The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SciFiRory
hiya :h: im okay, bit tired as my sleep pattern is crazy atm but otherwise having an okay day thanks :smile: how are you?

Good to hear :smile: What's your sleep pattern like? The sun has been waking up but thankfully the weather is calming down. I'm good thanks for asking :smile:
Original post by LifeIsGood
Good to hear :smile: What's your sleep pattern like? The sun has been waking up but thankfully the weather is calming down. I'm good thanks for asking :smile:

basically nocturnal for last couple of weeks, sleeping during the day (like 8am/9am onwards) and then up at night (5pm/6pm onwards), it's a bit crazy really, but I can just about function on and off during the night when im up! (slept 12pm-5pm today though so need a bit more later if I can!) it's still pretty warm here annoyingly! glad to hear you are good :smile: you waiting on exam results atm?
Original post by SciFiRory
basically nocturnal for last couple of weeks, sleeping during the day (like 8am/9am onwards) and then up at night (5pm/6pm onwards), it's a bit crazy really, but I can just about function on and off during the night when im up! (slept 12pm-5pm today though so need a bit more later if I can!) it's still pretty warm here annoyingly! glad to hear you are good :smile: you waiting on exam results atm?

Pretty much! Only a few weeks to go then my life would be forever-altered! :eek:
Original post by LifeIsGood
Pretty much! Only a few weeks to go then my life would be forever-altered! :eek:

ah, good luck! hopefully you got the grades you wanted :smile:
Original post by Spontogical
Top 3 as from the last thread;

Morris743 - 1767
tehFrance -1189
Spontogical - 1121

lol 3rd for a 3rd month running. How does one get to the top even though he were banned for the last 2 or so weeks? :lol:

Welcome Back

If I've missed you out, it's cause you suck; or you support Utd.

:colonhash:
Reply 45
That awkward moment when the entire group of people you're with spend 45 minutes talking about sex :frown:
Original post by spiral87
That awkward moment when the entire group of people you're with spend 45 minutes talking about sex :frown:

That's happened to me a few times too, both in school, college and in online convos with internet mates :erm:.
Reply 47
Bloody loved that ceremony to be honest... :yep:
Reply 48
Nevermind
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Deyesy

Yeah, I liked it as well. Especially the industrial revolution and Mr Bean parts. Only at a British Games would they dare put someone like Mr Bean into an opening ceremony. Wonderful display of not taking ourselves too seriously.
Reply 50
Original post by TheMagicRat
Yeah, I liked it as well. Especially the industrial revolution and Mr Bean parts. Only at a British Games would they dare put someone like Mr Bean into an opening ceremony. Wonderful display of not taking ourselves too seriously.

I got goosebumps with the industrial revolution part and the Rowan Atkinson part was just absolutely brilliant.

Look on the bright side; last week, I spent an hour and a half of my life with three girls who didn't stop talking about the optimum way to shave lady parts all the while listening to Kylie Minogue :nooo:

Original post by Deyesy

I'll admit I didn't half as much hate it as I thought I would. Although I did get unnecessarily excited when they started ripping up the grass, thinking the entire thing was over!

My geeky side still won't stop marvelling over the way they designed the cauldron, either. The commentator, though: "They keep teasing us with those petals." :laugh:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 52
Original post by SimplyEccentric
I'll admit I didn't half as much hate it as I thought I would. Although I did get unnecessarily excited when they started ripping up the grass, thinking the entire thing was over!

My geeky side still won't stop marvelling over the way they designed the cauldron, either. The commentator, though: "They keep teasing us with those petals." :laugh:

I LOVE the fact that each country participating is part of the flame :h: It makes a nice change aswell that we can actually wave the Union Jack without being told it's 'not pc' to wave our own countries flag... :rolleyes:
It's easily the best 'cauldron' I've ever seen at an Olympics.
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
Yeah, I see what you mean. I get the impression that most people do tend to just use these forums to converse with people on online, either for advice or just procrastination, but don't really have an intention to go meeting up with people for friendships or relationship. Well, this forum does have meets, but even then, they only seem like once-in-a-while things. I've met up with lots of people from the Internet, and most I've only ever met once or twice. I've not really managed to make really good friends with anyone to meet up with regularly. I guess cos people tend to have their own lives that are separate from the Internet, which is fair enough. Maybe not too awesome for someone like me who is a massive loner though

Yeah I think some people do use the site to procrastinate inbetween f5'ing facebook. I think a few people here may be game for meeting up although personally I wouldn't want to meet a few people who frequent this thread :tongue:
I've a feeling though some people use the site as a dating site, which could make meet-ups somewhat awkward if you're not that way inclined about them hence why the may not want to meet up regularly; I've ran into that problem before :s-smilie:
Original post by Yung Mon£y
Yeah I think some people do use the site to procrastinate inbetween f5'ing facebook. I think a few people here may be game for meeting up although personally I wouldn't want to meet a few people who frequent this thread :tongue:
I've a feeling though some people use the site as a dating site, which could make meet-ups somewhat awkward if you're not that way inclined about them hence why the may not want to meet up regularly; I've ran into that problem before :s-smilie:

Damn! You've found out my secret desire to date you.
Original post by TheMagicRat
Damn! You've found out my secret desire to date you.

I work on the assumption that everyone naturally wants to date me unless they state otherwise :cool:
Original post by Yung Mon£y
I work on the assumption that everyone naturally wants to date me unless they state otherwise :cool:

A commendable policy, sir.
Reply 58

That's my favourite topic of conversation :biggrin:
Original post by Psyk
That's my favourite topic of conversation :biggrin:

I think it's secretly everyone's favourite topic of conversation, some people are just too afraid to admit it :biggrin:

Latest