Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

CELTA

Announcements Posted on
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't really know where this thread belongs but I'll put it here and you guys can tell me where to move it if it needs moving.

I was thinking of doing a CELTA (Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) course after my A Levels and before uni. I was then gonna go travel and teach for a while before coming back and doimg English at uni?

Does this sound like a decent plan? Have you done a CELTA? What was it like? How much use was it to you?

Thanks everyone!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    The minimum age in many centres tends to be 20 but sometimes they make exceptions. I've only done day 1 so will keep you posted (even today it was a lot of paperwork and we're teaching on our 2nd day!)
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by La Esmerelda)
    The minimum age in many centres tends to be 20 but sometimes they make exceptions. I've only done day 1 so will keep you posted (even today it was a lot of paperwork and we're teaching on our 2nd day!)
    Yeah my college have said that they take on 18 year olds in exceptional circumstances, so just have to try and bend their arms!

What route did you take? Are you a graduate and then decided on doing it??
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matthewoingram)
    Yeah my college have said that they take on 18 year olds in exceptional circumstances, so just have to try and bend their arms!

What route did you take? Are you a graduate and then decided on doing it??
    yep, am a graduate.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 22, 2012
New on TSR

Student in a Million awards

All the results from our prize-giving night

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.