Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website

Staffordshire Uni Firmers/Goers (Stafford Campus) 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by oElectronic
It's nice to see more girls about at the campus ^_^

As Mike said, I wouldn't worry about not being the party type. I think too many people worry about this to be honest, but not everyone is the same. I have many friends that like to party aswell as those that don't (me included) so it's no biggie. There'd be others like you, or should I say us, too surely :smile:

Well, I was rather hoping to continue learning to ski in Tamworth Snow Dome from September (funds permitting....).
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website
Reply 41
Original post by mikeofmacc
Well, I was rather hoping to continue learning to ski in Tamworth Snow Dome from September (funds permitting....).

WOO TAMWORTH!...I'm from Tamworth :P haha
Reply 42
Original post by LizMrg
WOO TAMWORTH!...I'm from Tamworth :P haha

im from tamworth too lol :smile:
Reply 43
Original post by jaja0202
im from tamworth too lol :smile:

:O No way! What school did you go to?
Reply 44
Hey, I'll be heading to Staff campus, living in halls there hopefully. Though i haven't really heard much about the night life in Stafford? I suppose it's not difficult just to go to Birmingham or something instead if there's not much to do.

Mind you, I'm 20 and I'll be in my final year (doing a top-up in Computer Games Design, on the modelling and animation side of things) so I'll probably be swamped with work a lot of the time compared to my room-mates haha.

I've heard some stories about people staying in their rooms all the time, and that the male to female ratio is above average due to the courses on offer; but i think that the experience is what you make of it. And i know I'll be making the most of it! Hope to see you all there.
Reply 45
I'm not going anymore now,

Staffs uni told me I will not recieve my results until January 2013! To continue the course you have to pass 100%, and there's no proof I've got 100% until January therefore they cannot allow me to continue in September 2012.

They said come back next year once I have the results, but I've already been told the results of 80% of the course and I've passed.

Well, I guess I'll have to go and cancel my halls application now :mad:
Hey guys,Even though this year I'll be in my 1st year I'll technically be a 2nd year at the uni as I went to the uni last year but just did another course before changing.Me and my friend Tom have set up a Fresher's group on facebook so please join and spread the word (https://www.facebook.com/groups/344493188949509/). Tom also set up last year's Fresher's group and words cannot express how it immensely helped me and my friends get to know each other and have some burning questions answered that the uni weren't quick enough to answer. It's a great place to get to know people that you'll be living with and who are on your course before Freshers.
Original post by IIRaNDoMH3R0
Hey, I'll be doing film production technology, I've put down the en-suite as my first choice but after reading some things, kind of made me regret it a little and I have also heard that is a very male orientated place but not much I can do about that now :frown:. The night life sounds a little disappointing but as long as I make some friends I can pretty much have a good time anywhere so that should be fine. I noticed somebody mentioned something about emailing if you wanted to be put near people you know or people of similar interests, I presume I would just email the accommodation people?
Hey, I'm also doing Film Tech come Sept. I was at the uni last year just on a totally different course (nursing would you believe!) so technically I'm a 2nd year to the uni (hence why I'll be living in a student house and not halls).I love the night life, there's one main club in town called Couture which has 2 floors and 3 rooms with different music, the top room being the biggest. There is also a snazzy new club/pub called Red and also an amazing club/pub called The Yard which is amazing for cheap drinks and a must to go to on a Tues night which is student night in Stafford. Also there are plenty of other pubs too if clubs aren't your scene.The campus is mainly male populated but this year there are going to be more girls as some of the courses between the campuses have shifted. You're totally right about having a good time wherever you are as long as you're with your friends! Some people don't much like Couture whereas others love it. Also every Friday at the SU there's 'Mukky Duck' which hold different themes every week and is quite fun to go to with your friends, plus again really cheap drinks!My friend Tom set up a Fresher group on facebook last year and it gave us all a chance to get to know each other before Sept and meet people that will be on your course and even who you'll be living with. Tom has again set up a Fresher group for this year's Freshers so please join it (https://www.facebook.com/groups/344493188949509/) and spread the word!
(edited 11 years ago)
Hey guys just to say if the links's not working for whatever reason then you can manually search the group on facebook. It's called 'Stafford University (Stafford Campus 2012 Freshman Only)'.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 49
Original post by Charlottelisabeth
Hey guys just to say if the links's not working for whatever reason then you can manually search the group on facebook. It's called 'Stafford University (Stafford Campus 2012 Freshman Only)'.

Hey, when I searched that group on facebook it wasn't anywhere? Do you mean the group called 'Stafford University (Stafford Campus 2012 Starters Only)'? If so then I'm already a part of it ^_^
You would've thought with only one word difference between the two groups the search would atleast show SOMETHING but instead nothing came up xD
No not that group, that group was set up by another person in our year. But Tom who set up the very successful one last year decided that even though that other person had set up on he'd rather still set up one for this year because of the fact last year's one made by Tom was so terrific. So the one I'm talking about is the one I mentioned in my previous post, you should be able to search it fine :/
Reply 51
No it's not that one as that one is for people that are going to both Stafford and Stoke campus. The one I'm on about is called - Stafford University (Stafford Campus 2012 Freshman Only)
Reply 53
No it's not that one as that one is for people that are going to both Stafford and Stoke campus. The one I'm on about is called - Stafford University (Stafford Campus 2012 Freshman Only)

But the thing is when I search that group on facebook nothing comes up. Have you checked the settings to make sure the group isn't private or hidden from the search or something?
Reply 54
Fixed the issue of searching.

/groups/344493188949509/

Also to note. I suggested to Steve the manager at legends & lounge that a group would be a good idea after the success of last years so he wanted me to create a group at some point to get the events across to the freshers. We normally only allow for freshers to join with exception to the wardens and union officers. I managed to get every warden in last year. We only do this so you get to bond with people from your own year.

We do require help this year since I can't gain access to yougo (thinks I have not applied to university therefore can't search people) and with the new timeline no one is posting on the welcome week or university pages.
Reply 55
Also whist there are groups for the university which some are actually quite good we are not the main campus at Stafford so we need a separate one because we do different things to them. This does not mean you can't get involved in what is happening over at Stoke. Also to point out the boy to girl ratio is 7:1ish with 3500 boys and 700 girls when I last saw the stats however it is true that most of these people are reclusive and on a night at the union it is about 3:1 which is not too bad. Also the main club in Stafford called Couture which holds about 1000 people with 3 rooms gets coaches come from Wolverhampton and Stoke every Tuesday (student night) so it is about 50:50 on Tuesdays in town. Also the Stoke Campus is about 2:1 girls to boys.
Reply 56
Original post by TheHope
Also whist there are groups for the university which some are actually quite good we are not the main campus at Stafford so we need a separate one because we do different things to them. This does not mean you can't get involved in what is happening over at Stoke. Also to point out the boy to girl ratio is 7:1ish with 3500 boys and 700 girls when I last saw the stats however it is true that most of these people are reclusive and on a night at the union it is about 3:1 which is not too bad. Also the main club in Stafford called Couture which holds about 1000 people with 3 rooms gets coaches come from Wolverhampton and Stoke every Tuesday (student night) so it is about 50:50 on Tuesdays in town. Also the Stoke Campus is about 2:1 girls to boys.

I'm quite relieved to hear that xD Although 3500 boys to 700 girls is still pretty bad the way people talked about the lack of girls made it seem worse than that....even better if the ratio evens out more on nights out haha.
Also I've joined the new facebook group now ^_^
I'm a firmer, but I'm in a right predicament. I accepted foundation science at STAFFORD campus, because the only other place that did it was somewhere really random. Since I applied, they've changed the site to reflect the new science building being a thing. Now I fear I'm stuck at Stafford, even though it isn't anywhere near as easy for me to get to as Stoke. When I applied, the page never said anything about Stoke college, and the science degrees being based on the Uni campus are far, far easier for me to get to. I'm terrified that I won't be able to switch campus, and I'll be stuck having to go to Stafford every day because the Stoke choice was never there when I applied.
Original post by ChromiumTWIST
I'm a firmer, but I'm in a right predicament. I accepted foundation science at STAFFORD campus, because the only other place that did it was somewhere really random. Since I applied, they've changed the site to reflect the new science building being a thing. Now I fear I'm stuck at Stafford, even though it isn't anywhere near as easy for me to get to as Stoke. When I applied, the page never said anything about Stoke college, and the science degrees being based on the Uni campus are far, far easier for me to get to. I'm terrified that I won't be able to switch campus, and I'll be stuck having to go to Stafford every day because the Stoke choice was never there when I applied.

Just ring up the uni asap and see if you can change campuses. And then you'll have to ask about accommodation too. Technically none of this is your fault as it happened after you'd already applied to go to Stafford.
Just ring up the uni asap and see if you can change campuses. And then you'll have to ask about accommodation too. Technically none of this is your fault as it happened after you'd already applied to go to Stafford.

I'm not actually living on campus, I'm commuting, which is why Stoke is a lot easier for me to to get to.

Would switching campuses normally be allowed? I hate the way I managed to read this on a Sunday, because now I have to wait a day before I can even begin to sort all of this out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending