The Student Room Group

The Official May 2012 IB Grade Boundaries

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
You wouldn't happen to have Psychology (HL), would you? :smile: All the other subjects I do you've posted so thankyou!
I don't even have too much of a reason to know them as I've met my offer and I'm too skint for a remark, but I guess I love to horde information.

It seems like maths boundaries have gone up by a fair amount. I would've thought the easiness of P1 would've been outweighed by the nightmare that was P2, and so did everyone in my cohort, but I guess others didn't find that. I got a 7 reasonably comfortably on the 2011 papers and 'only' a 6 this year so ehh. It's okay, after P2 I'm glad not to have got a 5!
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Harve
You wouldn't happen to have Psychology (HL), would you? :smile: All the other subjects I do you've posted so thankyou!
I don't even have too much of a reason to know them as I've met my offer and I'm too skint for a remark, but I guess I love to horde information.

It seems like maths boundaries have gone up by a fair amount. I would've thought the easiness of P1 would've been outweighed by the nightmare that was P2, and so did everyone in my cohort, but I guess others didn't find that. I got a 7 reasonably comfortably on the 2011 papers and 'only' a 6 this year so ehh. It's okay, after P2 I'm glad not to have got a 5!

Strangely I only have Pyschology SL :frown: Sorry!

As for maths are you referring to regular SL paper? I'm relieved I got a 6 and was thinking it would turn out to be a 5 ! Did much worse in P2 than P1 myself.
Original post by Saelie
And the orals dont - awesome. Gonna do the same! :smile: Thanks for the help.

Are you sure about that? I mean isn't the IOC completely externally graded? I'd also be happier if they didn't touch those haha.
Reply 23
Original post by Kyle Butler
Are you sure about that? I mean isn't the IOC completely externally graded? I'd also be happier if they didn't touch those haha.

The IOC is only externally moderated - I think.

I don't know, though. People keep saying different things :P
Could you please post Psych SL and Math SL if you have it? :smile:
Reply 25
Original post by Kyle Butler

Saelie is right, the IOCs and IOPs are internally assessed and externally moderated (i.e. your teacher gives you a grade and then IB moderators check to see if the grade they gave you corresponds to their standards).

The remarks only apply for externally marked papers, i.e. all of your exam papers and your World Lits. So the IOCs won't be touched if you appeal for a remark :smile:
Reply 26
Original post by incs
Saelie is right, the IOCs and IOPs are internally assessed and externally moderated (i.e. your teacher gives you a grade and then IB moderators check to see if the grade they gave you corresponds to their standards).

The remarks only apply for externally marked papers, i.e. all of your exam papers and your World Lits. So the IOCs won't be touched if you appeal for a remark :smile:

My IB Coordinator confirmed this. :smile:
Original post by Lionheartat20

Do you happen to have the Further Maths grade boundaries?
Reply 28
Guys my friend got a 72% on math HL (option series and differential equations) he was wondering about where the 7 starts from because he got a 6..can you please help me out? anyone who has them? I got 82% and its a 7, but then there is no one in the middle to find out where the 7 starts. Thanks you guys :smile:
Reply 29
Hello! Could you please put the boundary of business SL. I would really appreciate it. Thank you!
Reply 30
Hello! Could you please put the boundary of business SL. Thank you!
Dont supose you have ES grade boundaries? Hoping to get mine remarked :smile:
Can you post the EE boundaries please? I tried to look them up and they seem to change every year...
Reply 33
Original post by MAMDS1993
Guys my friend got a 72% on math HL (option series and differential equations) he was wondering about where the 7 starts from because he got a 6..can you please help me out? anyone who has them? I got 82% and its a 7, but then there is no one in the middle to find out where the 7 starts. Thanks you guys :smile:

I do series. A 7 is 80% exactly.
Paper 3 was a 50/60 for a 7.
Hope this helps.
German ab initio or Psych EE anyone?
Reply 35
Psych EE:

A: 29-36
B: 23-28
C: 16-22
D: 8-15
E: 0-7
Reply 36
these are for the overall percentage (Psych HL)

Grade 3: 20-29
Grade 4: 30-41
Grade 5: 42-53
Grade 6: 54-65
Grade 7: 66-100
Reply 37
Anyone got TOK breakdown, i.e. for the essay and presentation individually, not just overall?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 38
Does ToK change doesn't it stay constant every year?
Reply 39
Original post by NAC06
I do series. A 7 is 80% exactly.
Paper 3 was a 50/60 for a 7.
Hope this helps.

Hey thanks, Holy crap though thats HIGH I was lucky to avoid a 6 then (3 marks away) hehe. Thanks for your help.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending