The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Brookes Halls

So just firmed my Oxford Brookes offer, (scary times). I was just looking at the halls, I wanted to know people's opinions on which halls are best to live in , especially socially etc. Thanks :smile:
Cheney Student Village!
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Last year I had friends in Cheney, Clive Booth and Paul Kent.

All seemed to have a fab year :smile:
Original post by shnibbles
So just firmed my Oxford Brookes offer, (scary times). I was just looking at the halls, I wanted to know people's opinions on which halls are best to live in , especially socially etc. Thanks :smile:

From what I have heard clive booth I was in warneford and have been there. They have elevators and key cards and theres a bar on site where they hold karoke and quiz nights.
Dont pick your halls on how sociable you think they will be as ALL halls are sociable its about who you are with, one halls could be really social one year and not the next, its very flat dependent. Also Clive Booth is a large percentage people that have taken a gap year as they get put in the first draw for accomodation.
I lived in Clive Booth so can only talk on behalf of that. I can not describe how much of an amazing time i have had! How social it is depends on the type of people who live there every year but to be honest, from what I have heard, past and present, Clive Booth seems to be on top of the list. But as I have said, I can only speak from experience and from what I have been told :smile:
Reply 6
Does anyone know if Slade Park is any good ?
Original post by shnibbles
Does anyone know if Slade Park is any good ?

I live in Slade Park :smile:, its a very nice place to live, biggest rooms out of all the halls, free bus pass now, nearly a double bed, the rooms are stylish and high quality same as the kitchen....i would say its sociable but not ultra party mad as there are 2nd+3rd years living here as well.
Original post by killercow292
I live in Slade Park :smile:, its a very nice place to live, biggest rooms out of all the halls, free bus pass now, nearly a double bed, the rooms are stylish and high quality same as the kitchen....i would say its sociable but not ultra party mad as there are 2nd+3rd years living here as well.

Yea Slade Park is really designed for 2nd years and above (im going to slade for 3rd year in a row as a 4th year in sept)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending