Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Bloomsbury Hall

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know anything about Bloomsbury Hall- are there reviews anywhere? I can't find very much about it, and I'd like to know if there's any kind of internet service there.

Thanks!

Addison
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    There's absolutely no internet service there, you have to get a dongle. Hope that helped

source - my friends lived there, I borrowed their dongles a lot haha
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    bump, looks pretty ancient
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erasethisworld)
    There's absolutely no internet service there, you have to get a dongle. Hope that helped

source - my friends lived there, I borrowed their dongles a lot haha
    Sorry to jump in. May I ask which company did your friend used for the dongles? (also does anyone know that can broadband companies 'insert' line into the building?) Many many many thx ~
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how to book a room at Bloomsbury Hall?! The number and e-mail address on the website doesn't seem to work!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's pretty rubbish, as far as my experience goes.

No internet, no laundry (despite being promised a laundrette) and worst of all, the walls are paper thin. I can't play music louder than a whisper in here. Can't wait to move out.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Its rubbish.

No internet, no laundry, and walls are paper thin. I can't play my music louder than a whisper or my neighbor can hear!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's odd, a WiFi set up would work well, and the lack of it puts people off.

When I asked the bloke who runs this place, he said that they didn't want to be responsible for what people did on the internet. He seemed a very nice guy though.

Incidentally, the agreement for the hall has some "amusing" clauses - it has £1500 penalties for going into one of the meeting rooms or gardens that residents are not meant to enter!

The contract is 51 week so if you don't need the room for the summer period it's tough luck.

Having said all that, it's far better to have this hall available then have it converted to luxury flats for the very wealthy like so much of central London.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Bump again. I'm an international student but i don't qualify for UCL halls since I stayed there last year. There's no hope of me finding a place before I arrive in September. Is Bloomsbury hall that bad?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by santanasays)
    Bump again. I'm an international student but i don't qualify for UCL halls since I stayed there last year. There's no hope of me finding a place before I arrive in September. Is Bloomsbury hall that bad?
    I found living here great, its central and for the price it is good. There was cleaners every week and you get what you pay for. There are other around but not at this price so you have to weigh up whats more important.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Same! I'm interesting in booking a room in Bloomsbury Hall too. However, it has some strange clauses like no overnight guests, no internet etc. But it seems cheaper than other accommodation around that area- Woburn Place seems crazy expensive and I have heard even worse things about it online. Are all halls really thaat bad?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IBdrivinmecrazy)
    Same! I'm interesting in booking a room in Bloomsbury Hall too. However, it has some strange clauses like no overnight guests, no internet etc. But it seems cheaper than other accommodation around that area- Woburn Place seems crazy expensive and I have heard even worse things about it online. Are all halls really thaat bad?
    When I lived here you have your own private entrance so not sure about that, and anyway I was tld as long as I was here there is no issue with guests. What did you hear online, like I say i stayed here maybe I COULD help?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I lived in this hall for a year and all I can say is that it was the WORST accommodation experience ever. There is a reason why it's cheaper than other places nearby. Room and communal areas is below-average standard (very old). Landlord does absolutely nothing whenever there's a problem. AVOID!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smith_jones92)
    When I lived here you have your own private entrance so not sure about that, and anyway I was tld as long as I was here there is no issue with guests. What did you hear online, like I say i stayed here maybe I COULD help?
    Hello, I planned to move into Bloomsbury Hall from Sep 2014 as a second-year student, but it's just the internet worries me a lot. Would you pls tell me some of the feasible solutions about it then? Appreciate a lot.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone moving into this halls for this academic year ? Just curious to see who's about
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I am, but the Internet thing is kind of annoying.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jasminekzj)
    Hello, I planned to move into Bloomsbury Hall from Sep 2014 as a second-year student, but it's just the internet worries me a lot. Would you pls tell me some of the feasible solutions about it then? Appreciate a lot.
    I have contacted them to get a place. For internet, right now, and as I go to uni, I use a dongle and connect it to my phone by creating a Wifi hotspot. It is really quick, minimum buffering as long as the network signal is good though. Also make sure you get an unlimited internet deal with the network, otherwise you'll run into steep prices. Read on these threads the communal areas are ****, Anyone who has been there in recent months can confirm this? I saw pictures on the internet... doesn't look that bad - in fact, the kitchen looks modern and clean.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I think we'll make the best of it! Also for internet, check this out! https://www1.relish.net/

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 18, 2014
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.