The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TrulyEpicLawls
Has she been looking hot lately? All that matters with WWE.

Well yeah she's ridiculous, but her storyline is annoying as hell. They'd be much better off just making her stand there covered in Jelly.
I heard that a match on this weeks RAW ended with a DQ when a wrestler broke up a pin.

Is this true? If so, that's a screw up on par with the best of WCW. I know the "rules" of a WWE match are about a consistent as the weather this summer, but really - you can't have a pin broken up every match and then magically make it illegal willy nilly (I just watched the episode of The Office where David Brent says "I will not have her tunnel bandied around this office willy nilly" so I felt I had to drop it in somewhere!)

Ridiculous.
Original post by Introvert2020
I heard that a match on this weeks RAW ended with a DQ when a wrestler broke up a pin.

Is this true? If so, that's a screw up on par with the best of WCW. I know the "rules" of a WWE match are about a consistent as the weather this summer, but really - you can't have a pin broken up every match and then magically make it illegal willy nilly (I just watched the episode of The Office where David Brent says "I will not have her tunnel bandied around this office willy nilly" so I felt I had to drop it in somewhere!)

Ridiculous.

A tag match?
A tag match?

Just went back to where I heard it - it was Big Show and Chris Jericho vs. John Cena and Kane, Cena apparently covered Jericho, Show broke up the pin - as happens in most tag matches - and Show got a DQ for it.
Just went back to where I heard it - it was Big Show and Chris Jericho vs. John Cena and Kane, Cena apparently covered Jericho, Show broke up the pin - as happens in most tag matches - and Show got a DQ for it.

Gee what next, a DQ in a no-DQ match?

O WAIT.
Didn't stop Jeff Hardy getting title and main events. WWE got lucky giving him time off when they did - he repaid them (again) by immediately ditching them for TNA, getting busted for intent to supply (and should be in prison), then showing up to a PPV main event title match with their most respected veteran high.

Has she been looking hot lately? All that matters with WWE.

I read it was WWE that pushed him out towards TNA after the 3rd strike, not Jeff's choice..?
Original post by rickjames
I read it was WWE that pushed him out towards TNA after the 3rd strike, not Jeff's choice..?

He never got a third strike. If he did he would've been sacked. Years ago he was sacked for his unprofessionalism, being a no-showing drug addict, and he went to TNA. This was before Eddie died and the Wellness testing. TNA eventually sacked him for being a no-showing drug addict. (though probably just for the no-showing, I don't see TNA actually giving a crap about drugs and roids unfortunately)

For whatever reason, WWE rehired him. He got suspended twice for failing the Wellness thingy, including in the lead up to WrestleMania when he was probably going to win Money in the Bank. Still, despite being one strike away, he got pushed to the moon and WWE played up to his controversial nature by pretending he collapsed in his hotel room ala Eddie (tasteful) and having 'accidents' like getting set alight by pyro (setting the standard for the new era of kayfabe).

Anyways, Jeff was given time off to heal a few serious injuries. WWE were evidently massively into Jeff. Except he IMMEDIATELY showed up on TNA. And the rest is infamy.
Gee what next, a DQ in a no-DQ match?

O WAIT.

???
???

Extreme Rules But Not Really match involving SuperCena and Sabu.
(edited 11 years ago)
A girl on Facebook just uploaded a photo of topless men from that male stripper film, and gushing about Channing Tatum.

Who do I see in the dark at the back?... Big Sexy KEVIN NASH?
Ok peeps my predictions for MITB 2012:

CM Punk v Daniel Bryan;

CM Punk to win. I can't see Bryan winning here and I do see this as the final curtain call for bryan punk and AJ love triangle. I can see AJ low blowing Punk at the end when he celebrates winning in retalliation for rejecting her proposal.

However I think there is another huge reason for Punk winning which I will touch upon later.

Sheamus v Alberto Del Rio; Sheamus win. This feud will go on a bit longer perhaps past Summerslam when Del Rio will eventually get a dirty win only to be screwed over seconds later by the MITB winner.

MITB Ladder Match World Title; Dolph Ziggler to win.

I've been alluding to the fact for some time that the Ziggler and Swagger partnership was going to end and Ziggler would get a huge push for a world title. The commentators have been making references in recent weeks to his brief 11 minute stint as world champion a couple of years back so I'm guess the dude is long overdue a major title push.

could feasibly be Cody Rhodes but I still think he has a score to settle with Christian.

MITB Ladder Match WWE Title; John Cena.

OK at first I thought Kane would win this because of the whole AJ triangle with her being shunned by Punk and rejecting Bryan. Punk would win the match only to be hit by AJ with the belt or some weapon and then Kane would cash in the briefcase win the title and AJ and Kane kiss passionately......

But I've changed my mind and I would bet on Cena to win. WWE.com have been promoting Cena big time recently with a list of Cena "firsts" and Cena "moments" and they're building this as his first MITB match. He will win the briefcase and I believe there is a long run in this which may become clear at the 1000th episode of Raw.......

As we know the 1000th episode is fast approaching and if you watched Raw this week, The Rock is confirmed to be appearing on Raw and will declare his intentions for the WWE title as he stated previously. CM Punk responded to this challenge on Twitter by saying "I'm ready and waiting and for you".

I believe Punk will win the match at MITB. Then on the 1000th episode of Raw the Rock will come out and declare his wish to be champion. Punk will come out and tell him that he's the best in the world and not the Rock. The Rock will then throw a challenge to Punk for the title on Raw thhat very night which Punk will agree to. And I see The Rock beating CM Punk to win the title and cap off what will be a 1000th Raw episode that we will never forget.

As The Rock is celebrating, Cena will come out but rather tha cash in the briefcase there and then, he will challenge Rock to a rematch at Summer Slam for the WWE title which Rock will accept. So as we go off the air on the 1000th Raw Rock will be champion and we look forward to cena v Rock part 2 at Summer Slam.

I don't see any of the cash-ins happening at the MITB and I do think thhe only way unk will be losing the title would be to a credible "face" opponent and I can't think of a better opponent than the Rock and what a fitting occasion for arguably the greatest superstar in the history of pro-wrestling/WWE/Monday Night Raw to once more be crowned the top star in the company by winning the WWE title.
Original post by Gridiron-Gangster
Ok peeps my predictions for MITB 2012:

CM Punk v Daniel Bryan;

CM Punk to win. I can't see Bryan winning here and I do see this as the final curtain call for bryan punk and AJ love triangle. I can see AJ low blowing Punk at the end when he celebrates winning in retalliation for rejecting her proposal.

However I think there is another huge reason for Punk winning which I will touch upon later.

Sheamus v Alberto Del Rio; Sheamus win. This feud will go on a bit longer perhaps past Summerslam when Del Rio will eventually get a dirty win only to be screwed over seconds later by the MITB winner.

MITB Ladder Match World Title; Dolph Ziggler to win.

I've been alluding to the fact for some time that the Ziggler and Swagger partnership was going to end and Ziggler would get a huge push for a world title. The commentators have been making references in recent weeks to his brief 11 minute stint as world champion a couple of years back so I'm guess the dude is long overdue a major title push.

could feasibly be Cody Rhodes but I still think he has a score to settle with Christian.

MITB Ladder Match WWE Title; John Cena.

OK at first I thought Kane would win this because of the whole AJ triangle with her being shunned by Punk and rejecting Bryan. Punk would win the match only to be hit by AJ with the belt or some weapon and then Kane would cash in the briefcase win the title and AJ and Kane kiss passionately......

But I've changed my mind and I would bet on Cena to win. WWE.com have been promoting Cena big time recently with a list of Cena "firsts" and Cena "moments" and they're building this as his first MITB match. He will win the briefcase and I believe there is a long run in this which may become clear at the 1000th episode of Raw.......

As we know the 1000th episode is fast approaching and if you watched Raw this week, The Rock is confirmed to be appearing on Raw and will declare his intentions for the WWE title as he stated previously. CM Punk responded to this challenge on Twitter by saying "I'm ready and waiting and for you".

I believe Punk will win the match at MITB. Then on the 1000th episode of Raw the Rock will come out and declare his wish to be champion. Punk will come out and tell him that he's the best in the world and not the Rock. The Rock will then throw a challenge to Punk for the title on Raw thhat very night which Punk will agree to. And I see The Rock beating CM Punk to win the title and cap off what will be a 1000th Raw episode that we will never forget.

As The Rock is celebrating, Cena will come out but rather tha cash in the briefcase there and then, he will challenge Rock to a rematch at Summer Slam for the WWE title which Rock will accept. So as we go off the air on the 1000th Raw Rock will be champion and we look forward to cena v Rock part 2 at Summer Slam.

I don't see any of the cash-ins happening at the MITB and I do think thhe only way unk will be losing the title would be to a credible "face" opponent and I can't think of a better opponent than the Rock and what a fitting occasion for arguably the greatest superstar in the history of pro-wrestling/WWE/Monday Night Raw to once more be crowned the top star in the company by winning the WWE title.

Although that ending to the 1000th episode and set up to Summerslam would be excellent, can you really see WWE taking away from the hype they're trying to build up for HHH vs Brock?

I think Ziggler may steal Sheamus' title on the night, as I can't really see the ADL angle lasting much longer.

Another interesting thing is the amount of times Lawler and Cole have brought up Punk's title reign in the past few weeks, which seems to me like someone's going to steal his title at MITB.
Original post by DontWantYourBloodMoney
Although that ending to the 1000th episode and set up to Summerslam would be excellent, can you really see WWE taking away from the hype they're trying to build up for HHH vs Brock?

I think Ziggler may steal Sheamus' title on the night, as I can't really see the ADL angle lasting much longer.

Another interesting thing is the amount of times Lawler and Cole have brought up Punk's title reign in the past few weeks, which seems to me like someone's going to steal his title at MITB.

I don't think anything will diminish the hype surrounding HHH v Brock although to be honest if WWE really had concerns about that then The Rock shouldn't be appearing at all. Him just being there will sending viewing figues through the roof.

How WWE script in the cashing the biefcase bits is really unpedictable but I do suspect Cena and Ziggler will win their matches. And given that Vince wants to go "all out" for the 1000th Raw and the Rock making an appearance I honestly would not be at all surprised if the main event involved Rock winning the WWE title.

It's entriely feasible Daniel Bryan could win and then his ego goes sky high only to be shot down by The Rock who will rip into him the best way he knows how and whup his candy ass bad.
Yeah, I can see it on the 1000th episode but not at Summerslam. Vince certainly knows how to pad out his new 3 hour slot with DX and the Brahma Bull!

I hope that it is Punk who wins the title and fights the Rock, because that will hopefully spur on a heel turn which is long overdue from one of the champions, and Punk is exceptional as a heel, compared to just an average face.
I doubt they would turn Punk , he is the 2nd biggest guy in the company with Cena being #1 obviously. If any big star turning heel in the few months it will most likely be Orton when he returns.

Think Brock will attack HBK at Raw 1000.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6415
World Heavyweight Championship MITB Ladder Match: Cody Rhodes
WWE Championship MITB Ladder Match: John Cena
World Heavyweight Championship Match: Sheamus
WWE Championship Match: CM Punk

Although I wouldn't be surprised if the WWE Title match took a backseat to John Cena's ladder match seeing as John Cena seemingly has to main event everything even if he's not the champ.

It was an incredible PPV last year, it won't be anywhere near as good this time around but it is still one of the best PPV's the company have. Can't wait till the RAW 1000th episode, WWE will go all out on that night I think, titles will probably change hands too!
Reply 6416
They need to build up Brock and HHH more, the fact that Paul Heyman is doing all of Lesnar's bidding isn't adding serious heat to the feud. Lesnar will go over HHH, that has to be a given surely? You can't bring back Brock to lose both his matches, that would be asinine by the writers. For Lesnar to get more heat, he should invade the show and take out guys left, right and centre in the build-up to SummerSlam. Literally jump over the barricade and F5 guys like no tomorrow. He has to look dominant and dirty, with the great Paul Heyman on his side the heat could be enormous.

I think they'll go with Brock v Rock II at WrestleMania and Undertaker v Cena for 21-0.
Original post by hass147
World Heavyweight Championship MITB Ladder Match: Cody Rhodes
WWE Championship MITB Ladder Match: John Cena
World Heavyweight Championship Match: Sheamus
WWE Championship Match: CM Punk

Although I wouldn't be surprised if the WWE Title match took a backseat to John Cena's ladder match seeing as John Cena seemingly has to main event everything even if he's not the champ.

It was an incredible PPV last year, it won't be anywhere near as good this time around but it is still one of the best PPV's the company have. Can't wait till the RAW 1000th episode, WWE will go all out on that night I think, titles will probably change hands too!

You think Rhodes will win? I can't see past Ziggler tbf.
Reply 6418
Original post by Scott129
You think Rhodes will win? I can't see past Ziggler tbf.

It's the way he's been brought into the match, had to qualify by complaining to the board of directors for a second qualifying match. Just one of those clues that gives away their plans sometimes.

It would be far too early to give it to Kidd or Sandow I'd imagine. Ziggler of course would be my close second in predictions.
If any of you are interested, I found this website that provides various wrestling statistics and information: http://www.profightdb.com/

Also, I know this should be of interest to you all; there is a show on Channel 4 on Wednesday at 10pm called The Wrestlers: Fighting With My Family about the British wrestling family, the Knights - who run a promotion out of Norwich. I believe that during the show the three Knight kids (Roy, Zak and Britani) get trials with the WWE. Of course, Britani gets signed up and is now at FCW and on NXT under the name Paige. Should be worth a watch though I'm worried it may be another pot-shot at wrestling like the mainstream media are so fond of.

Latest