The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tortious
Those are the best kinds of days though. :yes: It's nice to have a break once in a while.

That is true :five:
Original post by ViceVersa
That is true :five:

I've only just noticed the female dominance of this thread of late.

Spoiler

(The main gay(ish) bar in Cambridge is a bit... :s-smilie: ... and the DJ seems to start the night with that every time...without fail...)
Reply 5222
I've only just noticed the female dominance of this thread of late.

Only because all the boys are having sexy times elsewhere. Definitely. :ninja:
Original post by dbmag9

:sad:

FOREVER ALONE.
:s-smilie:

If he says anything, at least you've got the order confirmation to show when you bought it. :p: Alternatively, it's a bit late now, but you could print a photo of the thing and put it in his card. I've done that in the past when a book hadn't arrived. :yes:

I told him this morning I hopedhis present would have arrived by the time he got home tonight...and he knows what he's getting anyway because it's exactly what he's asked for. :tongue: It's only really a problem because my parents haven't been on speaking terms for oh, the last 12 years, so my mum hasn't got him anything, and my brother is predictably useless at remembering/bothering to buy gifts - so it's normally only me that actually gives my dad anything on his birthday. So the fact I have no gift to give this year is...uncomfortable. :embarrassed:
Reply 5225
Original post by dbmag9
:hugs:

Original post by ViceVersa

It's been good but not overly productive, went out to get a few things and then got some food. Ate and watched TV. Danced and listened to tons of music :h:

Those are the best kinds of days though. :yes: It's nice to have a break once in a while.

(You "waved" again. :p:)

Your avatar's been bugging me for ages and I've just realised what it is - yarn bombing! :biggrin:

:console:

Thanks guys :smile: I am just sick of my boyfriend letting me down time and time and time again. I have a free house all week. I'm off work today. He's off work today. So naturally, I'd expect him to pop round for, you know, sexy times. But he decided to babysit one of his friends' kids instead. I really don't want to sound selfish here, but all I want is a bit of affection. He lives half a mile away, yet the only times we get sexy times, I have to arrange it himself, and usually I have to get him drunk too. I mean, we've been together ten months now, and how many times have we been able to have a period of intimacy? Twice. He just feels like a friend, not my partner. He's been ,y friend for years, and I don't feel like anything has changed. I'm seriously considering just returning to being friends again.

He has also informed me that he is going to court for doing something rather naughty. I'm not detailing it in public, but I will detail everything in the Room of Requirement later.
Original post by dbmag9
Not all of them.
(You "waved" again. :p:)

Your avatar's been bugging me for ages and I've just realised what it is - yarn bombing! :biggrin:

I actually didn't even know it was called that =O Once again, thanks for the crash course :P

And stop trying to puppet string me into waving! hahaha

Original post by Terpsikhore
I told him this morning I hoped his present would have arrived by the time he got home tonight...and he knows what he's getting anyway because it's exactly what he's asked for. :tongue: It's only really a problem because my parents haven't been on speaking terms for oh, the last 12 years, so my mum hasn't got him anything, and my brother is predictably useless at remembering/bothering to buy gifts - so it's normally only me that actually gives my dad anything on his birthday. So the fact I have no gift to give this year is...uncomfortable. :embarrassed:

A pox on the crappy mail service!

I'm sorry about that :console: Can't you perhaps cook something just for him? I've given people that as a side-gift :smile:

Btw..I added a space between "hoped" and "his" on your quote..I just couldn't do anything else :afraid: *cough*freeeak*cough*
Reply 5227

FOREVER ALONE.

Don't worry, we're not actually. Except Jack, his profile pic's probably got him under a pile of men by now. :p:
Original post by Crisps
Thanks guys :smile: I am just sick of my boyfriend letting me down time and time and time again. I have a free house all week. I'm off work today. He's off work today. So naturally, I'd expect him to pop round for, you know, sexy times. But he decided to babysit one of his friends' kids instead. I really don't want to sound selfish here, but all I want is a bit of affection. He lives half a mile away, yet the only times we get sexy times, I have to arrange it himself, and usually I have to get him drunk too. I mean, we've been together ten months now, and how many times have we been able to have a period of intimacy? Twice. He just feels like a friend, not my partner. He's been ,y friend for years, and I don't feel like anything has changed. I'm seriously considering just returning to being friends again.

He has also informed me that he is going to court for doing something rather naughty. I'm not detailing it in public, but I will detail everything in the Room of Requirement later.
Not all of them.

