The Student Room Group

How to 'flirt'?? (Im a man and never flirted before)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Priya.C
Ok I'm a girl, let me try and help.

1. Look the part- hygienic, smell nice, casual clothes (don't try too hard but don't look as if you've just hopped out of bed haha), good skin (moisturise, may sound girly, but do it) etc. etc.

2. It's all about eye contact. Look at her (if she looks away, DONT WORRY, there will definitely be another girl). Try and hold that gaze for more than about 3 seconds. If she holds it too, then it's on!

3. Smile. Don't just stare blankly. Have a little smile playing at your lips- NOT overly cheesy or too wide. Practice with a mirror- it should be a 'im interested but not desperate' smile. Just a little one!

4. If she holds that gaze and smiles back, go talk to her. You say you're not sure what to say, but a simple 'hey, I'm .... What's your name?' will do. Ask her what she does (job/school/uni- not sure how old you are), where she's from, what her interests are, point out things around you and so on: just let the conversation flow...

5. CONFIDENCE! Don't be scared- so many girls out there want to meet a nice guy like you! Just smile, be confident (or fake it) and go up to her and talk.

6. Compliment her. Could not stress this more. Nice dress, you have a cute smile, your glasses are really different etc. etc.

7. If you get to know her better, use pet names: babe, sweetie, honey etc.

8. For me, personal preference here, I don't like it when a guy gets touchy feeling on the first encounter. A hug after a couple of meetings is good but I think it moves a bit too fast if he starts holding your hand or whatever. Sooo, you gotta make a judgement. Does she seem the outgoing friendly type, who wouldn't mind physical contact? Or the shy, quiet girl, who would prefer if you waited? You've got to decide.

Finally, I'm going to end with: just be youself. Cheesy, I know, but it's true. She'll like you more for it!

Good luck!

Thanks very much, this is one of the best pieces of advice on this thread
Ha, smiling and teh eye contact thing is probably your best option (but don't try to stare them down). Just try to look generally approachable and one you strat the conversation you will get more confident with what you say and how you act. Of courese you will probably bomb the first few times but you eventually get better at it.
If it's someone you just met, then just like look in their eyes with a slight smile but keep the convo normal. Then if they smile back and like giggle and stuff you know what's up. If its someone youve known for a while then the likelihood is you're in the friend zone
Reply 43
Original post by bloomblaze
Hi there,

Im a bloke in my early 20s, Ive never 'flirted' with a girl in my life, not knowingly at least. I dont know how to, and im not sure what flirting is.

Ive never been good with girls, they outcast me and think the dirt on their shoes is worth more time.

What is flirting? How do I do it?

Any help or advice?

Thanks, I appreciate anyone's help.

lol lol........well in mate!
Any advice with taking it to another level with a girl in a club that your dancing with? , I always struggle with this :/ . Thanks
Original post by Anonymous
Any advice with taking it to another level with a girl in a club that your dancing with? , I always struggle with this :/ . Thanks

Try and kiss her?

Jesus wept...

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad Ap
Reply 46
The advice on this thread is golden - thank you all
Reply 47
Original post by Am.K
You don't necessarily need to flirt with some girl. If you like someone they automatically catch your eyes and if they feel the same. They reciprocate. I swear that's how it works. You don't need skills to flirt :/

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
YOu do if you're me; I'm terrible at it.
Love the way some people act like their pros at this kind of stuff lol. Eye contact, smile, chat. Nothing to lose! You can only gain!

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Wildfire S A510e
Reply 49
Confidence is key. Just chat, find out what she works as / studies / whatever, talk about that. Find a common interest, talk about that.

If all seems to be going well, ask her if she would like a drink (assuming you are in such a situation) or would like to go for a coffee or something, and that will generally give your game away that you are interested. If she declines then nothing lost, but if you have got this far she may well accept your offer and just take it from there!

Please bear in mind I am in no way, shape, or form, a relationship expert. Just sharing what has worked for me in the past and has worked for other people too. Don't go in with strict guidelines in your head - just take it as it comes and see what happens :smile:

ETA - if it it someone you have just met a handshake usually seems to go down well, coupled with a smile!
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending