Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Health benefits of drinking more water than daily recommended?

Announcements Posted on
Complete this short survey for a chance to win an iPad mini! 22-09-2014
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Was just wondering if there are any benefits of drinking more water than the recommended daily volume. Obviously not dangerous amounts but you know what I mean!

Cheers

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    If there were significant benefits, then surely the recommended amount would just be raised?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    You should only really drink when you feel thirst. Ignore this whole recommended amount business.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    in normal temperate conditions and without strenuous physical work the body requires 2 -3 litres of water a day from all sources , including the water 'hidden' in foods ... this also includes the water content of all drinks ( part from excessive alcohol intake) ... so if you manage to drink 2 litres of all drinks a day plus the water in your food you'll probably be fine ... warmer conditiosn and greater physical work will increase the demand for water.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kage)
    You should only really drink when you feel thirst. Ignore this whole recommended amount business.
    I disagree, many people won't notice until they're REALLY thirsty, or will forget etc.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    what is academic ability receive a high grade in your classes?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louisrihanna)
    what is academic ability receive a high grade in your classes?
    You should know your teacher position job description, job qualifications then, teacher technical interview questions…, you can ref some questions as below:

Tell me about yourself?
    What kind of salary are you looking for Teacher?
    What are your career goals for teacher?
    How many years of experience do you have for Teacher position?
    How do you plan when starting a new study unit or topic with your class?
    Tell me how you develop your daily lesson plan and what do you include?
    Describe your teaching style?
    Would you be interested in participating in after- school activities?
    How have you used, or how will you use technology in the classroom?
    What type of classroom management structure would you implement if you were hired?

You can ref more 170 teacher interview questions & answers at: azjobebooks.info/170-
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    what the hell ^^^^?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Freak Out)
    I disagree, many people won't notice until they're REALLY thirsty, or will forget etc.
    That's their fault. You shouldn't have to pour water down your throat whenever you don't feel you have to. We are built with a thirst reponse to tell us when to drink, just like when you are hungry, you eat. You don't eat when you aren't. At least, you shouldn't.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kage)
    this

there is no evolutionary advantage to drinking more water, as water cannot be stored for more than a few days, unlike food which can be stored for longer, and that's why we can (naturally) "overeat"
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    If you drink too much you can also start to flush all the the nutrients from your foods through your system and they won't have a chance to be absorbed. In some cases it can also cause kidney problems (in the very long term) due to them having to work very hard to keep filtering all the fluids in the body. Drink when you're thirsty, I tend to also drink a lot when I feel tired or have a headache. So often keeping yourself hydrated cures very common ailments.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperCat007)
    If you drink too much you can also start to flush all the the nutrients from your foods through your system and they won't have a chance to be absorbed. In some cases it can also cause kidney problems (in the very long term) due to them having to work very hard to keep filtering all the fluids in the body. Drink when you're thirsty, I tend to also drink a lot when I feel tired or have a headache. So often keeping yourself hydrated cures very common ailments.
    Additionally, water intoxication could occur if vast amounts of water are consumed within a small space of time.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 2, 2012
New on TSR

TSR Freshers' blogs 2014

Read what TSR's freshers have to say as they head off to uni

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.