Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

quickest way to get to bristol temple meads?

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    hi, im in south east london and wanted to know the quickest way to get to bristol temp meads

looking at train sites, it takes 3 hours by train
    while by coach its only about 2 hours 40 mins:confused:

i just wanted to know if there were any trains from se london that go quicker to bristol than coach
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    Bristol Temple Meads is a train station, and the quickest way to get there is by train.

If you go to Bristol by coach, then you will end up at the bus station (Marlborough St - city centre), and then have to take a bus to Temple Meads.

Probably the most pertinent question for you will be 'which is the quickest way to get to my destination' - but what is your destination? Clifton? Frenchay? Taunton? Somewhere else?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Origami Bullets)
    Bristol Temple Meads is a train station, and the quickest way to get there is by train.

If you go to Bristol by coach, then you will end up at the bus station (Marlborough St - city centre), and then have to take a bus to Temple Meads.

Probably the most pertinent question for you will be 'which is the quickest way to get to my destination' - but what is your destination? Clifton? Frenchay? Taunton? Somewhere else?
    im going to bristol uni,
    BUT i can either go to bristol temple meads train station
    or take a coach to bristol coach station

i want to know the quickest way to get from se london to temple meads train station
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dellprinter)
    im going to bristol uni,
    BUT i can either go to bristol temple meads train station
    or take a coach to bristol coach station

i want to know the quickest way to get from se london to temple meads train station
    Aha! So you don't actually want to go to TM at all - you want to go to the University!

Quickest way will be to go the Bus Station, and then walk (short distance) to Rupert Street and get a 8/9 bus up to the university.

Of course, if you actually do want to go and gaze at the architecture of TM for reasons not stated here, then the quickest way to get there is by train, followed by an 8/9 bus up to the university from outside the train station.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Origami Bullets)
    Aha! So you don't actually want to go to TM at all - you want to go to the University!

Quickest way will be to go the Bus Station, and then walk (short distance) to Rupert Street and get a 8/9 bus up to the university.

Of course, if you actually do want to go and gaze at the architecture of TM for reasons not stated here, then the quickest way to get there is by train, followed by an 8/9 bus up to the university from outside the train station.
    I WANT TO KNOW THE QUICKEST WAY TO GET TO TEMPLE MEADS STATION FROM SE LONDON, IE WHAT TRAINS, and from what station
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I WANT TO KNOW THE QUICKEST WAY TO GET TO TEMPLE MEADS STATION FROM SE LONDON, IE WHAT TRAINS, and from what station
    http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/servic...today/1730/dep

By the way, if you're going to Bristol uni, you might be better off getting a train from temple meads to Clifton - it's a bit closer.
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    Now, now. That's what www.nationalrail.co.uk is for.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    London Paddington to Bristol Temple Meads is about 1 hour 45 minutes. That is the quickest route. (Uses Cross County rail).

Coach takes about 2.5 hours from London Victoria Coach station but nearly always goes to Bristol Coach station or some road like 5 mins from that.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    As above. Though note that the Coach station in Bristol is actually closer to the University than Temple Meads. Having said that, having used Megabus a good few times I don't recommend it over a train unless you're seriously short on cash (it can be gotten for £1 each way with enough notice).
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure national express takes you to Queens Road, which is just a few mins from the uni
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the_gooner)
    I'm pretty sure national express takes you to Queens Road, which is just a few mins from the uni
    It does if the destination is "Bristol University". If it's "Bristol" then it takes you to the Bus Station.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    hi, im in south east london and wanted to know the quickest way to get to bristol temp meads

looking at train sites, it takes 3 hours by train
    while by coach its only about 2 hours 40 mins:confused:

i just wanted to know if there were any trains from se london that go quicker to bristol than coach
    Megabus drops people off opposite Colston Hall. National Express drops people off at the bus station. Both are very convenient for University of Bristol students, especially if you live in the city centre.

I really would not advise travelling to Bristol on a train. It is hardly more comfortable and it is more inconvenient, and usually costs far more.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I live near UWE and When I go to London (Reverse journey) I take the bus to town (Depends what campus you're going to. If you go Frenchay, take the Wessex Red, if you go St Matt, take the 49) And then walk through broadmead to the coach station and take a coach to central london (Victoria).
    Ticket is £4 if you book it from national express a week ahead! (And then £2-something to get to the campus)
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Paddington.

Bristol Temple Meads trains leave from Paddington.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 24, 2012
New on TSR

Which unis have the poshest students?

See what students perceive to be the classiest establishments in Britain

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.