Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

social protocol

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    basically i lost my camera whilst on a gap year trip abroad with a group of other gap year students. One person on the trip has copies of all my photos as they had a laptop with them so everyone's photos were put on it. Since the end of the trip i have had a lot of difficulty trying to get copies of my photos from him. I originally asked if he could transfer the photos to me via dropbox or another similar site. He said dropbox didnt work on his computer but when i suggested some other similar websites i got no response. He returned to the UK a week and a half ago, so two days ago i emailed him asking if he could put my photos on a usb stick (i would post it to him n pay for postage back) but he has not replied. Some of my photos are on facebook (maybe 200 or 300 out of 5000+) but there are so many more i dont have access to. If he doesnt give me copies then i have effectively lost all my photos and a lot of memories of a once in a lifetime trip. I am wondering what people's views on the situation are, should i just accept that iv lost the photos or shall i persist in trying to get copies from this guy? obviously its not his problem i lost my camera etc but i assumed it would be acceptable to ask him for photos and giving me copies would be the decent thing to do. if it was a normal holiday, night out or whatever, i wouldnt be that bothered but it was a 3 month trip n a once in a life time experience.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Give it another week or so. He might simply have a lot on his plate at the moment. In a week, give him another polite prod. If, a week after that, he still hasn't responded, then panic - but not yet.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liv89)
    basically i lost my camera whilst on a gap year trip abroad with a group of other gap year students. One person on the trip has copies of all my photos as they had a laptop with them so everyone's photos were put on it. Since the end of the trip i have had a lot of difficulty trying to get copies of my photos from him. I originally asked if he could transfer the photos to me via dropbox or another similar site. He said dropbox didnt work on his computer but when i suggested some other similar websites i got no response. He returned to the UK a week and a half ago, so two days ago i emailed him asking if he could put my photos on a usb stick (i would post it to him n pay for postage back) but he has not replied. Some of my photos are on facebook (maybe 200 or 300 out of 5000+) but there are so many more i dont have access to. If he doesnt give me copies then i have effectively lost all my photos and a lot of memories of a once in a lifetime trip. I am wondering what people's views on the situation are, should i just accept that iv lost the photos or shall i persist in trying to get copies from this guy? obviously its not his problem i lost my camera etc but i assumed it would be acceptable to ask him for photos and giving me copies would be the decent thing to do. if it was a normal holiday, night out or whatever, i wouldnt be that bothered but it was a 3 month trip n a once in a life time experience.
    You mailed him, most people don't check there mails. I personally check my mails once a month, i'd recommend that you post your problem on his wall! (On facebook) People always reply to stuff on there wall.
    Why don't you just tell him to put all the pictures up on Facebook?? You can right click the pics you want and save them (Just an idea)
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flibdoo)
    Give it another week or so. He might simply have a lot on his plate at the moment. In a week, give him another polite prod. If, a week after that, he still hasn't responded, then panic - but not yet.
    Amazing advice
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    thanks for the advice.

as for asking to put all the photos on facebook, i might ask him to do that if he doesnt agree to usb, the reason i havent asked him already is coz it takes along time to upload them and saving each photo individually will take hours considering we are talking about thousands of pics. Also it is going to be difficult as it is to explain to him which folders of photos are mine - as my photos were uploaded by a third person from the trip - and he may have to give me the majority of photos taken on the trip if it is too tricky to figure out which ones were taken by me which would mean up to 80gb or more of photos which is not ideal to upload to/save from facebook.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 20, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.