Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Annoying Student Room's iPhone/iPad App quote

Announcements Posted on
Become part of the Welcome Squad! Apply here! 28-10-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Is it just me or are there any other people who are sick of seeing
    “This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App at the bottom of a post.”
    I find it so annoying and pretentious, why do we need to know that it is posted from a iPhone/iPad App ,What use is this information?
    I am sick of the hype of these products!

Rant over:mad:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I found it quite useful, didnt know TSR had an app until i saw the quote placed in, not sure how it's pretentious though, the app is on many different phones (from the quotes i've seen), and who gives a damn what phone people have got?, sure it's not that good to look at, but I imagine it's handyto have on iPhones, due to the sheer stupidness of autocorrect sometimes, might help the grammar nazi's stay at bay for a while :P
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it's so annoying! Those stupid pretentious people waving their apple products in our faces.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's marketing for the app. 'Oh someone posted from the app, that means it must exist! I better go download it.'

Can't blame 'em - if you've made something why would you not advertise it in such a way?

The thing I dislike most about it is that it is the same as regular text and thus looks like part of their post. It should either be grey, or smaller text, or both.

If it annoys you you should write this in the suggestions section, not in technology...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    There should be a option to turn it off.. at least by then you know those who turned it acknowledged that you can use tsr on iphone
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    You can turn off this setting by going into "Advanced Options" when posting a reply / comment.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    How is it pretentious? To me it's just TSR's way of letting us know that the app exists, so that we can download it if we want it.
    Although personally I find it easier just to go on TSR using Safari than using the app. I still want to be able to see who quoted me, rep other people etc.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kog)
    I found it quite useful, didnt know TSR had an app until i saw the quote placed in, not sure how it's pretentious though, the app is on many different phones (from the quotes i've seen), and who gives a damn what phone people have got?, sure it's not that good to look at, but I imagine it's handyto have on iPhones, due to the sheer stupidness of autocorrect sometimes, might help the grammar nazi's stay at bay for a while :P
    You miss the point why does it has to keep quoteing that the post is from a stupid iphone/ipad.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tazarooni89)
    How is it pretentious? To me it's just TSR's way of letting us know that the app exists, so that we can download it if we want it.
    Although personally I find it easier just to go on TSR using Safari than using the app. I still want to be able to see who quoted me, rep other people etc.
    Yes, I get the point they got an app, but can they please stop now!
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I would dearly like to be able to hide it, yes
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IgaveUPdrink)
    You miss the point why does it has to keep quoteing that the post is from a stupid iphone/ipad.
    Coming from a guy that can't construct a simple sentence and can't spell. I'd say the iPhone/iPad is undeniably smarter than you are.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Venom123)
    Coming from a guy that can't construct a simple sentence and can't spell. I'd say the iPhone/iPad is undeniably smarter than you are.
    I am sure I go to be a better ranked uni than you Top 10
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's to increase awareness of the app. ...obv'. Better get used to it op.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Lol oh dear oh dear
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just :sigh:
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForensicShoe)
    Just :sigh:
    Words can't describe how I feel right now

[sarcasm] top 10, LOL I go to top 5 [/sarcasm]
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I hate all those rich kids with parents who buy them the latest technology all the time!

This was posted from The Student Room's carrier pidgeon service.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    You can hide it, that's what I've done. It annoys me too, don't really want it at the bottom of my posts. It does it on e-mails too which is even more annoying.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    :clap2::clap2:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 25, 2012
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Join the TSR Halloween party...if you dare!

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.