The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

I applied for College Hall as my first choice. Then GDSA, SSA, Wolfson and Connaught.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
I went to see hampstead. Its a lovely area but its so far out :s-smilie:
Original post by maxcartwright

Hey Max, any idea about how Brian Creamer is? It's my first choice :biggrin:
Reply 883

It is a bit far out, takes about 30 mins on the Tube to strand :smile:
Original post by justj0sh
anyone applied for moonraker?

edit: would like to know if you have any info on the place since the kcl page is empty.. doesnt even tell me if it has a fridge in the room

I have :smile: i mean sure it's expensive.. but the room you get is one youhave to make your home for the whole first term.. it better be a good'en!
hello!

what do you guys think is the chance of being allocated to 3rd choice accommodation? I put brian creamer and wolfson as 1st and second, then GDSA as third.

thanks
Reply 886
Hello...

Don't know whether I'm ignoring information that is freely available but does anyone know when we can expect replies to accommodation applications? Or will it just be around results time?

Thanks!
Reply 887
hello!

what do you guys think is the chance of being allocated to 3rd choice accommodation? I put brian creamer and wolfson as 1st and second, then GDSA as third.

thanks

It's a random ballot; unless somebody has anecdotal experiences to share, your guess as to your chances is as good as anyones.

Original post by ellie_20
Hello...

Don't know whether I'm ignoring information that is freely available but does anyone know when we can expect replies to accommodation applications? Or will it just be around results time?

Thanks!

I've written in my calendar that deposits are due on accommodation on 16/08, so I'm guessing it's around then. I think that's results day too?
Reply 888
hey everyone ! i just got my accommodation offer, stamford street it is wiii ! didnt expect it at all since it is apparently quite popular amongst most postgrads...anyways im happy!anyone else who's located at SSA ? :smile:
Reply 889
Original post by ruixue
hey everyone ! i just got my accommodation offer, stamford street it is wiii ! didnt expect it at all since it is apparently quite popular amongst most postgrads...anyways im happy!anyone else who's located at SSA ? :smile:

I got my offer for SSA today as well :smile: Not excited about the price, but the location is great and I know I'll like having my own bathroom. I'm excited!
Reply 890
Found out where I'm living as well! Great Dover! Anyone else?
Original post by AmandaLu
I got my offer for SSA today as well :smile: Not excited about the price, but the location is great and I know I'll like having my own bathroom. I'm excited!

Original post by ashjune
Found out where I'm living as well! Great Dover! Anyone else?

are you guys postgrad?
Reply 892
Yep I'm postgrad.
Reply 893

I know i dont like te price either and its really small but im sooo happy to have my own bathroom and sports facilities in the building! Where r u from and what r u gnna study?

Oh btw i created a thread for ssa 2012/2013, hoping to meet some others there!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 894
Hi guys, really lazy and retarded questions incoming. I made my application, but I found nothing to tick to choose whether I want a single or double room, is it going to be random? Or will I be able to choose later? And one more thing, when and how do you pay for everything? Do you need a bank account to do that? Sorry, I'm just really really lazy.
Reply 895
Original post by ruixue
I know i dont like te price either and its really small but im sooo happy to have my own bathroom and sports facilities in the building! Where r u from and what r u gnna study?

Oh btw i created a thread for ssa 2012/2013, hoping to meet some others there!

I'm from California and I'm going to be getting my MA in Modern History. You?

I'll head over there now! :smile:
Reply 896
I'm from California and I'm going to be getting my MA in Modern History. You?

I'll head over there now! :smile:

Im from the netherlands and ill be doing msc china & globalisation! Cant wait to move to london :smile: 'only' 8 weeks left :tongue:
The first round of the accommodation allocation for graduate applicants is finished. The second round will be started on late of this month. Do you guys know what is the end time of all accommodation allocation will be finished for graduated applicants? Who else concern homeless and try to seeking some shared house now? I m worrying it will be late when we are noticed we havent got any accommodation offer. Are we?
Reply 898
Original post by arthurchan
The first round of the accommodation allocation for graduate applicants is finished. The second round will be started on late of this month. Do you guys know what is the end time of all accommodation allocation will be finished for graduated applicants? Who else concern homeless and try to seeking some shared house now? I m worrying it will be late when we are noticed we havent got any accommodation offer. Are we?

same situation here.. Anyway, I'm a EU citizen (denmark) so I should be prioritized in the next round as well! Anyway, I think the last round is late September which is mainly for UK students in/around the M20(?)... Anyway, I've checked various opportunities for private renting and it seems possible. I just really don't wanna go on flat hunting during enrolment etc. Hopefully, especially since Hampstead is my first choice, I get a place..
Reply 899
If I apply for a place through adjustment is there any chance that I could receive a place in the halls of residence?

Latest