The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Bath 2012 Applicants thread!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1380
Original post by dan_oufc
Nope actually I'm in a pretty similar position to you. I did a BTEC in Health and Social Care and finished a year ago. I applied to Bath this last year and got an unconditional so you could pretty much say I'll definitely be there come September :woo:. You're the first BTEC student I've spoke to, most people are mature or A level students on here. So glad I'm not doing A levels though, I'd hate to sweat out on the results!

Yeah I know. When I read through these posts, I read about A level after A level. Like I said, I already know my result so I can basically say I will be joining you in September too. Same, I couldn't cope with having to wait until August to know whether I have got a place or not. What accommodation have you applied for? :afro:
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 1381
Original post by Dan H
Yeah I know. When I read through these posts, I read about A level after A level. Like I said, I already know my result so I can basically say I will be joining you in September too. Same, I couldn't cope with having to wait until August to know whether I have got a place or not. What accommodation have you applied for? :afro:

Nice one mate! Yeah I think the tension would kill me, its bad enough not having my place 100% confirmed (I have to have a CRB and health check before I can do my course). I've applied for Westwood, how about you? :bl:

Sorry but I'm loving those smileys!
Reply 1382
Nice one mate! Yeah I think the tension would kill me, its bad enough not having my place 100% confirmed (I have to have a CRB and health check before I can do my course). I've applied for Westwood, how about you? :bl:

Sorry but I'm loving those smileys!

Cheers! You will be fine, I had a CRB done last year and it's pretty straight forward (as long as you haven't got a criminal record) haha.
Erm I applied for Marlborough & Solsbury because I wanted my own shower haha! Where are you from anyway?
They are entertaining! :bhangra:
Reply 1383
Haha yes, my course isn't a sandwich course. I do my placements spread across the three years. So I think its a term in the first year and then 2 terms for the second and third years placement.

Ah right, nah England's just constantly bad, we are meant to have summer but we don't necessarily have sun! Lucky you indeed!

Ok. I get it now :smile:
Well, however, the autumn was invented especially for Britain! It's usually very impressive season here. I just hope we'll have nice autumn this year. I assume that Bath must be stunning during that time.
Original post by anna_lepore
I have received my CAS but only after contacting the school. They had saved the wrong e-mail for me. Maybe you should call and find out if there is a problem.

OHH!!! :O

Although I'm receiving all their other mails just fine... i'll write them an e-mail anyways!!

Thanks!! :smile:
Reply 1385
Original post by Dan H
Cheers! You will be fine, I had a CRB done last year and it's pretty straight forward (as long as you haven't got a criminal record) haha.
Erm I applied for Marlborough & Solsbury because I wanted my own shower haha! Where are you from anyway?
They are entertaining! :bhangra:

Yeah thankfully my CRB came through all clear last week so thats one thing out of the way. Dunno what happens next to be honest, I guess I just have to wait and see if Bath send some stuff out! Practically everyone applied there! A lot of people are gonna be disappointed! I live down the road from Oxford, yourself? :headbang:
Reply 1386
Yeah thankfully my CRB came through all clear last week so thats one thing out of the way. Dunno what happens next to be honest, I guess I just have to wait and see if Bath send some stuff out! Practically everyone applied there! A lot of people are gonna be disappointed! I live down the road from Oxford, yourself? :headbang:

Yeah I know, hopefully the fact that I applied quite early gives me an advantage but if not then I'll have to go wherever they place me. Ah right, not too far then! I live half way between Worcester and Birmingham. :2euk48l:
Hey everyone,

I firmed Politics with Economics at Bath and I am actually very happy about it :smile:.

I was just wondering if the job prospects for that course are as great as they say on their website? I would like to do banking/consulting after uni and I know that Bath says that many people go there with that degree.

I just thought that this course might be a bit too less Economics? Am I wrong with that assumption or does that matter at all?

Thank you in advance for your information :smile:
Hi guys, I'm just going into my third year at Bath (studying Psychology) so feel free to message me with questions about the uni, the city, Psychology etc. :smile:
Reply 1389
Hah. Got three train tickets for a sum £34.50 (3x£11.50) from Gatwick to Bristol... Much better than £151.50 (3x£50.50) which the fares originally were at...
Original post by habertimo
Hey everyone,

I firmed Politics with Economics at Bath and I am actually very happy about it :smile:.

I was just wondering if the job prospects for that course are as great as they say on their website? I would like to do banking/consulting after uni and I know that Bath says that many people go there with that degree.

I just thought that this course might be a bit too less Economics? Am I wrong with that assumption or does that matter at all?

Thank you in advance for your information :smile:

Hello :smile: I'm also a PwE firmer, message me?
And remember the course is really flexible so you can take extra Econ modules.
Reply 1391
I have received my CAS but only after contacting the school. They had saved the wrong e-mail for me. Maybe you should call and find out if there is a problem.

what is CAS? :colondollar: haha, and im not receiving anything from Bath, except some newsletter and info on student finance.

btw, what are you studying?
Reply 1392
Hi everyone :smile:

I've just had my offer turned unconditional after receiving my IB results. I'm studying Chemistry with Management :smile: Any other chemists on here?
Original post by EHALI
what is CAS? :colondollar: haha, and im not receiving anything from Bath, except some newsletter and info on student finance.

btw, what are you studying?

CAS is for international students, so people from outside the EU/EEA. It's basically a piece of paper for the UK Border Agency that shows you are going to school in the UK so that you can get a visa to study there.

Im going to be studying international relations and politics. :smile: You?
Reply 1394
CAS is for international students, so people from outside the EU/EEA. It's basically a piece of paper for the UK Border Agency that shows you are going to school in the UK so that you can get a visa to study there.

Im going to be studying international relations and politics. :smile: You?

alright guess i dont need it then!
Reply 1395
Original post by ChelseyElla
Hi guys, I'm just going into my third year at Bath (studying Psychology) so feel free to message me with questions about the uni, the city, Psychology etc. :smile:

hi, i've accepted an offer from bath for politics and international relations, predicted AAA, but really want to switch to psychology. do you have any idea whether this would be possible or how best to do this? thanks

I'm hoping to study Psychology at Bath! Did you enjoy it? Is there any reading I can do over the summer to get me started? :smile:
Reply 1397

I'm going to study Psychology at Bath this year, and I was just wondering what you thought of the course, if you've been enjoying it? Also I am TERRIBLE at Maths, but I understand that there is some Statistics involved, is it a lot and is it hard?
Reply 1398
Original post by Twigleheight
Has anyone else applied for Westwood accommodation? I wasn't too bothered about having an en suite so thought I might as well go for it, looks nice enough! :smile:

I am actually bothered hahaha I wanted en suite BUT I applied to late and so applied to Westwood and tbh it doesn't look bad at all and you have your own sink and mirror in the room anyway which is fine for me :smile:
Original post by vickypru
hi, i've accepted an offer from bath for politics and international relations, predicted AAA, but really want to switch to psychology. do you have any idea whether this would be possible or how best to do this? thanks

I'm afraid I don't know but your best best would be to contact the uni straight away to see if this is possible before you start. If not you may have to do a year of politics and international relations before you can switch.

Original post by fionalala12
I'm hoping to study Psychology at Bath! Did you enjoy it? Is there any reading I can do over the summer to get me started? :smile:

Psychology at Bath is great fun! There isn't really anything that will help over the summer as they introduce you to all of the topics pretty slowly and will tell you which text books you need in the first week. My advice is just to enjoy your summer and look forward to October :smile:

Original post by amii12
I'm going to study Psychology at Bath this year, and I was just wondering what you thought of the course, if you've been enjoying it? Also I am TERRIBLE at Maths, but I understand that there is some Statistics involved, is it a lot and is it hard?

The course is really good and each year you get more choice about what units to take. There is a lot of Statistics involved but it's all done using a computer program which calculates the math bit for you, you just need to know which 'commands' to do on the program and which data to put in but this will be taught in a specialized unit.

Additional advice for you all, some text books are REALLY expensive so look into buying some secondhand books from other students.

Quick Reply

Latest