The Student Room Group

How is everyone feeling about results? TSR poll!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Angry cucumber
I concur.. that paper annihilated my confidence, meaning my next exams suffered :frown:

It was difficult to concentrate in my other exams.
I'm not sure... I don't like to tempt fate really. In some ways I'm quite looking forward to results day, it'll be quite dramatic/suspenseful/exciting as opposed to last year where they didn't mean that much.
my results could be anything as I'm really not sure whether they could be good or bad :s-smilie:
Im a worrier so naturally I expect the worse just hoping I get the grades for Sussex!
I seem to think about it every time I get in the shower, I think it’s because my tears from results day fear are masked by the water streaming down my face :colondollar:

My results could go one of these ways:
A* A* C - :shock: Although, highly unlikely!
A* A C - :woo: Again, highly unlikely!
A A C - :yeah: More likely, would be very happy!
A B C - :unsure: Would resit.
B B C - :cry2: Would definitely resit!
Anything lower - :shot: R.I.P

If I think about the 16th of August too much, I start to feel sick!
(edited 11 years ago)
I'm naturally pessimistic,so I'm not expecting great results.However,I didn't have any truly horrible exams this year,but I could have just thought they were easy and have done badly. tldr-no freaking idea.
Far too superstitious to answer a poll on how I think I will do, no thanks.
Product Design... Good!
Geography... Good!
Biology...................damm.
I really want to know when the 'nightmares before results day' thread is up again, it had me laughing so much last year particularly when people shared their stories of results in big letters, printed on tiny sheets of paper inside in size 1 font and surrounded by adverts! Another great story included having to wash gravy off pasta to be able to see the result on them.

Anyway, could be some unexpected results...
I pretty much know I didn't do well.
Reply 30
Could go either way.

Taking 5 A-levels, and need ABB. One will be a B, one probably a C/B, the other 3 are all hit-and-miss between A and B. Just hoping that I've done well enough in at least one of them to get into Lboro... :s-smilie:

Edit: Why neg this? Seriously?
(edited 11 years ago)
After that OCR F212 Biology paper i don't know if I'll be getting an A or an E in Biology :s-smilie:
Could go either way for me, but I'm still preparing for the worst just in case the worst happens.
It's so difficult to know. There are probably mistakes I didn't pick up on and there's always the examiner's view or interpretation which can change things.

Hopefully I shall be pleasantly surprised like I was in March
Reply 34
Original post by HotfireLegend
I really want to know when the 'nightmares before results day' thread is up again, it had me laughing so much last year particularly when people shared their stories of results in big letters, printed on tiny sheets of paper inside in size 1 font and surrounded by adverts! Another great story included having to wash gravy off pasta to be able to see the result on them.

Anyway, could be some unexpected results...

Do you by any chance have the link to the old thread? Sounds like a good read! :smile:
I know I've got an A/A* in maths and a C in art (I still hate the subject with a passion :lol: ) and I think I am borderline A/B in further maths since I cannot do FP3 if my life depended on it :frown:
I know I haven't done well but like many I'm praying on previously gained UMS to carry me through to the grades I need.

In some ways I am nervous but if anything, no matter what the outcome, I just want to know. Waiting for these results is an absolute killer and I'm sick to death of the period of limbo where I can't get excited for university but I can't plan for other things incase I get in.

There's still over a month too.

Welp, back to wasting away.
Is it time for another press release?
Reply 38
Preparing for a life of burger flipping and menial labour :rolleyes:
i think most of my exams went alright, it's just a few subjects like history and physics where i'm just dying inside!

Quick Reply

Latest