Scroll to see replies

Original post by bee2012
Psych EE:

A: 29-36
B: 23-28
C: 16-22
D: 8-15
E: 0-7

I thought that the grade boundaries are the same for EEs in all subjects. Are you sure these are for this year? I tried to look up boundaries and there are two types that seem to vary from year to year
Reply 41
ToK essay

A- 30-40
B- 23-29
C- 17-22
D- 10-16
E- 0-9

ToK presentation

A- 19-20
B- 16-18
C- 13-15
D- 9-12
E- 0-8

Total ToK Boundaries

A- 48-60
B- 38-47
C- 29-37
D- 18-28
E- 0-17
Reply 42
hey could anybody post hungarian a1 hl boundaries? i'd be grateful. Also, does anybody know whether the practical work in biology SL is externally assessed? I got 7 for each of my papers and only the practical work makes it a 6..... so should I apply for remark in biology sl?
Reply 43
No u cannot remark your IA unless the school sends your entire class' IA for remoderation. IAs are externally moderated not externally assessed.
Original post by oosaki
hey could anybody post hungarian a1 hl boundaries? i'd be grateful. Also, does anybody know whether the practical work in biology SL is externally assessed? I got 7 for each of my papers and only the practical work makes it a 6..... so should I apply for remark in biology sl?

I believe its internally marked and then externally moderated, just like IAs
Do you have the visual arts HL grade boundaries please? (marked so harshly!)
Reply 46
Original post by needhelp1234
I thought that the grade boundaries are the same for EEs in all subjects. Are you sure these are for this year? I tried to look up boundaries and there are two types that seem to vary from year to year

Oh really? These are the ones that my IB co-ordinator gave me. What is the other type?
Reply 47
Original post by Ellieelephant
Do you have the visual arts HL grade boundaries please? (marked so harshly!)

These are for option A -
Studio Work:
Grade 3: 7-9
Grade 4: 10-12
Grade 5: 13-14
Grade 6: 15-17
Graded 7: 18-20

Investigation Workbook:
Grade 3: 6-8
Grade 4: 9-11
Grade 5: 12-14
Grade 7: 18-20

Final %:
Grade 3: 29-43
Grade 4: 44-58
Grade 5: 59-70
Grade 6: 71-85
Grade 7: 86-100

How did you do? I'm so grateful for my 6 - I thought I totally screwed up the interview!
Original post by bee2012
Oh really? These are the ones that my IB co-ordinator gave me. What is the other type?

well, before my IBC sent them to me i looked it up on internet and from some previous years a B for instance started at 25 and a C started at 16. Anyways, these are right and i am assuming they fit all subjects, since i have history :biggrin:
Do you guys think I should remark my EE if I am 1 point away from the next mark (i really need that point) or is there still a risk of it going down to a lower grade?
Reply 50
Original post by needhelp1234
Do you guys think I should remark my EE if I am 1 point away from the next mark (i really need that point) or is there still a risk of it going down to a lower grade?

It's definitely worth a go, EE marking isn't nearly as inconsistent as TOK for instance, my only word of caution would be if you're doing a science EE in which case grades may fluctuate quite a bit. Otherwise it's probably worth a go especially given that you need it :smile:
Original post by bee2012
These are for option A -
Studio Work:

Investigation Workbook:

Final %:

How did you do? I'm so grateful for my 6 - I thought I totally screwed up the interview!

Thankyou! Wow, a 6? That's amazing, well done! I only got a 4. When I opened my results I was so angry, it was almost laughable. I'd put so much effort in, and that was my lowest grade which is ironic when art is my best subject. I know I'm not a 4 and felt like all the hard work I had put in was for nothing. I'm going to do art next year at uni (don't need to do foundation year) so it was gutting to get more in my Maths when I'm hopeless at that! Everyone in my class of 15 got a level 4 and no one ever in my school has got more than a 5 so I'm not sure if my teachers aren't teaching us correctly the "ib way" or whether the ib just have a disliking to us because the students in my class are not all working at the same grade, so to have the same grade as those who didn't put in half as much effort as some of us really gets to me :frown:

Sorry for the essay but it seems hardly anyone does art on these threads and I just needed to rant!
Original post by NAC06
It's definitely worth a go, EE marking isn't nearly as inconsistent as TOK for instance, my only word of caution would be if you're doing a science EE in which case grades may fluctuate quite a bit. Otherwise it's probably worth a go especially given that you need it :smile:

I am doing History EE. :smile:. Yeah, I think I will risk it. Plus, I just checked out the TOK/EE matrix and even if the grade will go down, my points won't change :smile:
Reply 53
Thankyou! Wow, a 6? That's amazing, well done! I only got a 4. When I opened my results I was so angry, it was almost laughable. I'd put so much effort in, and that was my lowest grade which is ironic when art is my best subject. I know I'm not a 4 and felt like all the hard work I had put in was for nothing. I'm going to do art next year at uni (don't need to do foundation year) so it was gutting to get more in my Maths when I'm hopeless at that! Everyone in my class of 15 got a level 4 and no one ever in my school has got more than a 5 so I'm not sure if my teachers aren't teaching us correctly the "ib way" or whether the ib just have a disliking to us because the students in my class are not all working at the same grade, so to have the same grade as those who didn't put in half as much effort as some of us really gets to me :frown:

Sorry for the essay but it seems hardly anyone does art on these threads and I just needed to rant!

I know exactly how you feel, art was such a stressful subject for me and the workload was just crazy. Some other schools in my area also had class results of 4/5. I guess it's just very subjective; my teacher loved abstraction and hated anything opposite (what I liked) so I had to work against my own style.. anyway good luck with art in uni! It'll be so much better when you can do anything you want :smile:

I don't take art, but the same thing happened to my class. Everyone got a 4, one person got a 3 and some failed their studio work, while these people were predicted like 6 or 7. Completely ridiculous so they also have the feeling the teacher isn't guiding them properly. Everyone is really angry about it but yeah, not much they can do about it still.
Have you by chance got the grade boundaries for SL French ab initio? Thanks

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 56
hey!! thank you so much for all this info! its so helpful!
but do you by chance know the grade boundaries for computer science HL??
Reply 57
hey could somebody send me hungarian a1? please, I need to know if I should apply for remarking.... needing a point very much XS
Reply 58
Original post by bee2012
These are for option A -
Studio Work:

Investigation Workbook:

Final %:

Hey, thanks for posting these up :smile: I just saw my component results and I got a 70 :frown: 1 percent away from a 6!! Do you think I should get it remarked? Because I've made my offer and everything, the only reason I would be doing it is because I know I deserve a better grade... Is it worth it?
Reply 59
Original post by saachi
Hey, thanks for posting these up :smile: I just saw my component results and I got a 70 :frown: 1 percent away from a 6!! Do you think I should get it remarked? Because I've made my offer and everything, the only reason I would be doing it is because I know I deserve a better grade... Is it worth it?

No problem :smile: If it doesn't affect your status (i.e. they would still accept you if you drop a grade) then yes definitely get it remarked! Although I think they could only look over the investigation workbook part of it again?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending