The Student Room Group

The Official Father Ted Thread

Here it is. A thread about the greatest show ever. Chat about characters and events.

Who remembers 'The Plague', all the rabbits, and 'Flipper the Priest'!!

Founder: Jonah Ramone

Co Leader: discombobulation

Member List:
Anna C
biscuitking
brionyj
cazregan
Cheer up
claire x
deej
Dr.Mager
EAM Enterprises
edhynd
ellen 26
Ibbsy
jack:dies:in:hot:cars
JM2
JonD
Krechie
Kwekubo
LePinkPanther
littlelaura-
lukeyboy
markdr
mateyface
MaxBlue
Mia89
ollieness
prufrock
seaweasel
Stephen The Mad Irishman

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Aaaaahh, I love Father Ted. And I love you for making this thread.

Pat Mustard the randy milkman is a beautiful person. And Flipper the Priest! Immense

Favourite episode?
Reply 2
what only one post? lol its soo great:biggrin: my favourite ep was the i am not a racist ep:biggrin: soooo funny:biggrin: but kicking bishop brenin up the arse is a close second:smile:
Reply 3
No!! Has to be cigarettes alcohol and rollerblading. That is hilarious. And A Christmassy ted with the boring voice.

And the one with the raffle...and the geezer with the monotonous voice sitting at the end on the sofa alone, looks at the jesus shawl and says, "ah, 'tis yourself". Ha!! Superb.

Or the whistle theft, or a song for europe, or the one with the holy stone of clonrichert, or the one with Buzz Cagney and the sad preist Kevin when they play snakes and ladders, or the one with the cuban priest and the cluedo...

Hahaha...Overload...too funny...:biggrin:
Reply 4
I love the football episode, the one on the plane or Kicking bishop brennan up the arse.

RIP Father Ted..............such an immense programme.
Reply 5
The one with Gramhan Northan irish dancing in the caravan....is good. but my fave is the one where Three priests come to visit the stone of clonricket and one ends up dead, the other quits priesthood and goes off with hippies and the third has the stone shoved up his A##e as Fr Jack wud say. and that wud be a exumantical (spelling) matter!
Ah its close between Kicking Bishop Brennan Up The Arse, and the Speed-esque one with the rigged milkfloat lol. That is just an amazing episode. I've got the first series, and am in the process of getting the others: need to remind myself the of the comedy genius that is Father Ted.
Reply 7
I have the whole lot on one box set. Fantastic.

Best character, the sarcastic Father Jessup.

Mrs Doyle: Would you like a cup of tea Bishop?
Father Jessup: No, we'd rather die of t'irst (thrist)
Mrs Doyle: Are you sure you wouldn't like a cup?
Father Jessup: No, we'd rather die of thirst...
Mrs Doyle: (nodding and turning) Ok so...
Reply 8
Also, has anyone noticed how Mrs.Doyle's mole is in a different position each episode?
Reply 9
The first episode was always going to be the start of something big. What with Dougle coming in with shave foam on his face then "how did that get there? I didn't even shave this morning", and the dreams/reality chart....hilarious.
Mrs Doyle is the best ever.
Especially when she keeps falling off the roof!

Did you prefer him in my hero or father ted? i really think he was better in father ted...
Definately Father Ted. His my Hero charcater was, IMO, based on Dougle himself. Although th;at Blessed thing he is in is absolute tosh.
Reply 12
OMFG second best comedy ever!!! Its amazing

Mrs Doyle: "Will You have a cake father,Its got cocaine in it"
Ted::eek:
Mrs Doyle:"Oh Sorry i meant...raisins:smile: "

How about getting a father ted society going in the memory of Dermot Morgan?
Sounds good. How do I do that?

And also, Second best????? :eek:
Reply 14
Lol yeah simpsons just beats it for me

If you would like to start a society maybe it would be a good idea to ask a society founder how to do it
I made one before. Like, a year ago. I'll ask.
Ok. Lets just turn it into a society herer and whoever wants to join can. Then when it is successful, it'll be a real society.
Reply 17
ACE!!

Count me in then :biggrin:
That makes two. :biggrin:
Have you created one in the Socs section? Where people can just click to join up?

Quick Reply