Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

England Cricket is on its peak

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    England is the current number one team in Test cricket and very near to become number one in ODI's too. Never forget they have won last T20 cricket world cup too.
    All the formats have different skippers and they are doing great job.
    Also the success credit goes to selection panel and coach as well.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    England are by far and away the best team on English conditions. But they're chances in the sub continent in the T20 world cup are very slim, as they are when they visit India at the end of the year. Until they learn to play on subcontinent pitches in the longer forms of the game, they will be number one only in English conditions. However, I am very impressed with the recent performances against West Indies and Australia, as they have shown the ability to play under pressure and show the skills needed. However, Doherty is not the most threatening spinner in the world. I am also very interested in seeing Eng vs SA this summer. I believe SA is slightly better than Englands, and their batting line up is also very good. There will be some very interesting battles this summer in Steyn vs Cook, Philander vs Trott, Amla vs Anderson and Kallis vs Broad. I can see the SA attack being very threatening and aggressive, which may catch England by surprise because they have not faced a world class pace attack for quite a while now.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I really agree with you, but in the recent time England is much stronger than SA due to their lower batting order. They have good all-rounders that are contributing very well when needed. Stuart broad, Graeme Swann, Tim Bresnan are very useful in the lower batting order. They have shown their talent and helped England to pile up good total when the middle order collapsed early.

And about the Indian sub continent, they always play very poor and I don't think so that in near future same team can;t beat India on their pitches as India has world's best batting order and good spinner.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    SA has one of, if not the best all rounder of all time, in Jacques Kallis. SA play 7 batsmen and 4 bowlers, and in fact I am reasonably sure their team will be Smith, Amla, Kallis, De Villiers, Duminy, Rudolph , Boucher, Philander, Steyn, Morkel and Tahir.
    Whereas England still are unsure about their team. The top 5 are secure. The number 6 position has been passed between Morgan, Bopara and Patel.
    I would prefer the attack of Steyn, Morkel, Philander and Tahir to Anderson, Broad, Bresnan and Swann. The attacks are very comparable. Steyn and Anderson are both the main strike bowlers, Morkel and Broad provide the bounce, Philander and Bresnan are swing bowlers, Swann and Tahir only bowl after the pace bowlers have failed. Philander looks to be amazing find for the SA, 51 wickets in 7 matches at an average of 14. He can also bat, meaning he is similar to the abilities of Bresnan.

India are in a period of transition similar to the Australians. Dravid has retired, with Sachin and Laxman soon to follow. I believe the future batting line up could look like this; Sehwag, Gambhir, Rahane, Kohli, Sharma, Pujara, Dhoni. To me that looks very strong.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daisyrogers)
    as India has world's best batting order and good spinner.
    who is their good spinner? ashwin? he's pathetic
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robotpenguin)
    India are in a period of transition similar to the Australians. Dravid has retired, with Sachin and Laxman soon to follow. I believe the future batting line up could look like this; Sehwag, Gambhir, Rahane, Kohli, Sharma, Pujara, Dhoni. To me that looks very strong.
    i'd have yuvraj or raina instead of pujara
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naman)
    who is their good spinner? ashwin? he's pathetic
    Ashwin is not so pathetic as you think. He is good in batting too. I admire he is new in Test cricket not pathetic. His previous performance is impressive.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Ashwin is not so pathetic as you think. He is good in batting too. I admire he is new in Test cricket not pathetic. His previous performance is impressive.
    ok maybe pathetic wasn't the right word. however he had a poor ipl.. poor form with india and i don't think he is indias best spinner. harbhajan has to be brought back in to the team certainly for test matches.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I agree with you. At least he should play with Harbhajan, so that he can take some tips that how to claim wickets in Test matches?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naman)
    i'd have yuvraj or raina instead of pujara
    Although I am thrilled than Yuvraj has recovered, I'm not sure reimplementing him into the Test side would be the best thing for him or India. Playing 5 days may be a issue for Yuvraj after suffering such an Illness and India should try to get someone new whilst they are changing everyone else. Pujara has been very impressive for India A and his state side, which means he deserves a call up. He is very similar to Dravid in the fact that he is very patient and likes to build an innings.
    Raina is a different issue. His only 100 came against Sri Lanka in SSC, a batting paradise. He clearly has an issue with playing the bouncer which was clear against England last summer. Until he faces this issue, he will never be able to play in Tests. Its fine in ODI's because he is able to be more aggressive and usually pull it for six. But in Tests, he needs to stay in for longer periods meaning he cannot attempt to pull every bouncer for six.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I agree with you. At least he should play with Harbhajan, so that he can take some tips that how to claim wickets in Test matches?
    I would let Harbhajan play for Essex and regain some form. He will get some good match practice, and maybe regain form in time for England's visit to India in the winter. Not only that, but he will be playing alongside Cook which is England's best batsmen in my view at the moment. It will give him a chance to see his weaknesses. Bopara also plays for Essex and will most likely be playing for England at number 6.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Cook is my favourite batsman. I like his patience in Test cricket. He was playing only tests but when appointed as skipper I was very surprised but he has managed very well in ODI's too not as a batsman but as a skipper too.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    They are bossing the Aussies at the minute.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForensicShoe)
    They are bossing the Aussies at the minute.
    Well England is playing very well cricket this season..Deserve to be number one in ODI's too...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    No, a Number One ODI side is successful all over the world. Although England beat Pakistan, they lost 5-0 against India. If they beat Australia, and then go to India and win the ODI's in the winter, they deserve to be number one in ODI's
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robotpenguin)
    No, a Number One ODI side is successful all over the world. Although England beat Pakistan, they lost 5-0 against India. If they beat Australia, and then go to India and win the ODI's in the winter, they deserve to be number one in ODI's
    Definitely, I agree with you. If they will beat India then I too think that they deserve for Number one position. Only Australia is the team that has dominated every cricket playing nation so far in their home pitches.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well England is playing very well cricket this season..Deserve to be number one in ODI's too...
    Not just yet I feel. A slightly longer period of dominance I feel is needed but more importantly more series wins on foreign soil.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    England = formidable at home. No two ways about it.

For them to be considered as great as the Aussies during their reign, they need to get some significant wins away from home. Their tour to India this winter will be a good indication of their future.

At home though, England are just :drool:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I am reasonably confident England will struggle in India this winter. India will certainly be looking for revenge, and I can see Sachin and co piling on the runs with the English bowlers struggling in non-seaming conditions. I think Anderson will be fine because he is a world class bowler. Broad, Bresnan and Finn will struggle because bouncer will be swatted away and yorkers will be smashed back at them. Swann will be very important and if he performs, England have a chance.
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    England is the current number one team in Test cricket and very near to become number one in ODI's too. Never forget they have won last T20 cricket world cup too.
    All the formats have different skippers and they are doing great job.
    Also the success credit goes to selection panel and coach as well.
    I don't think they have peaked yet! . They're playing well, and australia just playing poorly! I think England can get even better if they keep their heads down and work harder .

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 9, 2012
New on TSR

What do you think of the BBC?

UK Parliament wants to hear your views

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.