The Student Room Group

Battlefield 3

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2280
Took down a Helicopter with an Anti tank launcher. So damn proud of myself for it :P. Two down 3 to go...
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2281
Original post by Aj12
Took down a Helicopter with an Anti tank launcher. So damn proud of myself for it :P. Two down 3 to go...

i once took one down with a granade launcher

:cool:
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
It would be so much better if they waited for the new round of consoles. They've obviously reached the peak with this round and it's probably having a detrimental effect on how far the PC version can go as well. They could have a game built from the ground up for the next console and really utilise the full capabilities of such a machine (and the PC wouldn't be as badly hampered and have the game on such crutches either). :coma:

Indeed. Some websites are talking about the possibility of it being a launch title but that's not really possible considering everyone who perorders MoH gets guaranteed beta access. They're not exactly going to offer the beta on consoles those customers don't even own (at least, I'd think not!).
Original post by hassi94
Indeed. Some websites are talking about the possibility of it being a launch title but that's not really possible considering everyone who perorders MoH gets guaranteed beta access. They're not exactly going to offer the beta on consoles those customers don't even own (at least, I'd think not!).

EA just really wants to milk the cow. They have been making losses for the last 4-5 quarters and the sooner they release a new Battlefield the quicker the money comes in. I wonder how they want to improve the graphics of the consoles even more. I suppose Bf4 will have the same graphics on consoles as Bf3. Hopefully they won't make the same mistake Infinity Ward did with MW3...
Original post by Aj12

On kharg island I seem to be a magnet to anyone flying a little bird, it's been good practice for knocking them down with rpg's.

I also had an insanely lucky kill on an attack helicopter of Wake Island as well, it was so lucky I apologised to the pilot for it. It was quite funny though, I was trying to hit a tank, misjudged the rocket drop and fired over the top of it just as the heli emerged over the bank behind it :tongue:
Original post by Aj12

Top tip: Play on Oman on the US side. Ultimate in trolling techniques is hiding on the large rock by their airfield, and when you see someone running to their attack heli (or jets for that matter), you can fire a rocket and take it out.

Somewhat spawn-raping, but all's fair in love and war.
Reply 2286
Original post by Keckers
On kharg island I seem to be a magnet to anyone flying a little bird, it's been good practice for knocking them down with rpg's.

I also had an insanely lucky kill on an attack helicopter of Wake Island as well, it was so lucky I apologised to the pilot for it. It was quite funny though, I was trying to hit a tank, misjudged the rocket drop and fired over the top of it just as the heli emerged over the bank behind it :tongue:

PRSO :mad:

Some of the things you see and do on battlefield are just so random and flueky. Part of the reason I love it so much.

Still not sure how I'm going to do the other 3 kills on this damn assignment. Ah well think I'll just get a friend to help.
This gave me a hearty chuckle

Original post by Pinkhead
Anyone else seen the Armoured Kill trailer?

[video="youtube;wF8H1Wh-Brc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wF8H1Wh-Brc&list=UUvNBXWGykQrWb7kPAn5eLUQ&index=1&feature=plcp&oref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.co m%2Fuser%2Fbattlefield%3Ffeature %3Dresults_main&has_verified=1[/video]

Being the pro tank driver I am, I'm looking forward to this.
armored kill
shivers of awesomeness. no lie. i am so pumped right nao
(edited 11 years ago)
I only wish that AK came before CQ :tongue:
Original post by Magnum Opus
I only wish that AK came before CQ :tongue:

This.
Something interesting is that most servers I see are vanilla BF3, there are a few B2K, but I haven't seen one CQ server without searching only for them.
Most infuriating thing ever: Being top on the leaderboard for your team, being an epic tank driver mother****er, get out to repair tank, some noob comes along and jumps in it and drives off and is blown up in 2 seconds.

This happens all the time, what the ****.

I'm also the only person whose status is updating in the Battle Feed. Buckle up guys.
(edited 11 years ago)
Got Premium today finally. I cant explain how much fun it is running around with a shotgun (M1014) on Conquest Domination on Ziba Tower and shredding opponents.
Original post by Magnum Opus
Most infuriating thing ever: Being top on the leaderboard for your team, being an epic tank driver mother****er, get out to repair tank, some noob comes along and jumps in it and drives off and is blown up in 2 seconds.

This happens all the time, what the ****.

I was out on foot on Kharg Island near the petrol station and saw an enemy tank. He was at a distance where he could just drive after me and run me over. Instead he got out, my friend behind the tank shot him, and took his tank. Epic. :biggrin:

I can't get along with the tanks just yet. I seem to be best with the choppers so far...
Reply 2296
Guys does anyone wanna play together? i have the pc edition, premium. Skype avail. add me, turbolubo. none of my rl friends play bf3 , and its not fun alone xD
Original post by lubus
Guys does anyone wanna play together? i have the pc edition, premium. Skype avail. add me, turbolubo. none of my rl friends play bf3 , and its not fun alone xD

Have you joined the TSR platoon?

I don't think we (the platoon) have played together yet but it is certainly a possibility.
Reply 2298
Original post by Scott1541
Have you joined the TSR platoon?

I don't think we (the platoon) have played together yet but it is certainly a possibility.

link pls?

Quick Reply

Latest