The Student Room Group

The Barbelles Society: Ladies Who Lift

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cowsforsale
Controversy!

What's going on with the polska? Ive just tuned in :smile:

Loading error - was supposed to lift 86kg for a 2nd attempt, but htey loaded 84, she lifted it, and got credited with it. Went for 86kg for 3rd attempt, failed. Then they were like "Lol ok she get 4th lift", then changed their minds!
Original post by alex_tait
When the bar starts going behind their head I change the channel.

Its a lot worse when they drop the bar behind them. I'm surprised that lots of the girls have not had any injury as the way they drop the bar behind them looks very dangerous
Reply 4302
btw I imagine one of the reasons for having different groups is to even out the rate lifters have to go out and lift and how much rest they get. If you had one bad lifter in a group of much higher standard, that lifter would probably have to do his/her 3 lifts almost consecutively, before the weight goes up to the starting weight of the other lifters.
Reply 4303
Original post by Chrisateen
Its a lot worse when they drop the bar behind them. I'm surprised that lots of the girls have not had any injury as the way they drop the bar behind them looks very dangerous

it is relatively safe and easier to control,w hen the bar drops back or front. The danger is if you for example have one arm collapse in the snatch, then you can't properly push it away from your body while it's dropping.
There was so much pressure on that woman who almost bombed. Heart rate went up when she did her final successful snatch lol
Reply 4305
"she needs to nail a good snatch"
...sorry :biggrin:
dat elbow. OUCH!!!
Ass to grass hurts the knees yeah?

Insane flexibility for a 30 year old.
Reply 4308
feel bad for the dominican girl :frown:
Original post by cowsforsale
Ass to grass hurts the knees yeah?

Insane flexibility for a 30 year old.

Did you see the japanese 48kg lifter yesterday? Her ass ACTUALLY touched the platform!
Original post by HFerguson
Did you see the japanese 48kg lifter yesterday? Her ass ACTUALLY touched the platform!

Yes I saw it and wished I can squat that deep. Its a good thing the judges didn't see it though or they would have said its a bad lift
the Colombian girl was amazing in the snatch and jerk (2nd attempt 109kg). When she got up after the snatch she looked like she was going to pass out and thought that she wasn't going to be able but she managed some how to do it
2 red lights for that lift. Oh she gone be mad.
Reply 4313
that is an insane rule. oh your elbow touched your knee, and probably did more harm than good for you, but we'll still red light you. bitch.
christina iovu my god what a fighter :P
world record attempt getting nervous

Edit: Just found out she did it and she did it soo well (and its only her second attempt

Felt sorry for the Turkish girl but she should have tried it again even if she couldn't get it up
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4316
that rise from the hole, WTF
Reply 4317
could have probably made the 135 jerk, but maybe rushed a bit too much
bet she has an insane front squat
That clean was incredibly easy.

Is the jerk generally the harder portion or it varies?
Reply 4319
varies, for example I'm a way stronger pusher than puller, so I can actually jerk more than I can clean lol

Quick Reply

Latest