Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Which e reader shall i buy?

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I dont really know anything about e readers, but want one to read books over the summer. Im also going to uni next year so it may come in useful for that...

so what would be the best e reader to get? shall i just go for the £89 kindle?

thanks
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    i have the kindle and tbh i wouldnt want any other , all the books youll want are on amazon and they also have a load of cheap £1 books too
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Kindle in my opinion. Had mine for a year now and I love it :love:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have a kindle and have had it for about a year and a half now, I can't imagine using any other e-reader now
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    To be honest I never even considered any other e-reader before I got my Kindle, but I love it nonetheless.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    i have the £89 kindle and can't imagine travelling without it! so many free or very cheap books, so many pretty covers for it, and so much lighter than the types of books i was used to carrying in my bag as well!

also, you don't just have to put books on it. if you have PDF files or can convert files to PDFs, you can put those on it too. i've used it to carry around revision notes and knitting patterns with me
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurie:))
    i have the £89 kindle and can't imagine travelling without it! so many free or very cheap books, so many pretty covers for it, and so much lighter than the types of books i was used to carrying in my bag as well!

also, you don't just have to put books on it. if you have PDF files or can convert files to PDFs, you can put those on it too. i've used it to carry around revision notes and knitting patterns with me

(Original post by Em_Huong)
    To be honest I never even considered any other e-reader before I got my Kindle, but I love it nonetheless.

(Original post by beckycat)
    I have a kindle and have had it for about a year and a half now, I can't imagine using any other e-reader now

(Original post by ForensicShoe)
    Kindle in my opinion. Had mine for a year now and I love it :love:

(Original post by BekahDe)
    i have the kindle and tbh i wouldnt want any other , all the books youll want are on amazon and they also have a load of cheap £1 books too
    unanimous opinion then, can you recommend any good kindle books?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Get the £89 kindle you won't regret it but also get the little light as there is no backlight. And as for books, there free if you know where to look.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by number23)
    unanimous opinion then, can you recommend any good kindle books?
    I've got a whole bunch of classics that I'm going to go through, after I've finished reading a song of ice and fire series. Look out for Amazon's daily deals and offers on ebooks, they usually send you an email notifying you of these =)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by number23)
    I dont really know anything about e readers, but want one to read books over the summer. Im also going to uni next year so it may come in useful for that...

so what would be the best e reader to get? shall i just go for the £89 kindle?

thanks
    I'm a Kindle owner and love it, but if you want something marginally cheaper you could consider WHSmiths' Kobo, which has an identical screen (literally identical, same technology from the same company, same size). If you're mostly going to download legal free books from places like Project Gutenberg then it might be worth saving the £20.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Id get the kindle touch
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Virtu Read or the pro-tech tab
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Kindle! Mine's called Karl and I love it <3

And as for good kindle books, um well 'The God of Small Things' by Arhundhati Roy is one of the most amazing books ever and I imagine that you can get it for kindle!
    • 65 followers

ReputationRep:
    kindle

i love my touch but my daughter equally loves her 89 one
    • 65 followers

ReputationRep:
    http://eReaderIQ.co.uk/

will send you a daily list of free kindle books from Amazon

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 3, 2012
New on TSR

Have a UCAS application question?

Post it in our dedicated forum

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.