Men do suck. But women aren't so much better sometimes :s-smilie: Sorry about his brush-off..And I don't know you enough to probably be entitled to give you an opinion (and it's not like my love-life is anything to add the "inform" to any informed opinion haha)...but he looks like he needs to be reminded that you're in a relationship that asks for intimacy and not just a night in the pub to be taken for granted. But yeah, I should tell you it's not always advisable to listen to what people tell you in a forum :tongue: Hope things do get better, though..:^_^:
Reply 5229
Original post by FrozenCharlotte
Men do suck. But women aren't so much better sometimes :s-smilie: Sorry about his brush-off..And I don't know you enough to probably be entitled to give you an opinion (and it's not like my love-life is anything to add the "inform" to any informed opinion haha)...but he looks like he needs to be reminded that you're in a relationship that asks for intimacy and not just a night in the pub to be taken for granted. But yeah, I should tell you it's not always advisable to listen to what people tell you in a forum :tongue: Hope things do get better, though..:^_^:

I take everyone's input with equal importance :smile:. But yeah, I mean, we go out for meals, we go to the pub, but we don't do anything intimate. Yes, we're not out, and need to keep it secret from our peers, but we have had plenty of opportunities for intimacy, and while I'm always willing to take every opportunity we get, he always comes up with some sort of excuse. I just feel like I'm being strung along :frown:
(edited 11 years ago)
*Watches tumbleweed go past*

When does the Room of Requirement open tonight?
What uni are you thinking of applying to? :smile:

I haven't really decided yet... my dream is to get into Cambridge, I really love the structure of the new HSPS course, but the other unis I didn't mind after a quick look at their sites were Aberdeen, Brunel, Durham, Exeter, Goldsmiths, London Metropolitan (I'm puzzled about this one, though), Oxford Brookes, Sussex and UCL. But I really need to look more into it (:
Original post by Ican'teven
I haven't really decided yet... my dream is to get into Cambridge, I really love the structure of the new HSPS course, but the other unis I didn't mind after a quick look at their sites were Aberdeen, Brunel, Durham, Exeter, Goldsmiths, London Metropolitan (I'm puzzled about this one, though), Oxford Brookes, Sussex and UCL. But I really need to look more into it (:

:awesome:

Have you been to any of the open days? :smile:

Nope, unfortunately not. I guess I'll visit when (IF) I get called for an interview.

Psh, don't mind the lawyer and her Cambridge hoodoo :eviltongue: I am not that familiar with the undergrad courses..but Lancaster has top people working in linguistic ethnography :biggrin: Also, I think Manchester has a BA in Linguistics and Social Anthropology worth looking at.

*Watches tumbleweed go past*

When does the Room of Requirement open tonight?

#Noob alert# But do I wanna know what that is? :rolleyes:

How's the interview preparation coming up?
Reply 5235
My poor bank balance. :frown: Train tickets to Edinburgh and back, and a few Fringe tickets last night, withdrew a load of money in Euros earlier today, and just bought flights to Israel that would have been about half the price if I'd not been lazy and bought them a month ago. And I still have to renew my railcard.
Psh, don't mind the lawyer and her Cambridge hoodoo :eviltongue: I am not that familiar with the undergrad courses..but Lancaster has top people working in linguistic ethnography :biggrin: Also, I think Manchester has a BA in Linguistics and Social Anthropology worth looking at.

You wouldn't be saying that if you'd eaten in our Hall. I can be a Harry Potter extra every night if I want to. :hand:

#Noob alert# But do I wanna know what that is? :rolleyes:

How's the interview preparation coming up?

Probably not, if you're struggling to cope with the level of innuendo in here. :mmm:

It's not too bad - the questions they asked on my application form were quite vague, so they don't know much about me. Since the interview only lasts 30 minutes, I'm hoping they won't have much time for the tough questions. :wink:
Original post by dbmag9
My poor bank balance. :frown: Train tickets to Edinburgh and back, and a few Fringe tickets last night, withdrew a load of money in Euros earlier today, and just bought flights to Israel that would have been about half the price if I'd not been lazy and bought them a month ago. And I still have to renew my railcard.

You can get a 3 year one online which works out a bit cheaper than 3 x 1 year (£65 vs £84). Alternatively, I had a leaflet recently because I needed to renew mine - if you just want a one year, there's a discount code. I think it's something like RENEW10. :smile:

FOREVER ALONE.

WE'LL BE FOREVER ALONE TOGETHER!

:emo:

Spoiler

You wouldn't be saying that if you'd eaten in our Hall. I can be a Harry Potter extra every night if I want to. :hand:

Hahahaha living vicariously...nice. And boasting that you can be an "extra"...well, I thought you had more ambition than that.

Probably not, if you're struggling to cope with the level of innuendo in here. :mmm:

But I am intrigued now...Pray, do tell, lass!

It's not too bad - the questions they asked on my application form were quite vague, so they don't know much about me. Since the interview only lasts 30 minutes, I'm hoping they won't have much time for the tough questions. :wink:

They wanna see how you deal with uncertainty :wink:

Latest