Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

UNITE student accomodation

Announcements Posted on
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Can someone help me to understand when to apply for accommodation at Leeds Met (insurance choice). It says on the website to apply after results day however, I have been looking at the accommodation with UNITE and was wondering if this is still the case (with it being private accom etc). Will this mean you apply for accommodation via their website also...

thank you
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainbows!)
    Can someone help me to understand when to apply for accommodation at Leeds Met (insurance choice). It says on the website to apply after results day however, I have been looking at the accommodation with UNITE and was wondering if this is still the case (with it being private accom etc). Will this mean you apply for accommodation via their website also...

thank you
    Hi Rainbows!

My names Frankie,

I work for UNITE. I'm here to give help and support to TSR users with accommodation queries about UNITE.

I noticed your post and thought a response might be helpful. You don’t have to wait until results day to apply for accommodation with UNITE, but as Leeds Met is your insurance choice and you haven’t accepted an offer from them yet there are a few different ways you can apply.

It might be easier to give us a call on our free phone number so one of our advisors can go through all the options with you.

The telephone number is 0800 783 4213

I hope this helps,
    Frankie
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:

thank you
    (Original post by UNITE Student Accommodation)
    Hi Rainbows!

My names Frankie,

I work for UNITE. I'm here to give help and support to TSR users with accommodation queries about UNITE.

I noticed your post and thought a response might be helpful. You don’t have to wait until results day to apply for accommodation with UNITE, but as Leeds Met is your insurance choice and you haven’t accepted an offer from them yet there are a few different ways you can apply.

It might be easier to give us a call on our free phone number so one of our advisors can go through all the options with you.

The telephone number is 0800 783 4213

I hope this helps,
    Frankie

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not use Unite accommodation. They are expensive, impersonal, unsociable and they charge for every tiny thing. They are unhelpful and charge far too much for what they are offering. I've heard mostly bad things about them, so please spare yourself the trouble and the money, and go for university halls or private housing.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by umop apisdn)
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not use Unite accommodation. They are expensive, impersonal, unsociable and they charge for every tiny thing. They are unhelpful and charge far too much for what they are offering. I've heard mostly bad things about them, so please spare yourself the trouble and the money, and go for university halls or private housing.
    Hi umop apisdn

I’m sorry to hear your feedback.

We appreciate that we haven't always got things right in the past and do apologise for this. As part of us striving constantly to provide a better service for our customers, we are here on The Student Room to give advice where necessary and listen to comments.

Is there anything I can look into further for you?

Frankie
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:

thank you
    You can apply but make sure you are clear about the cancellation conditions i.e. don't accept a contract unless you are sure you can get out of it with no financial penalty if you don't end up going to Leeds.
    So much safer to apply after you have your results and when you know where you're going. There is a surplus of student accommodation in Leeds so you definitely won't be homeless.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    In my opinion based on experience unite is bad, probably one of the worst most unfriendly expensive unreliable accommodation in the uk, I live here nd light isn't even constant. I advice you stay away
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    exactly.. this is no good accommodation, wouldn't suggest people to live .

if it's an student accommodation, at least considering student's financial situation. I live here and parents are having difficulty of paying it, so I told my situation to unite, they won't care but asked you to pay the full rent no matter what.

Never go for Unite accommodation people
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bonnieT)
    exactly.. this is no good accommodation, wouldn't suggest people to live .

if it's an student accommodation, at least considering student's financial situation. I live here and parents are having difficulty of paying it, so I told my situation to unite, they won't care but asked you to pay the full rent no matter what.

Never go for Unite accommodation people
    whilst i have heard bad things about Unite what you have said is typical of all accomodation providers

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: January 14, 2013
New on TSR

Moving on from GCSEs

What advice would you give someone starting A-levels?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.