The Online Dating Chat Thread I

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gemmam
o-OKCUPID-ONLINE-DATING-CHART-570.jpg

This sound familiar to anyone?

Nope
Original post by Pwhiskers
Actually, I finally got my "You're hot!" email today :tongue:

Emails for everyone! Let's choose to interpret this as everyone on TSR being a total hottie.
Reply 282
I didn't get one, feel quite insulted!

Fourth date wasn't so great. Think I'm going to have to break it off. Oh well, back to square one...
Original post by Mishael
I didn't get one, feel quite insulted!

Fourth date wasn't so great. Think I'm going to have to break it off. Oh well, back to square one...

How comes ?
Reply 284
Original post by Bleak Lemming
How comes ?

He's a lovely guy, we've got loads in common etc, but I'm just not feeling sufficient amounts of spark.
Original post by Mishael
He's a lovely guy, we've got loads in common etc, but I'm just not feeling sufficient amounts of spark.

Shame. Fair enough tho :/
Wow I see everybody is having such good luck...
Reply 287
I been little bored recently so instead of ignoring the lame messages I tried to play along for a bit with one girl, anyway she gave me her number and told me that I could come around over weeked as she's making a 'creampie'. So, she was ok looking but her chavvy attitude and bad spelling/grammar, the fact that she's unemployed put me off a bit, and after finding her facebook and reading few convos (little research if you like) I was really put off, I must be weird refusing sexytime with a keen girl but there you go.
Reply 288
Original post by Staceycake
Wow I see everybody is having such good luck...

Ha I know. I was actually pretty content with being single before I started online dating again, now I just feel frustrated.

Anyone here ever had a look at the personal ads on craigslist? I ended up having a nose after looking for something for my mum, some pretty odd and scary stuff!
This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my ST18i
Original post by gemmam
Ha I know. I was actually pretty content with being single before I started online dating again, now I just feel frustrated.

Anyone here ever had a look at the personal ads on craigslist? I ended up having a nose after looking for something for my mum, some pretty odd and scary stuff!

Ah same. Although I was content with being single before I started getting involved with guys.. :rolleyes:

I seen some of the ads, some serious creeps on there.
Reply 290
Original post by Staceycake
Ah same. Although I was content with being single before I started getting involved with guys.. :rolleyes:

I seen some of the ads, some serious creeps on there.

There was one guy offering to pay women to kick him in the balls, I was half tempted to take him up on the offer as I'm skint haha.

With me its just shown me how limited my options for finding someone are. I've had no luck with online dating and it's pretty rare I get to go out to meet men as most of my friends have kids, so I have no idea how else I could meet anyone.
Original post by gemmam
There was one guy offering to pay women to kick him in the balls, I was half tempted to take him up on the offer as I'm skint haha.

With me its just shown me how limited my options for finding someone are. I've had no luck with online dating and it's pretty rare I get to go out to meet men as most of my friends have kids, so I have no idea how else I could meet anyone.

LOL so should of took him up on it :biggrin:.

A lot of the people I see on these dating sights are so desperate for sex or will just message everybody just to get a reply off somebody. I agree with you to, I don't get out anywhere to meet guys and when I do go clubbing it's not a place I look for a guy, one of the worse places ever tbh. Other than that my friends have kids so we don't go places.

I signed upto Magic Dating just days ago..I just signed in and I have 86 messages..
Original post by Miza
I been little bored recently so instead of ignoring the lame messages I tried to play along for a bit with one girl, anyway she gave me her number and told me that I could come around over weeked as she's making a 'creampie'. So, she was ok looking but her chavvy attitude and bad spelling/grammar, the fact that she's unemployed put me off a bit, and after finding her facebook and reading few convos (little research if you like) I was really put off, I must be weird refusing sexytime with a keen girl but there you go.

Classy lady there!
Reply 293
Interesting thread!

Iv been on and off dating sites since I was about 19 (nearly 26 now) so it's interesting to hear what other users say.

I had a long term relationship so haven't used them in a long time but maybe ill try again 1 day.

From memory my biggest issue was that people don't seem very serious. If you even get a reply its only usually a few. After making the effort to read profiles and send relative messages but getting no response I could only assume that most people were superficial or over judgemental.

I don't claim to be gods gift but surely I'd be worth a response at least??

Is this common or am I just that fugly? :erm:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my LT26i
Reply 294
Honestly, I get about 50% to 33% reply rate, but I structure messages in a way that If girl doesn't reply she will feel bad basically :P

Other guys quoted figures of 1 to 10 or 1 to 20 reply statistic, so it depends on you :P

To be honest If I was a girl receiving 10-20 messages a day then I wouldn't reply to the most either, so that's that.
Reply 296

That's scary, good job it's only a joke one, or at the very least I hope it is.
Reply 297
Original post by Miza
Honestly, I get about 50% to 33% reply rate, but I structure messages in a way that If girl doesn't reply she will feel bad basically :P

Other guys quoted figures of 1 to 10 or 1 to 20 reply statistic, so it depends on you :P

To be honest If I was a girl receiving 10-20 messages a day then I wouldn't reply to the most either, so that's that.

Cheers makes me feel a little better :smile:

Maybe I'll give it another go sometime after moving to uni :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my LT26i
Original post by gemmam

Empty msg
Reply 299
Original post by Bleak Lemming
Empty msg

Sorry urgh touch screens!

Quick Reply