The Student Room Group

(2012) Clearly some extremists are doing some planning - Al Quaeda terror suspect..

...caught at Olympic park?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/terrorism-in-the-uk/9383976/Al-Qaeda-terror-suspect-caught-at-Olympic-Park.html

The alleged al-Qaeda militant was caught crossing through the Olympic Park five times, breaking a ban imposed by the Home Secretary, The Sunday Telegraph has learned.

The 24 year-old has previously tried to get to Afghanistan, allegedly for terrorist training, and is suspected of fighting for the Somali Islamist group al Shabaab, which has been responsible for thousands of deaths, including those of Western aid workers. He is accused of trying to recruit other Britons to its cause.
A Home Office lawyer warned after his discovery in the Olympic area that the man - known as CF - wanted to “re-engage in terrorism-related activities, either in the UK or Somalia” and is “determined to continue to adhere to his Islamist extremist agenda”.

His detention is the most serious security alert yet to hit the Olympic Park.
It is disclosed today after a week which saw 14 terror-related arrests across Britain, including a white Muslim convert detained over an alleged plan to carry out a major terrorist attack.

You remember this story some few days ago? Now, I know he is a 'suspect', but he was already subject to TPIMs (Terrorism Prevention and Investigative Measures - similar to control orders) and he broke them... to go to the Olympic Park...repeatedly!!

Now, that's what got alarm bells ringing in my head. Why would you, being a terror suspect under a terrorism control order, go to the site of a large international event?

At first, I too was sceptical like many about the masses of troops to be deployed to London and the missile systems to be implanted on flats. But really, such events as the above do set alarm bells ringing. And what with the terror arrests we've seen these past few weeks (most related to London 2012), surely it goes to show that there is actually some major and widespread planning?

Really the ones that have been caught in these terror arrests must be the stupid/incautious ones, no?

What do you think about this whole issue?
'
And on a scale of 1 - 10 (1 being 'No Chance', and 10 being Yes, definitely - enough to call off the entire thing') - did you think that a major terrorist attack will occur in London/England during the Olympics?

Me? 7, for the reasons explained above?

What do you think?
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Honestly? I don't care. At any one time there are no doubt thousands of wanna be terrorists perhaps hundreds of thousands planning attacks ( since every nation at the olympics brings with it its terrorist groups. There is no point worrying about this. Just have faith in the security services. No one on this forum will know either way if an attack is going to happen or not.
Reply 2
Original post by Aj12
Honestly? I don't care. At any one time there are no doubt thousands of wanna be terrorists perhaps hundreds of thousands planning attacks ( since every nation at the olympics brings with it its terrorist groups. There is no point worrying about this. Just have faith in the security services. No one on this forum will know either way if an attack is going to happen or not.

So it would be best not to attend olympics in the first place.

The West is itching to attack Iran and a well planned false flag attack cannot be prevented if the government is behind it. Recent security breaches by undercover G4s reporter and others show a major flow in the screening system.

200,000 body bags are being prepared and we have a WW2 ship called SS Richard Montgomery just outside the Thames jam packed with thousands of explosives which is capable of launching a tsunami flooding London and the olympic avenue itself is built on top of an ex-nuclear reactor.

It's also been very quite for a while, something big is being cooked i believe.
Original post by noteraz
So it would be best not to attend olympics in the first place.

The West is itching to attack Iran and a well planned false flag attack cannot be prevented if the government is behind it. Recent security breaches by undercover G4s reporter and others show a major flow in the screening system.

200,000 body bags are being prepared and we have a WW2 ship called SS Richard Montgomery just outside the Thames jam packed with thousands of explosives which is capable of launching a tsunami flooding London and the olympic avenue itself is built on top of an ex-nuclear reactor.

It's also been very quite for a while, something big is being cooked i believe.

As a matter of interest what's your source for those claims? All seems very far-fetched to me...
Reply 4
The alleged al-Qaeda militant was caught crossing through the Olympic Park five times

Oh My God! 5 whole times! I hope everyone at the park is okay.
Reply 5
Original post by TheHistoryStudent
As a matter of interest what's your source for those claims? All seems very far-fetched to me...

