Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Lottery - Have you or close family won it?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Have you or close family members (i.e. mother, father, brother, sister etc) won £1,000-£1+million?

If so, what were the circumstances (did you play regularly beforehand, how much did you spend on that particular ticket/scratchcard, same numbers, have a 'feeling', random, one-off etc)?

I'm just interested...
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    nope
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    I won -50 dollars. Bought ten tickets. Matched no more than 2 numbers per ticket. Sad weekend that was.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my Galaxy Nexus
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by democracyforum)
    nope
    Wow, thankyou so much. Really, there has been so much illumination as a result of your oh so informative and helpful response.

EDIT: Why the negs? Does TSR now not deem innocent and legitimate sarcasm as suitable?
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    Nope. Spent nothing lost nothing. What a farce.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I've won a tenner if that counts...
    • 46 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have never bought one, and never plan to. I would rather spend that £1 or so on something with equal value. A small piece of paper is not worth £1 in my mind
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    I know of someone who won the jackpot which was shared and I think they got £2.2mil or something like that. It ruined their lives though. The husband ended up ripping the family apart by sleeping with women left right and centre, and the son developed severe agoraphobia due to the stress and hasn't left the house for over a year now. The daughter however spent a lot of time working for charity and has done some pretty amazing things thanks to having money at her disposal. So it really depends what you do when you win, but I think that kind of money is very much make or break.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    My father won £1,200 years ago.
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    I fully intend to win both the lottery and the £1 million raffle this week.

Just thought I'd let you know beforehand.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Never bought a ticket, probably never will. I don't even know what I'd spend a couple of million on.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yup, my friend won it. Was a 10 million rollover, he decided to ring up his boss and tell him where to shove it and spend his money in his account on expensive champagne to celebrate ... turns out he only won a fiver!
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    my nanna won a couple of grand. I Don't think she did anything particular with it she just put it in the bank and gradually spent it.
    • 70 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UniversalAutocrat)
    Wow, thankyou so much. Really, there has been so much illumination as a result of your oh so informative and helpful response.
    Here's a more detailed answer:

Nope. Probably because neither I or a family member, have bought a ticket before. I like orange juice.

What did you expect?
    (Original post by justanotherposter)
    Never bought a ticket, probably never will. I don't even know what I'd spend a couple of million on.
    House, car, degree, pension. There
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    No. It's my belief that the lottery is a tax on stupidity.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I know someone who won £10,000. She and her family were incredibly rich, though, so I don't think that sum of money was all that much to them!
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ra Ra Ra)
    I know someone who won £10,000. She and her family were incredibly rich, though, so I don't think that sum of money was all that much to them!
    Now that's just not fair is it! Haha
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliluvschoc)
    I fully intend to win both the lottery and the £1 million raffle this week.

Just thought I'd let you know beforehand.
    Can I have some?
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ra Ra Ra)
    It always seems that rich people win it more often
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Not a family member, but a girl at tennis club. I went round her house one day. It was a two bedroom semi. I went round her the next week and it was suddenly a 7 bed mansion with a swimming pool. She didn't say anything!!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 30, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.