The Student Room Group

Anyone else dreading..

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by hanafall
I got a letter from UCAS yesterday explaining clearing, so you should get one too x

They didn't send me one. Great they already know I've failed and no University will let me in.
Original post by Theturnbull9
They didn't send me one. Great they already know I've failed and no University will let me in.

Now that is pessimism

why not assume that they are sure you will not need clearing :biggrin:
Original post by ConstantlyStressed
It's my eighteenth birthday on the 16th of August :cry2:

I feel SO SO sorry for you...
Reply 23
I didn't check UCAS, just went and got my results from school. Much more of a thrill, especially when everyone else knows..
Reply 24
For A2 results, do we have to go into school and collect them or can we view them online? So we find out if we got into university by looking at UCAS track? I know it might sound like a stupid question, but I genuinely am not sure.. thanks
A lot of people are joking about not even going into sixth form that day...
Reply 26
If UCAS Track is anything like it was last year, you'll be unbelievably lucky to get on. It was virtually impossible to get on it.

I coud luckily find out what one of my results was, due to Edexcel putting it online. I think it was them anyway. Apart from that though, it was just sitting nervously until I could go to school.
Reply 27
Original post by TheNextBigMoonFruit
A lot of people are joking about not even going into sixth form that day...

I'm going to check my results in the morning, just so I know what to expect when I get to college :/ need to prepare for congratulations or teachers giving me some serious stink eye.
Duude. I am soo eating a whole carrot cake on that day.
Reply 29
on the letter I got from ucas it said track would be online from 8AM, which is when my school opens for results so that's useful -_-
Reply 30
Man, you were so lucky. Nobody I know got on :biggrin:. The nervous tension filling the hallway before we could get our results at school was amazing.

Good luck tomorrow :smile:
Original post by TheNextBigMoonFruit
I feel SO SO sorry for you...

I know..it could basically either be the one of the best birthdays I've ever had, or it could be spent hidden away in my room, door locked, sobbing as "Mad World" or "Fix You" blares out.

I pray it's not the latter.
I know..it could basically either be the one of the best birthdays I've ever had, or it could be spent hidden away in my room, door locked, sobbing as "Mad World" or "Fix You" blares out.

You don't do that for fun?

Nah. Come on the Internet to share your grief. It promises to be gentle.And remember that's worse case scenario dude. This is just waiting --' and waiting and waiting and waitingngngngng-
Original post by TenOfThem
I have to say that I am AMAZED by the lateness of results that people are mentioning one here

We open up for A2 results at 8:30 with students arriving for AS results at 10:00

Why are people only getting A2 results at 10 or 10:30

We're online from 6am..... Actual human contact from 8am... *yawns*
Original post by criminal
For A2 results, do we have to go into school and collect them or can we view them online? So we find out if we got into university by looking at UCAS track? I know it might sound like a stupid question, but I genuinely am not sure.. thanks

Your school should have told you the procedure for collecting results. Unless it's going to be done online, in which case you should have been provided with a password, you will have to collect your results in person. Track, when you get onto it, will tell you if your have got into your firm, your insurance or have been entered into clearing. It won't tell you what your grades are, and you will need to know these if you are entering negotiations with a university in clearing.

I have a better idea. If it's good news, go out and get ****ed up to celebrate. If it's bad news, go out and get ****ed up anyway since you only have one 18th birthday.
Original post by carnationlilyrose
Your school should have told you the procedure for collecting results. Unless it's going to be done online, in which case you should have been provided with a password, you will have to collect your results in person. Track, when you get onto it, will tell you if your have got into your firm, your insurance or have been entered into clearing. It won't tell you what your grades are, and you will need to know these if you are entering negotiations with a university in clearing.

Do English students not get their results sent in the post like in Scotland? :confused:
DO NOT RELY ON BEING ABLE TO CHECK TRACK BEFORE YOU GO IN.

Track is unbelievably ****, and the traffic shuts it down every year without fail.
By all means check, and for the best shot do it early - but weigh up the possibilities of knowing, or not knowing and being up at 6am unable to sleep again.
Original post by Mr Dangermouse
Do English students not get their results sent in the post like in Scotland? :confused:

Not usually, in my experience, no. If you are going to be away, you can have them posted to you or arrange in advance for someone else to collect them for you. It's the time factor that determines it, really. In Scotland, I believe, (and I've never lived there, so I'm using scanty knowledge passed on through teachers in the staff room who've migrated south as my source of info) you get them a week earlier and technically clearing starts then, giving a week for you to get your results through the post before all hell breaks loose when the English kids get theirs. If the A level results came through the post too, the system couldn't get going properly on results day. In an ideal world, and that's probably in a year or so, everyone would get them online at the same time. Hope I'm making sense - I'm off out in one minute so I'm rushing!
Original post by Theturnbull9
teachers giving me some serious stink eye.

I hate waiting to be given results at college because our teachers were just their staring at us last time and it made me nervous as hell!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending