The Student Room Group

The Barbelles Society: Ladies Who Lift

Scroll to see replies

The b class korean won. Who would've guess lol.
I havnt got to watch any of it cus I sleep during the day and work at night :frown:
Is there no official thread in which we can specifically discuss the olympic weightlifting? There's no thread in the olympic subforum, but I feel we'd be better off not clogging up this thread, as it's on for the next 7 days and we'll have plenty to talk about :tongue:

edit: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2068412&p=38743652#post38743652
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by HFerguson
Is there no official thread in which we can specifically discuss the olympic weightlifting? There's no thread in the olympic subforum, but I feel we'd be better off not clogging up this thread, as it's on for the next 7 days and we'll have plenty to talk about :tongue:

You are right we need one :tongue:
Original post by redbuthotter

What are you doing here ? get lifting !
Original post by liftorrot
You are right we need one :tongue:

done!
Have any of you guys been to genesis gym in harrow before? If so what is the gym like
Original post by Chrisateen
Have any of you guys been to genesis gym in harrow before? If so what is the gym like

Yep, 2 or 3 times with some others on here.

It's pretty good. Has quite a lot of decent equipment although it is also quite small so it feels a bit cramped.

Anything specifically you were wondering?
Original post by Michael XYZ
Yep, 2 or 3 times with some others on here.

It's pretty good. Has quite a lot of decent equipment although it is also quite small so it feels a bit cramped.

Anything specifically you were wondering?

I'm looking for a gym in which I don't have to wait a long time to squat or bench as at the gym I go to I often have to wait to use the barbell even when I go during the quietest time of the day. When I start working and want to go to the gym after work I know that my gym will be packed full and I won't be able to do much at all.
Reply 4330
50kg log press (well really a squat jerk) today **** yeah. Britain's strongest woman title win, here we come lololol
Original post by aivi
50kg log press (well really a squat jerk) today **** yeah. Britain's strongest woman title win, here we come lololol

FUuuuu...

Nice work. I could not do the log at all for my comp, such a weird wide grip i'd never used before...Only got 3 reps of 60kg when i'd got 8 reps on a bar like 5 days earlier. :colone:

And the closest gym to me with a log is that one that's like 30 miles/45 mins bike ride away ffs...:frown:
I did 5 reps of 45kg log press in my strongman comp last month
Hello ladies :smile:

Never posted here before, only been lifting for a few weeks but here's what i've got:

Bicep curl - 6kg
Deadlift - 30kg
Squat - 20kg (Can't lift the 30kg bar above my head as i do them from floor - men always hogging the actualy squat rack thing)

I did these yesterday along with a few different machines, however i much prefer free weights.

What i basically want to know is what else should i be encorporating in my routine? Ideally things i can do with free weights, lots of dumbells i can use as well as bars but i would rather not do things which involve e.g using squat rack as my gym is aaaalways packed and that area always being used by guys (nothing wrong with that, just get really self conscious lifting in front of guys) and i prefer the quieter free weights area.. also does anyone have any tips on acheing muscles, because the front and backs of my legs are killing today! Any advice really appreciated :smile:
use the bench press catcher stands instead? We have no squat rack out here so I just use those on their highest setting, might have to crouch a little to get underneath the bar depending how tall you are but im short so dont have a problem and with 30kg it shouldnt be a drama
I wonder what the vertical jump of elite platform divers is? They can jump bloody high from standing so if they were allowed to squat down I reckon they'd be insanely good.

Also, I've posted some pics of the -105kgs at the olympics in my blog if anyone's interested.
Reply 4336
OK so apparently this is a thing

wow.
Reply 4337
sigh.
Original post by laeti

wow.

Wow that is sooo cool. Wish I could do something like that
Original post by laeti

wow.