The Student Room Group

Anyone Else?

Ok so I'm mature at 29, ancient more like :biggrin::biggrin:
Decided to go to uni through clearing and every department I email reply saying they are still considering applicants ask you to fill in enquiry form and they will get back to you. But when do they get back to you? The first one I filled in was about 3 weeks ago, do they actually get back to you or just wait until August? Maybe I should have just phoned in the first place. Anyone out there as frustrated as me :rolleyes:
Reply 1
Have you already submitted an application through UCAS? If not, then this is what you need to do, if you want to use clearing effectively to contact more than one institution.

Many lecturers and admin staff go on holiday at this time of year and return in time for the release of A level results, so responses slow down. Try calling the admission tutor directly, if you need answers. If they are not there, try the main switchboard and ask to be put through the department administrator. Usually one person is in the office and may be able to answer general quesitions. For the popular courses, they may not know if there will be any clearing places until the A level results come out.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Clarelouise57
Ok so I'm mature at 29, ancient more like :biggrin::biggrin:
Decided to go to uni through clearing and every department I email reply saying they are still considering applicants ask you to fill in enquiry form and they will get back to you. But when do they get back to you? The first one I filled in was about 3 weeks ago, do they actually get back to you or just wait until August? Maybe I should have just phoned in the first place. Anyone out there as frustrated as me :rolleyes:

I agree you are ancient lol :P
It can vary, normally they get back to you in August time. The latest will be 16th August :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by bahjat93
I agree you are ancient lol :P
It can vary, normally they get back to you in August time. The latest will be 16th August :smile:

Cheek of youngsters today lol 93' I was starting high school that year lol
Reply 4
Original post by Clarelouise57
Cheek of youngsters today lol 93' I was starting high school that year lol

i was born that year :biggrin:. Were practically related :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending