terry"

:colonhash:
Reply 11
Why aren't man united at the Euros?
Original post by Whitechapel
I have to say the downright stupidest thing I heard was from a Manchester United fan outside Old Trafford. Now I support Man Utd too but this comment was ridiculous. It was to do with the half and half football scarfs (on this occasion it was the Man Utd vs Man City game)

"Why the hell would someone want to have a scarf which has the other teams names on it, they aren't proper fans those people"

Then he said something racist but his IQ before even that was clearly very, very poor.

What's wrong with that? I hate those stupid friendship scarfs or whatever they are called.
Wait, wait wait. So you're telling me football teams... do NOT need managers?

No. I'm saying that who your managers is isn't very important, and saying that teams don't need one at all is probably an obscure rhetorical device called an "exaggeration" that is meant to represent this point.
A pretty self confessed hardcore Liverpool fan and a friend of mine who regularly sits at the back of lectures reading the S*n.....

It's not something to get on my high horse about but it surprises me.
Reply 15
Hahhaa this stuff is gold
My girlfriend asked me why England doesn't better players like Spain, I didn't know whether to cry or laugh
Reply 16
Soccer

Especially when its an american saying it
callin a non-fan a casual.
Original post by DaveSmith99
What's wrong with that? I hate those stupid friendship scarfs or whatever they are called.

It was such a babyish comment. Oh don't buy that scarf, its got the other team on it! shock horror, get over it! - Its a scarf!
It was such a babyish comment. Oh don't buy that scarf, its got the other team on it! shock horror, get over it! - Its a scarf!

Not really, if you're a united fan why would you want a scarf with a city badge on?

Quick Reply

Latest