The Student Room Group

Looking for peace of mind ! UCAS

Hey, to cut a long story short i was going to take 3 years but no longer feel I need to, so im taking a year out, work raise money etc and hopefully apply for mchem. However, since exams ive moved house/done alot of overtime, and not had chance to go into college for help with ucas... Is there an actual date that ucas forms have to be made? Or is there no such thing, as long as theyre handed in before the course deadline? So i can just use the summer for personal statement and wait till september to actually register... Thanks :smile:
Ahttp://www.ucas.ac.uk/students/importantdates

you have up till the 15 January 2013 to apply once it is open
Reply 2
Ah i can sleep easy now, I thought that was just the uni application deadline... Thanks :smile: Looks like ill register in september then.
Original post by WhatTheFunk
Ahttp://www.ucas.ac.uk/students/importantdates

you have up till the 15 January 2013 to apply once it is open

If you were going to university in 2013, you'd have up until September 20th 2013 to make an account and submit an application.

15th October 2012 is the deadline for Oxbridge and medicine, vet med and dentistry.
15th January 2013 is equal consideration deadline for non-Oxbridge and other courses (one of the art routes doesn't follow this, but I know next to nothing about that.)
30th June 2013 is deadline to submit a late application to universities of your choice - after that, new applications go straight to Clearing.
20th September 2013 is deadline to submit an application to UCAS.
22nd October 2013 is the late day a Clearing choice can be submitted and approved - basically the last day for getting into university.

However, best to do it by January 15th (or October 15th, if applicable.) :p:
Original post by TheSownRose
If you were going to university in 2013, you'd have up until September 20th 2013 to make an account and submit an application.

15th October 2012 is the deadline for Oxbridge and medicine, vet med and dentistry.
15th January 2013 is equal consideration deadline for non-Oxbridge and other courses (one of the art routes doesn't follow this, but I know next to nothing about that.)
30th June 2013 is deadline to submit a late application to universities of your choice - after that, new applications go straight to Clearing.
20th September 2013 is deadline to submit an application to UCAS.
22nd October 2013 is the late day a Clearing choice can be submitted and approved - basically the last day for getting into university.

However, best to do it by January 15th (or October 15th, if applicable.) :p:

I wouldn't want to leave it that late applying, be like fighting over the last pie at a Wigan game, its not pretty and no one wins. 22nd October seems very late seeing as must courses have already started, the same for 20th September as some start
Original post by WhatTheFunk
I wouldn't want to leave it that late applying, be like fighting over the last pie at a Wigan game, its not pretty and no one wins. 22nd October seems very late seeing as must courses have already started, the same for 20th September as some start

No, nor would I and I wouldn't recommend someone who already knows they want to go to university apply late at all. However, it's wrong to say that you have to apply by January 15th.
Reply 6
Ok thanks for replying guys, just wanted to know if I could leave it till after the summer, and just do my personal statement as the last day of college was yesterday apparently :3
Reply 7
Original post by sjbdbz
Ok thanks for replying guys, just wanted to know if I could leave it till after the summer, and just do my personal statement as the last day of college was yesterday apparently :3

applications usually open a few weeks after a-level results etc - so the beginning of september. i found it easier to apply through my school (even though, like you, i wasn't there anymore as i took a gap year). if you apply through your school, you need the school 'buzzword' which your teacher will have in september. then your teacher can write your reference and it's all simple.
if you apply independently, you have to attach your reference separately, which is a bit annoying, and there's no-one to check over everything for you.

when you've done your UCAS application, remember student finance too, it takes ages to sort out so you should start that asap when it opens (about january)
Original post by sjbdbz

There's no problem with that - making it in September. :smile: I don't think I even made my account until the end of October...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending