Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Mass deportations in the future

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    In the future the NHS will be privatised because it will be too expensive to run with the amount of people living on a small island. We haven't got the land, resources or the people for it. It can't go n forever theirs going to be a time in the future when we need mass deportations. The one thing that worries me about immigration more than anything and that is if we start getting ethnic minorities trying to force their way of life and culture onto the real population.
    • 72 followers

ReputationRep:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    ^This.

I...I can't even...

• 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    It's truuuuuue
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Great_One)
    In the future the NHS will be privatised because it will be too expensive to run with the amount of people living on a small island. We haven't got the land, resources or the people for it. It can't go n forever theirs going to be a time in the future when we need mass deportations. The one thing that worries me about immigration more than anything and that is if we start getting ethnic minorities trying to force their way of life and culture onto the real population.
    Funny you should say that considering 64% of the private medical practitioners and 44% of nhs doctors in this country are ethnically indian, should we deport them too?

I am definitely in agreement that this country is going down the pan but thats more because of our generation growing up with a sense of entitlement (because of labour).

Have you ever stopped to think how much we influenced the world (and gained from it) during the british empire? thats why its near impossible for us to say no to immigrants from other countries....

YOU TROLL

btw you shouldn't talk about things you don't understand child
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    OR

A better solution might be to open up the healthcare market to private providers which provide more choice and better quality of service, either to directly challenge the NHS or allow cohesion between it.

The whole immigration argument is silly on several fronts- firstly, because more people should be a good thing as more people= more income tax revenue. Secondly, the issue here is that the capacity is over-extended for an over-centralised service, not because there is too many people.

Hong Kong is much smaller and more populated than the UK, yet it enjoys some of the highest standards of living in the world. I've actually been to the hospital here a few times, having to pay a minimal amount of around £5.00 per visit- and that was just because I was a foreign student (as far as im aware, local students get free service, through an insurance scheme). So if that situation ever arises, then privatisation=/= deportation. Silly, silly analysis.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nosceteipsummm)
    ^This. I...I can't even...
    (Original post by Phantom_X)
    OR
    A better solution might be to open up the healthcare market to private providers which provide more choice and better quality of service, either to directly challenge the NHS or allow cohesion between it.*

The whole immigration argument is silly on several fronts- firstly, because more people should be a good thing as more people= more income tax revenue. Secondly, the issue here is that the capacity is over-extended for an over-centralised service, not because there is too many people.

Hong Kong is much smaller and more populated than the UK, yet it enjoys some of the highest standards of living in the world. I've actually been to the hospital here a few times, having to pay a minimal amount of around £5.00 per visit- and that was just because I was a foreign student (as far as im aware, local students get free service, through an insurance scheme). So if that situation ever arises, then privatisation=/= deportation. Silly, silly analysis.
    (Original post by A.sniper)
    Funny you should say that considering 64% of the private medical practitioners and 44% of nhs doctors in this country are ethnically indian, should we deport them too?

I am definitely in agreement that this country is going down the pan but thats more because of our generation growing up with a sense of entitlement (because of labour).

Have you ever stopped to think how much we influenced the world (and gained from it) during the british empire? thats why its near impossible for us to say no to immigrants from other countries....

YOU TROLL

btw you shouldn't talk about things you don't understand child
    I guess that op's analysis is far from watertight , but in some ways isn't this story from the bbc posted today, about mass deportation that is actually in progress right now?

From the article (my emphasis):
    The UK Border Agency faces a backlog of more than 275,000 failed migrants who need to be removed from the country
    Although the reasoning in the op might not be 100%, the result can't be as impossible as all that if it's already kinda semi happening.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tleave2000)
    I guess that op's analysis is far from watertight , but in some ways isn't this story from the bbc posted today, about mass deportation that is actually in progress right now?

From the article (my emphasis):

Although the reasoning in the op might not be 100%, the result can't be as impossible as all that if it's already kinda semi happening.
    Not really, this just further proves against the op's point if anything. The migrants in that article are people who were refused entry to the uk, such as non-skilled workers, false asylum seekers, criminals etc....

...yet they are still in the UK because the government border control agency still hasn't actually deported them yet...this just further shows how caught up in red-tape any government controlled agency is.

What this means is that it's hard enough keeping them out, NEVER EVEN MIND DEPORTING THEM that would be next to impossible, lets not forget even if a direct government controlled agency/secret police (at what expense and with what money? :rolleyes:) could deport anyone on a mass scale, any mass deportation would hit the british economy possibly even causing a meltdown coupled with riots and disorder.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Not really, this just further proves against the op's point if anything. The migrants in that article are people who were refused entry to the uk, such as non-skilled workers, false asylum seekers, criminals etc....

...yet they are still in the UK because the government border control agency still hasn't actually deported them yet...this just further shows how caught up in red-tape any government controlled agency is.

What this means is that it's hard enough keeping them out, NEVER EVEN MIND DEPORTING THEM that would be next to impossible, lets not forget even if a direct government controlled agency/secret police (at what expense and with what money? :rolleyes:) could deport anyone on a mass scale, any mass deportation would hit the british economy possibly even causing a meltdown coupled with riots and disorder.
    I think it shows that there is at least a stated requirement for mass deportations. Whether or not that becomes feasible at some point in the future is another matter. Certainly in the current environment it doesn't seem likely.

Things change of course and not always for the better. 5 years ago we all thought a 1930s style financial collapse was unthinkable. Now Greece is in the middle of one, Spain well on its way. Between now and 50 years from now? Who knows.

I'm not saying it's a certainty by any means and I'm not saying it would be a good thing, but I don't think it's as outright impossible as you'd naturally hope it would be.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think it shows that there is at least a stated requirement for mass deportations. Whether or not that becomes feasible at some point in the future is another matter. Certainly in the current environment it doesn't seem likely.

Things change of course and not always for the better. 5 years ago we all thought a 1930s style financial collapse was unthinkable. Now Greece is in the middle of one, Spain well on its way. Between now and 50 years from now? Who knows.

I'm not saying it's a certainty by any means and I'm not saying it would be a good thing, but I don't think it's as outright impossible as you'd naturally hope it would be.
    Of course in 50 years time government probably will have enough money to waste on silly things like mass deportation (if they can pay back the 700 billion deficit off) but by then we will all be eating chicken balti with chopsticks and having our fighter jets made in brazil....noone will care what little britain will be doing.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Of course in 50 years time government probably will have enough money to waste on silly things like mass deportation (if they can pay back the 700 billion deficit off) but by then we will all be eating chicken balti with chopsticks and having our fighter jets made in brazil....noone will care what little britain will be doing.
    Haha. Well I think it's our moral objection to mass deportation that's really preventing us from doing it, not the cost.

You mentioned a meltdown as a result of mass deportations. It would be a massive disruption indeed, but if a collapse had already happened, the opportunity cost would be much closer to zero for a government without moral scruples. Exactly the kind of government that might come to power in a collapse situation.

I'm saying that a collapse would come first, deportations second, and that the financial problems of a collapse would fuel the deportations, not prevent them.

Remember that the nazis considered mass deportations before they came up with gas chambers. As horrible as mass deportations would be, there are cheaper and much much worse options.

Maybe I've just seen Children of Men and V For Vendetta too many times .
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Haha. Well I think it's our moral objection to mass deportation that's really preventing us from doing it, not the cost.

You mentioned a meltdown as a result of mass deportations. It would be a massive disruption indeed, but if a collapse had already happened, the opportunity cost would be much closer to zero for a government without moral scruples. Exactly the kind of government that might come to power in a collapse situation.

I'm saying that a collapse would come first, deportations second, and that the financial problems of a collapse would fuel the deportations, not prevent them.

Remember that the nazis considered mass deportations before they came up with gas chambers. As horrible as mass deportations would be, there are cheaper and much much worse options.

Maybe I've just seen Children of Men and V For Vendetta too many times .
    Very good points...I never thought about it like that. Then again look what happened to germany, they would be a superpower rivalling america if they hadn't of done that, they had a monopoly on a lot of technical inventions that were then de-patented by the treaty of versaille. Not just that, its not like the world would just sit by and let that happen again, not in europe anyway, I bet a lot of the eurocrats are probably thinking something like that might sort out this whole eurozone crisis.:rolleyes:

I don't think we don't do it because of morals just look at the limit on asylum seekers...our crown jewels were nabbed from india and our wealth was mostly plundered from africa not too long ago and don't forget shipping the underclass to australia. Never underestimate the lack of compassion from any countries 'real' leaders. normally whatever is percieved best for the country will be done no matter the moral cost.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Never underestimate the lack of compassion from any countries 'real' leaders. normally whatever is percieved best for the country will be done no matter the moral cost.
    True, or even "what is considered best for the countries' real leaders".
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I don't know why everyone is pretending that there is a problem with overpopulation in the UK. There isn't. If anything the opposite is true, people aren't having enough children any more.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukas1051)
    white people aren't having enough children any more.
    Fixed
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    White people are having children we have hundreds of thousands a year then we have the odd baby boom. Theirs no way we can become a minority because as long as we still have hundreds of thousands of babies theirs no way anyone else can catch up to us. Ethnic minorities come here and become westernised and only ave 2 kids a family
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I guarantee this will blow your mind as well as all your popularly held misconceptions. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18623096

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 26, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.