The Student Room Group

G4S 2012 Olympics Job

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1920
Original post by cl_steele
To everyone who has been ****ed over by these delightful people they have officially offered a half hearted apology!
I just got an email from them saying;

It could be better but at least theyve achknowledged theyve screwed the majority of people around big time...

Didn't receive this! -_-

Did you receive a guide with the email? o.O If you did, could you possibly forward it to me, please? :smile: harpalikli(at)hotmail.com
(at) = @
Does anyone know the pay grades for Guards and team leaders by any chance? or are they the same?
Original post by itshusi
Didn't receive this! -_-

Did you receive a guide with the email? o.O If you did, could you possibly forward it to me, please? :smile: harpalikli(at)hotmail.com
(at) = @

i got a link which sent me to lots of different pdf docs about the games do you mean those ? :smile:
Does anyone know the pay grades for Guards and team leaders by any chance? or are they the same?

8.50 for Guards, 15 for TL
Original post by GuitarWizard
8.50 for Guards, 15 for TL

Kerching! Cheers :smile:
Reply 1925
i got a link which sent me to lots of different pdf docs about the games do you mean those ? :smile:

Could i get the links please? :biggrin:
Original post by itshusi
Could i get the links please? :biggrin:

Im rather tired at the moment so cant be bothered to sift through the emails to find the correct one but i promise i'll get back to you tomorrow regarding this so just bare with me :tongue:
hi there,i've been reading the different post and would like to ask a question,i have done my sia training,got a call about my references from screening and vetting,done the topup training and i recieved a phone call last friday to go in for the training ing pitchford london on sat,on getting there i was told my name was not in the system but i was still allowed to stay for the training,i have never recieved any email at all nor have i collected my accredited yet,can go to london(i live in birmingham)to collect it?plus can i get information there,pls help!!!
Reply 1929
Im rather tired at the moment so cant be bothered to sift through the emails to find the correct one but i promise i'll get back to you tomorrow regarding this so just bare with me :tongue:

Lol! Okay, thanks! :tongue:
Reply 1930
Just picking up on a few things that have been asked and said over the last few pages:

'They have been low on staff'
Yes they have been very low on staff, Last night in the olympic park they were at a 40% capacity and they really need more people.

'All the PSA's are doing guard dutys as there is no one to search'
Not strictly true, In the olympic park I have been working in the MMC (media something) Where we are searching all of the media as they come in. There are about 12 search lanes (up to about 8 open per day at the moment and 2 during the night) with 6 people on each. But yes the main PSA jobs are not currently avaliable.

And we have been told as the timetables are not currently up to come in when we want to work! As you just sign in and then should get paid.

Good luck everyone!
Reply 1931
anyone know what's the dress code for psa training and what is it like? also sia got my ids and stuff i only got my bank statement would that work for proof of identity?
Original post by itshusi
I'm from Bridging the Gap, but I didn't recieve this?! :confused:

Shall I forward it to you? I have your email address
Reply 1933
Original post by Agent Smirnoff
Shall I forward it to you? I have your email address

Yes please! :smile:

Thanks!
i though i would share an update for all waiting for g4s to contact them.

i manged to go through to g4s a few moments ago on the phone, talked to a great guy and explained to him my problem:

i have passed screening and vetting, references have been contacted, i sent my sia certificate out to the relevant g4s department along with the application form and id.

i told him i have received no formal training from g4s yet, he told me that those who have not received any training yet are in a bad position as there are only 2 weeks left and they really need to sort something out, he told me to email g4s through all there different email addresses like the teamleader one etc.

he then kindly told me to wait and discussed this issue with his manager, and then took down all my details and will contact me tomorrow via email or phone.

i hope i helped people realizing the issue that if you haven't received any training like me so far start pushing them, phone g4s constantly and click option 2 then option 2 and demand training.

Hope i helped :smile:, will post any updates
Reply 1935
just wondering, are there ay team leaders here?
Reply 1936
Original post by GhostM
just wondering, are there ay team leaders here?

yea im a PSA Team leader
Reply 1937
**** G4S
Original post by RAMAZAN
**** G4S

Thank **** the police and military are doing all the real security for the Olympics. These people couldn't secure a turnip by the way they've organised this recruitment.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending