The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Original post by godknows
weston is actually one of the newest buildings :s and so is lambert hall .. and burkhart house ;
http://i56.tinypic.com/2h52z5s.jpg
http://media.stars.manchester.ac.uk/images/accommodation/fallowfield_sm/sheavyn_bedroom.jpg

not something I am looking for

and I don't know about dalton-ellis .. :s-smilie:

I live in Dalton Ellis Hall :biggrin: It's pretty good, with a good social life, therefore I'll be living there again next year..

I've been to Hulme/Burkhart house, Weston and lambert halls.. The best is by far Burkhart :biggrin: Your second picture is a typical room, you won't get something bigger unless you pay a lot or go for an older accommodation..

Weston has tiny kitchen's and rooms, and both Lambert and Weston halls are right next to the engineering campus, so it is filled with workaholic engineers (btw, I'll be doing Mechanical Eng after my foundation yr ), they are lame and boring, they have nothing special to offer for a first year undergraduate, just like the whole city campus..
(edited 11 years ago)
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by Salmaa!
Subject: Optometry
Offer: AAB
Why Manchester?: Here's a better question, why not Manchester?
Accom: One in the City Campus, probably Whitworth Park.

Nice to meet everyone! :biggrin:

Hey :-) I'm also an Optometry applicant XD Is it your firm? :-)
Reply 162
Subject: Biomedical Science w/ industrial experince
Offer: ABB
Why Manchester: Employers love it, 54:46 female to male ratio (fly hunnies errywhere) and pretty far from home which is a big plus.
Accommodation: Richmond park, Weston park and Lambert halls
Hi there!

I'm holding an offer(as international student) and the condition is " to pass final exams with 5 overall and no subject less than 4)
I got marks 4 4 4 5 5 5.

Do I satisfy the condition?
I emailed them but still no reply.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9000
Subject: Optometry
Offer: AAB
Why Manchester: Because I LOVE the city, and I feel I'd really enjoy myself and fit in at Manchester. Also, because of good employment prospects
(edited 11 years ago)
Subject: BSc Accounting
Offer: AAA
Why Manchester? I love the city and I love the uni, plus the business schools got a really good reputation(especially for me as a Hong Kong Student) + the course provides 1 year optional placement programme.
Accommodation: Lambert Hall :smile:
Reply 166
Original post by infinite_nigma
Hey :-) I'm also an Optometry applicant XD Is it your firm? :-)

yep :smile: have you decided on your accommodation yet?
Original post by Salmaa!
yep :smile: have you decided on your accommodation yet?

Aw cool! :-) urmmm i applied but idk, depends what im offered on results day...might go for private accomm, i quite like wilmslow park. How about yourself?:-)
Reply 168
Aw cool! :-) urmmm i applied but idk, depends what im offered on results day...might go for private accomm, i quite like wilmslow park. How about yourself?:-)

I heard private accom works out to be a rip off so be careful, and I was thinking city campus, I liked the Grosvenors :smile: what A-levels did you take?
Reply 169
Original post by godknows
I was in exactly the same situation as you till today morning.. I applied for pharmacy too and was looking for a modern en suite accommadation near stopford building .. but anyways I ended up applied to

Weston Hall
Lambert Hall
St. Gilbert's hall

They are not very close to stopford but are the best choices if you are looking for a modern ensuite accommodation.. good luck with your application :biggrin:

if you get weston or lambert there is a free bus that takes you from outside halls to outside stopford and runs every ten mins x
Reply 170
Original post by Salmaa!
I heard private accom works out to be a rip off so be careful, and I was thinking city campus, I liked the Grosvenors :smile: what A-levels did you take?

private accom generally charge you for 50 weeks of the year whereas uni accom charges for 40 - just depends whether you plan on staying in manc over the summer. Additionally when it comes to 2nd year accomodation you'll find that private accom will overlap with your new tenancy and you end up paying two lots of rent :smile:
Subject:foundation engineering :L
Offer:CCC ...they were all to specific about the subjects...even though I had already finished 2
Why Manchester?: because I've always thought of Manchester as up with Oxbridge, it's like London without as much hassle, great music scene, love the city, used to live nearby
Accommodation you're thinking of selecting?: sheavyn, sheavyn, Richmond :biggrin:

any idea on leniency with grades for this course? when I went to interview they basically said the only reason I got the offer was due to my PS and reference
Reply 172
Original post by amylynne
private accom generally charge you for 50 weeks of the year whereas uni accom charges for 40 - just depends whether you plan on staying in manc over the summer. Additionally when it comes to 2nd year accomodation you'll find that private accom will overlap with your new tenancy and you end up paying two lots of rent :smile:

thank you very much :smile:
Original post by Salmaa!

hmm, it is quite expensive too...yeah, I like lambert and fairfield :-) I took Alevel Chemistry, Biology and psychology...how about you?
Reply 174
hmm, it is quite expensive too...yeah, I like lambert and fairfield :-) I took Alevel Chemistry, Biology and psychology...how about you?

oh awesome, how'd you think your chem went? I'm thinking I either passed or failed horribly, nothing in between, and I took A-level biology chemistry and English language :smile:
Original post by Salmaa!
oh awesome, how'd you think your chem went? I'm thinking I either passed or failed horribly, nothing in between, and I took A-level biology chemistry and English language :smile:

oo ok cool :-) Chemistry was fine (we did OCR, unit 4 in june, and unit 5 in january) ...Biology on the other hand is the subject which will cost me my place. I think I've got AAB but B in Biology :/ I'm sure you did fine :-)
Reply 176
oo ok cool :-) Chemistry was fine (we did OCR, unit 4 in june, and unit 5 in january) ...Biology on the other hand is the subject which will cost me my place. I think I've got AAB but B in Biology :/ I'm sure you did fine :-)

Well I've got my fingers crossed for you :smile: if it was a hard exam the grade boundaries will be low so you shouldn't have anything to worry about; my chemistry was with AQA and there were petitions and letters and complaints and all sorts over our exam so I'm pretty worried, considering I had to miss questions in the middle because I just had no idea, didn't even have anything to write down that could've gotten me marks :/ ah well, we'll see, good luck to you!
Original post by Salmaa!
Well I've got my fingers crossed for you :smile: if it was a hard exam the grade boundaries will be low so you shouldn't have anything to worry about; my chemistry was with AQA and there were petitions and letters and complaints and all sorts over our exam so I'm pretty worried, considering I had to miss questions in the middle because I just had no idea, didn't even have anything to write down that could've gotten me marks :/ ah well, we'll see, good luck to you!

Thank you :smile: i heard about aqa chemistry, its so unfair that they gave such a difficult paper... Im sure you did well, sometimes you think u dont but it turns out ok ..hope u get in :-) we can be optom buddies XD
Reply 178

I stayed in Lambert and Fairfield last year (Lambert Flat 4 room 2) I posted pics on this thread of my room.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2014813&page=8&p=38741014#post38741014

If I had the oppotunity to do it again - I'd go private. The standard of accomodation is much much higher :smile:
Reply 179
Thank you :smile: i heard about aqa chemistry, its so unfair that they gave such a difficult paper... Im sure you did well, sometimes you think u dont but it turns out ok ..hope u get in :-) we can be optom buddies XD

haha, I hope I get in too! PM me your name and I'll add you on facebook :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending