The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Remember reading Doni has some kind of visa problem at some point, so guessing that's why he's not there
Reply 2761
Never liked Walcott.
Original post by Stevedagrunt
Remember reading Doni has some kind of visa problem at some point, so guessing that's why he's not there

Pretty sure he has an Italian passport so it can't be that.
Original post by ChrisWilliams
Pretty sure he has an Italian passport so it can't be that.

Yea just checked, no idea where he is then. Hopefully it means nothing, good backup GK to have.
Deal for Joe Allen very close to being agreed apparently
Reply 2765
Deal for Joe Allen very close to being agreed apparently

not according to Ben Smith.

He also says we are interested in Walcott, Holtby, and Dempsey still. No signings imminent.
Original post by mr tim
not according to Ben Smith.

He also says we are interested in Walcott, Holtby, and Dempsey still. No signings imminent.

Duncan Jenkins and a few others saying the opposite.
Reply 2767
Macca has said we're close to signing Allen as well I believe
Reply 2768
Anyone heard the rumours about Alonso supposedly coming back once Madrid get Modric :rofl2:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 2769
I thought Rodgers wasn't allowed to sign any Swansea players for 12 months as part of his compensation...? :holmes:
Reply 2770
Modric isn't half the player Alonso is.
Reply 2771
Original post by TM94
I thought Rodgers wasn't allowed to sign any Swansea players for 12 months as part of his compensation...? :holmes:

We can't unsettle but we can match bids or be given permission.

Original post by Mess.
Anyone heard the rumours about Alonso supposedly coming back once Madrid get Modric :rofl2:

One of my favorite players in the world.Would be an amazing transfer but I don't see Madrid letting him go at all.
Original post by TM94

Laudrup said he isnt aware of any agreement

Even if there is an agreement in place, if the Swansea Chairman thinks Allen isn't worth what Liverpool are offering, surely he'll let him go.

IF he signs, it just reminds me of last season with Raul and Aqua the two odd men out. Alot of options in the center...

Is Lucas fit and ready yet????
Original post by TM94

We're not allowed to instigate it, but we're allowed to move in if someone makes a bid for him of if he asks for a transfer.
Reply 2776
Original post by orionmoo
Laudrup said he isnt aware of any agreement

Original post by Mess.
We can't unsettle but we can match bids or be given permission.

Ah right thanks for clearing that up

Allen would be a cracking signing, a real prospect :yy:
Reply 2777
We're not allowed to instigate it, but we're allowed to move in if someone makes a bid for him of if he asks for a transfer.

How much would the fee be do you know? :holmes:
Sad to see Maxi go.
Glad to see Boroni sign.

We should go into the new season with Suarez, Carroll and Boroni as our main strike force with Bellamy as a last resort. We should not be reducing our numbers.
Reply 2779
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18850955

Newcastle with a better offer. We want £17m for him.

Latest