The SS Richard Montgomery does exist, at least.
Reply 6

SS montgomery:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SS_Richard_Montgomery

200,000 body bags being prepared:

http://www.infowars.com/whistleblower-reveals-plan-to-evacuate-london-during-olympics/

Olympics ex-nuclear site:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/olympics_2012/4682251.stm
I'm getting a bit paranoid now as I'm going to see the mens 100m. I really do hope nothing bad happens :s-smilie:

Either way, I'll be wearing this when I go;
Reply 8
Original post by Darkphilosopher
I'm getting a bit paranoid now as I'm going to see the mens 100m. I really do hope nothing bad happens :s-smilie:

Don't risk your life to watch an individual running 100 metres. There's too much sh*^ going and ignoring is not a good idea.

Watch it LIVE from the safety of your own home relaxing on your sofa with your 50 inch HD 3D tele on. :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Algorithm69
Your flippancy is not amusing, especially since the article specifically states he was banned from doing so by the Home Secretary, as well as stating he is obviously an Islamic extremist. You'd have to be very naive or desperate to defend Islam to deny this is very suspicious.

:lolwut: :rofl: You really are a special kind of moron aren't you.
Reply 10
One shady looking olympics poster in London underground:

Reply 11
ah so this is where TSR's tin foil hat brigade hang out, who putting the kettle on then?
Original post by Darkphilosopher

Good luck. I'm a rational man but even I know to limit my excursions into central london during the Olympics.

The SS Richard Montgomery is a ticking time-bomb. The reason they haven't attempted to dispose of the 140000 tonnes of explosives and clear the wreckage is because it would be devastating.

Original post by B-Man.
Oh My God! 5 whole times! I hope everyone at the park is okay.

He is a suspected terrorist. He has been banned from going there. He was subject to terrorism control orders. He had connections with known terrorist groups. Frankly, I'd be suspicious if he had gone to the Park once!

Original post by Norton1
The SS Richard Montgomery does exist, at least.

Indeed, it does. And it's a ticking time-bomb. It would explain why they haven't attempted to yet clear it up.
Reply 13
Too many paranoid people, stop being scared, theres alot whole lot of other things you should worry about
Reply 14
Original post by ESPORTIVA
Too many paranoid people, stop being scared, theres alot whole lot of other things you should worry about

What is there more to worry about than an attack that might take place during olympics to kick off WW3?
Reply 15
Nobody on TSR can predict a terrorist attack. The games have tonnes of Private Security , Police drafted in from Police Forces across the United Kingdom under mutual aid and Armed Forces equipped with state of the art defence equipment. An attempt of an attack or an attack itself can happen but whether or not it is successful or causes a large loss of life or injury is unlikely. Remember planning is one thing , implementation is another and succeeding is a whole different ball park.

Have faith in the Security Contingency and stop being paranoid. We can speculate all we want but this won't help. But what you CAN do to help is keep vigilant and pass on any relevant information that needs to be passed on to the relevant authorities.

Original post by noteraz

x

I saw your links. I can tell you that the information regarding G4S training is incorrect. I have never been trained on evacuating London. ( Evacuation of the Olympic sites yes , but not of London.) Other than that.... I may not say anything else regarding G4S Training.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 16
the paranoid freaks are out in force today
I bet 1 million squids that nothing will happen. :ninja:
Original post by noteraz
Don't risk your life to watch an individual running 100 metres. There's too much sh*^ going and ignoring is not a good idea.

Watch it LIVE from the safety of your own home relaxing on your sofa with your 50 inch HD 3D tele on. :smile:

Think how I might feel - I've been employed to work in security for the Olympics! And it's a hard offer to turn down in this crap economy considering the good money and the fact that every other of the 100s of job I've applied to have rejected me :frown:
Reply 19

Evacuation of London and body bags prepared? :holmes:

This evacuation of London wouldn't happen to be Operation Sassoon would it? :holmes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Sassoon ......... Something that has been around since 2003! (before we even won the bid for 2012) :pierre:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/3635306.stm

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending