The Student Room Group

Why are guys not attracted to girls in headscarves?

Speaking as a girl who wears a headscarf, I often have guys add me on Facebook (where in my pic, I don't have it on), but then we talk a bit and they look through my pics, then they delete me. I've never been asked out or anything, and I'm 17. So I want to put this question to the guys on here - opinions???

Scroll to see replies

Religious implications that we do not like. It gives the impression you'll be frigid, not attempt to make yourself look good for them, not have sex before marriage, have weird religious opinions, only date within your race/religion. It's just our current culture which is unfairly biased away from religion in most cases, it's probably not true, it's just a false preconception which unfortunately is present in a lot of people in our society. I personally wouldn't approach a girl wearing a headscarf, because of the above reasons, but I would go on the date if they initiated.
Reply 2
How do you know they're deleting you because you wear a headscarf?
Some head scarfs are phenominally sexy. Particularly if the girl has some kind of make up around her eyes or something.
Reply 4
Original post by Classical Liberal
Some head scarfs are phenominally sexy. Particularly if the girl has some kind of make up around her eyes or something.

I always rep you so I can't do it again, but I agree.

With the media forcing islamophobia down our throats, you can't expect many guys to be open to you being a muslim (bit of an assumption, but that's what I associate with headscarves, sorry if it's off the mark). Don't worry about the guys who don't want to speak to you, they obviously can't see past your religion, if that is in fact the reason they are deleting you, which it might not be.
For me sometimes its because im not able to see their whole head, what of somethings hiding under it like a 3rd eye lol. Idk some girls look better with it some without its just personal opinion/preference

Sent from my GT-I9100
Reply 6
It isn't the headscarf that is unattractive, but for non-muslim men in Britain this implies cultural beliefs that many may believe cannot not be reconciled with their own. I have seen many hot girls in headscarves, but thinking about it, I wouldn't even consider approaching one because I would assume they are religeous and conservative in a way that I'm not, which is a bit sad really. However, for muslim men, I can't see this being a problem unless it hides you good features or something.
Reply 7

Thank you, that is actually really sweet of you ><
But would you approach her? And would you date a girl who wore one?
Reply 8
Well, thank you to everyone that has replied so far! I guess I needed to hear reasons from the sort of people I was actually wondering about, so your replies have been very helpful :smile:
And thinking about it now myself, what you guys have said makes sense - people would assume that a girl in a headscarf is religious and not open to dating etc etc But the fact that most guys wouldn't even ask a headscarf-wearing girl out make me a bit sad :frown:
Reply 9
Awh, thanks guys for all the replies and your thoughts so far :smile:
I guess I needed to hear the reasons actually from the types of guys I was wondering about. And thinking about it, I guess I understand your points about you thinking she would be really religious and conservative etc etc. But would you guys just not approach a girl in a headscarf to ask her out at all?? It makes me sad that guys would just presume that she wouldn't date just cos she's wearing a headscarf and then don't even have the courage to ask - I'm sure that she would be very pleased if she did get asked out, and noone would have anything to lose either!!
Reply 10
Are you talking about guys whom are muslims or non-muslim guys? If they're non-muslim, it should be obvious (if you're actually muslim, you shouldn't date them anyway?). If they are, I don't know, has to be about general attraction, regardless of your headscarf.
Original post by Anonymous
Awh, thanks guys for all the replies and your thoughts so far :smile:
I guess I needed to hear the reasons actually from the types of guys I was wondering about. And thinking about it, I guess I understand your points about you thinking she would be really religious and conservative etc etc. But would you guys just not approach a girl in a headscarf to ask her out at all?? It makes me sad that guys would just presume that she wouldn't date just cos she's wearing a headscarf and then don't even have the courage to ask - I'm sure that she would be very pleased if she did get asked out, and noone would have anything to lose either!!

Another thing is, we are used to girls doing up their hair. A headscarf will hide it, right? So this is another reason guys might not like headscarves-hair can be a turn on!
Reply 12
Another thing is, we are used to girls doing up their hair. A headscarf will hide it, right? So this is another reason guys might not like headscarves-hair can be a turn on!

OK, I had never thought of it like that either :P although yeah, I guess it is a valid point.
Thank you, that is actually really sweet of you ><
But would you approach her? And would you date a girl who wore one?

Let me answer your last question first. Yes. Assuming she met the conditions that any other girl would have to meet.

For your first question. I am not so confident. To be honest I would be worried about religous things from the offset. On the other hand I might just say "**** it" and try to get to know you.

If there was a way you could wear a headscarf that signalled that you were liberal, that would be super helpful.
Reply 14
Let me answer your last question first. Yes. Assuming she met the conditions that any other girl would have to meet.

For your first question. I am not so confident. To be honest I would be worried about religous things from the offset. On the other hand I might just say "**** it" and try to get to know you.

If there was a way you could wear a headscarf that signalled that you were liberal, that would be super helpful.

Ah, well what would you suggest to signal that a girl were 'liberal', as you put it?? A flower on the headscarf instead of the normal pin? If she was to smile at you if she saw you somewhere?? :wink:
Reply 15
Erm if you wear a headscarf then that means you are religious to some extent so why do you want to get asked out by guys or do you just want the attention? :s-smilie:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
This is a pointless thread. The point whole of a head scarf is to hide the true beauty; religous, respectful etc. So why the hell are you thinking or annoyed at being slammed down? Follow the bloody religion. You shouldnt be dating!

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Reply 17
Why do you not wear a headscarf in your Facebook pics? Does that not defeat the purpose?

As per your question - I like girls in headscarfs. Some are really pretty.
Reply 18
Hair is one of the first things I look at on a women.

If we forget about the religious implications, I wouldn't approach because you could be bald, have a tiny Siamese twin or be bald with a load of nipples covering your head. :s-smilie:
Reply 19
Original post by Tedaus
I always rep you so I can't do it again, but I agree.

With the media forcing islamophobia down our throats, you can't expect many guys to be open to you being a muslim (bit of an assumption, but that's what I associate with headscarves, sorry if it's off the mark). Don't worry about the guys who don't want to speak to you, they obviously can't see past your religion, if that is in fact the reason they are deleting you, which it might not be.

Oh well, I don't like going out with overly religious people, girls with headscarfs are more likely to be religious than girls without, it's impractical for me to go out with a muslim girl or even a christian girl(who I would get along with more as I was raised as a christian)

To say I can't see past the religion in terms of a dating sense is true, but I'd still talk to her, had quite a few muslim friends in school, not many now since I'm in uni where there's not many muslims though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending