The Student Room Group
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University

What date are you moving down?

Just thought this would help others like me decide which day to move in and stuff.

Personally I think I'm going to move in on the friday :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I can't make it on the Friday so will have to be the Saturday. :frown:
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University
Reply 2
Aw man :frown: i really hope I'm not stuck in an empty hall on friday haha especially because I'll then need to walk the seafront on my own in search of friends xD
Lol, you go to Aberystwyth.
Reply 4
I will be in september.
Reply 5
Don't worry. Lots of people want to get there as soon as possible, many go for sports week, which is even earlyer. I miself am going on 21st too. Brought my plane ticket already!
Reply 6
Plane ticket? Wow how far are you coming from?
Original post by Elevant
Don't worry. Lots of people want to get there as soon as possible, many go for sports week, which is even earlyer. I miself am going on 21st too. Brought my plane ticket already!

I haven't bought my plane ticket yet. I will when I receive my visa. I'm flying in to Heathrow a few days early to explore London. Then I'll be taking a train to Aber on Thursday night or Friday morning. Haven't figured out any details yet.
Reply 8
Oo exciting adventure for you then :smile:
Original post by ROFL-WAFFLES
Oo exciting adventure for you then :smile:

Yes it will be!
I also forgot to mention, I'm from California. :smile:
I'm also going on the 21st. Have my plane ticket done, but I haven't yet decided how I'm going to get to Aber from Heathrow.
Reply 11
oo California :P do you know which accommodation you have yet?
oo California :P do you know which accommodation you have yet?

I do. I got PJM. Which is forever away from the School of Art. But I'm honestly just going to be stoked to be there.
Reply 13
Ah that is a bit far :frown: but PJM! I secretly wanted PJM but I got Alexandra halls :P no idea what it's like
I'm totally cool with it. It'll force me to get exercise each day!
PJM seems great. I also got a bunk room, which is what I wanted. (To keep the cost down.)
I've had 5 roommates (3 bunks) in one room before, so I think I can handle one roommate.
I hope to go up on the 21st, in rosser... i've heard a lot of people end up moving in over the weekend though?
Reply 16
The general response I've seen from both facebook and this thread is most people are going on the Friday :biggrin: and everyone coming on the Saturday and later are to be welcomed by us early arrivers.
September needs to get here fast! I can't believe July has gone by this fast.
Reply 18
Plane ticket? Wow how far are you coming from?

I am coming all the way from Estonia, which is very close compared to California! It's so cool that Aber is so international.
Whats the start of term date including the welcome week thing? The 24th? :smile:?

Quick Reply

Latest