Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in for personalised advice on applying to uni New here? Join for free to post

Doubts about Uni

Announcements Posted on
Are you at uni? Can you help prospective students with their questions? We're looking for uni forum assistants 19-11-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to do Human Geography at Sheffield Hallam (my firm) and Leeds Met (my insurance) but the thing is I'm seriously having doubts about whether I want to study Geography for another 3 years...

Is there any chance I could swap courses?

Or is there any chance that I just go back to college for another year then the year after apply to do something else at the same Uni's? If i went to Uni i really want to go to either Hallam or Leeds. So I want to know if they'd be funny about me having applied there to do Geography but wanting to do something completely different there next year?

I really don't know what to do
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    opt into clearing on results day - hallam and leeds met are more than likely to be in clearing for sure in other courses you wish to change to
    • 48 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thelawstudent)
    opt into clearing on results day - hallam and leeds met are more than likely to be in clearing for sure in other courses you wish to change to
    In fairness you can't make the assumption that they are more than likely to be in clearing. Universities in clearing change from year to year and those institutions that were in clearing last year might not be this year.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Have you called either of the unis and asked them about the possibility of changing courses? They are the only people who will know how many spaces there are left on the courses and they're the only ones who can change it for you.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 31, 2012
New on TSR

Single, dating or in a relationship?

Chat about your life and loves in our Relationships forum!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.