The Student Room Group

How do you think you'll do on Results Day?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thatgirlbecky
The OP said that they were mainly asking AS level students so that would be why there isn't an option for that. Good luck with getting those high results, hope it goes well for you :biggrin:

It made me so happy to read such a sincere good luck for someone who had come out with a high prediction of their own grades. That sort of thing is very, very rare on this website! You're a good person :smile:
Original post by cl_steele
didnt the OP say for AS students? fair play to you if you get that at AS :wink:

He edited that part after I posted
Reply 22
Original post by Pi!
No ****ing idea and I'm cacking my pants over it.

Exactly my thoughts :tongue:
Original post by Bulbasaur
This, probably what I'll get. I wouldn't be depressed about it though, no uni will really care about the C :tongue:

ooh, hope you're right! it's just so sad to have one annoying bad grade amidst all the good ones, (hope i don't jinx it and do bad in all now -.-)
Not as well as I wanted to, that's for sure :/
Original post by lazershus
ooh, hope you're right! it's just so sad to have one annoying bad grade amidst all the good ones, (hope i don't jinx it and do bad in all now -.-)

Well it depends what you're applying for I guess. Certainly for my subject (geography) no university will really care about my C in AS physics, perhaps only Cambridge but even they focus mainly on your best 3. Someone on here got into LSE with AAAE at AS, also in physics, so I don't think we have much to worry about! Especially if you're predicted an A* or two next year...
I'm hoping for AAAB.
Reply 27
Original post by KyraBloke
I'm more worried about struggling to open the envelope it comes in. I can never open them neatly :/

Ah no there's a simple solution to this. Just put the envelope on the stove, and burn it clean off. The letter's completely fireproof (they coat it in a special material), so you won't lose your results. Works every time.
Reply 28
So worried! But I'm hoping and praying for AAAC, C in maths as OCR MEI C2 couldn't have gone any worst!

Also, we don't even get our results in an envelope, just printed on some paper, or we did for GCSEs! :frown:
aabb....
Original post by lazershus

I got AAAC last year and I still received an offer from all five of my choices, so I think it's only really Oxbridge and other universities of that calibre that would question one low grade. Good luck with your results :smile:
Wish results day was tomoro :/
Reply 32
Desperately want AAA ! But I reckon it might be A*AB or AAB and the B in psychology which is what I want to do next year ( dam you Unit 4 :tongue: )

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Transcendence
There's no option for A*A*A*A*?

Thats because the op said its for AS and you can't get A* at AS.
I'm waiting on A2 results, I'm hoping for ABB but I didn't go to one of the exams so maybe ABC on the plus I should definitely get an A in physics :smile:
Original post by cherrybombbb
I got AAAC last year and I still received an offer from all five of my choices, so I think it's only really Oxbridge and other universities of that calibre that would question one low grade. Good luck with your results :smile:

ahh thankyou, this gives me some hope, and congratulations on getting all five offers :redface:
:smile: I hope!

Quick Reply

Latest