The Student Room Group

how much revision did you do ?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by grace...
allot of people have been talking about 10 hour day and the best i did was about 5 . I have the lowest attention span :s-smilie:

just curious as to how much everyone else did

Hardly any until the last month before and even then I didn't go all out until a week or so before each one, (or even closer to it depending on my exam timetable)

In my defence I wud say my most important revision (memorising knowledge and facts) happened the night or 1 night before.:colondollar:
Revise smart, not hard. :colone:
I would mainly do around 4 to 5 hours, on a good day I'd do 6.
Reply 63
In study leave I probably did 4 hours a day. Otherwise, I wouldn't revise until 2 weeks before the exams and would revise 1 hour a day.
I must've continued to increase my revision from 4 hours to 6 hours per day. It exhausted me but did pay off in the exams. I hope more than anything it pays off or I will be really annoyed with myself for not matching my expectations.
In year 10 i revised a month before my exams for atleast 2hours a day. in year 11 summer, i barely revised, maybe a week before the exama nd for some like ICT none at all...
Reply 66
This may sound cliched but even with revision it's not quantity but quality.. I had days where I would be a true nerd and other days were I thought what walking on walls would be like.. ;D

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 67
On average maybe 5 hrs a day. Ten hours isn't even necessary!
Reply 68
Original post by akipid
On average maybe 5 hrs a day. Ten hours isn't even necessary!

Did you do this every day every week? I really envy you. I wish I could manage 3 hours a day. :/ Any tips? How do you manage to overcome the procrastination, distraction or boredom.
Original post by Above.The.Empyrean
All my revision was done the night before the exam. For every single subject, and I didn't make revision notes. I was somewhat doleful over my procrastination, but that's what happens when you're as foolish as me :rolleyes:

The exact same situation for me; it was literally a flick through the CGP revision guide thingy-ma-bob the night before and that was that :rolleyes:

I'm starting A-levels in September. Bring on the mental breakdown when I realise I have to work and proceed to have panic attacks before each and every exam. Such fun :woo:
Reply 70
Original post by Worms
Did you do this every day every week? I really envy you. I wish I could manage 3 hours a day. :/ Any tips? How do you manage to overcome the procrastination, distraction or boredom.

I wouldn't say i did 5 hrs exactly everday. That was just a rough guess. I'm in year 10 so i've just started getting use to the revision but i sometimes get a bit distracted xD
After a few of my exams i realized i needed to stop stressing or thinking about the result. If i stress, i just CAN'T revise! So i dunno, maybe that's a problem for you too? And i found that making my notes colourful made things more 'fun' so if you like that sort of thing maybe you could try it? Also, take breaks. I kept losing track of time so that i revised too much at a time so then it felt like my brain was frying up D: Don't do that. Go for a walk :smile: And to avoid procastination, think of a motive. Like how it would feel to get great results on results day! Good luck Worms :biggrin:
Reply 71
one hour a day - focused tops
I AM SUCH A ****ING IDION
For my GCSE's, I can honestly say I didn't know what effective revision was. I didn't know HOW to revise.
I tried to do a little bit, but I only really did some for science / maths (past papers) because I didn't understand how to revise for the rest of them.

I learnt properly how to revise in my AS year, by accident actually, because I was so scared of failing that I just wrote and re-wrote notes on every topic (especially biology) and did lots of past papers (particularly for Maths.) Little did I know that that stuff actually works....

So what I'm trying to say is, don't worry. If you don't feel like you did enough, don't worry. You did all that you had the energy to do, even if it was just 30 minutes or something. Even if you feel now like you could have pushed yourself harder, at the time you didn't because you couldn't.

Good luck with your results - I hope you've all done really well :smile:
Reply 73
Original post by akipid
I wouldn't say i did 5 hrs exactly everday. That was just a rough guess. I'm in year 10 so i've just started getting use to the revision but i sometimes get a bit distracted xD
After a few of my exams i realized i needed to stop stressing or thinking about the result. If i stress, i just CAN'T revise! So i dunno, maybe that's a problem for you too? And i found that making my notes colourful made things more 'fun' so if you like that sort of thing maybe you could try it? Also, take breaks. I kept losing track of time so that i revised too much at a time so then it felt like my brain was frying up D: Don't do that. Go for a walk :smile: And to avoid procastination, think of a motive. Like how it would feel to get great results on results day! Good luck Worms :biggrin:

Thank you :smile:
Reply 74
Original post by Worms
Thank you :smile:

You're welcome :smile:
I would say I spent about 5 hours a day revising plus a day of school.
But I did have extra time as I didn't need to revise for maths as I got an A* in March
Whoever says they did 10 hours of revision a day for GCSEs is lying :laugh:
I never really revised, I started revising then like 5minuets in I got bored. Then on the bus to school the morning of the exam, I was like ****tttttt. But I listened in class, I never spoke, so I knew everything near enough anyway.
I started a week before they started. About 2 hours a day but kept being distracted by my phone.:sigh:
Reply 79
30mins the day of my maths exam and nothing else, motivation was lacking

Quick Reply