The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anna-Jack-Hope
And no more McDs for a month!!!! Hell yeah :biggrin:

(Just need to actually let them know I'm not coming in on Wednesday and then I'm sorted...except for I have no internet so can't find out who's shift it is...yay)

Or not...I need to lose this reputation of always being able to come in...7.30am phone calls are not a nice way to wake up! Yay for another 8 hour shift :/

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my ST25i
I got a phone call at half past 5 once...

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Reply 7342
Or not...I need to lose this reputation of always being able to come in...7.30am phone calls are not a nice way to wake up! Yay for another 8 hour shift :/

I was always that person. "Ronda, we need an extra person in todayy", "Ronda, noone on the close knows how to clean the shake machineeee", "Ronda, fancy working a few hours todayy?"

I always said yes -__-

Although, it all worked out in the end, cause one day my BM bought me 3 big bags of sweeties because I always came in for her when she needed it. She also told me I was always the first point of contact cause I always said yes haha.
Original post by Ronda
I was always that person. "Ronda, we need an extra person in todayy", "Ronda, noone on the close knows how to clean the shake machineeee", "Ronda, fancy working a few hours todayy?"

I always said yes -__-

Although, it all worked out in the end, cause one day my BM bought me 3 big bags of sweeties because I always came in for her when she needed it. She also told me I was always the first point of contact cause I always said yes haha.

Yep, I just don't know how to say no it seems, especially when I've only just woke up and am too dazed to say anything but okay!!! At least it's money...and now it definitely is the very last before I go away!

I had my interview at the weekend, but was ultimately unsuccessful. While I'm disappointed by this, I thought that I could post about my experience try to help TSR users prepare for any upcoming McDonalds interview.

For the position I was applying for, there was a two stage interview process. The first was an interview (with a timeslot of ten minutes) held at a different restaurant from the one that I had applied to, while the second was was held at the store I had applied to, was two hours long and included an interview and an OJE. I didn't make the second round, so I can't provide details on that.

I arrived at the store in plently of time, and gave a member of staff the name of my interviewer, which was part of my confirmation e-mail. I was then told to wait for my interviewer at a seating area near the front of the store.

The interviewer appeared three minutes late for my interview, and I was delayed further still because the interviewee before me was also waiting. As a result, my interview started eight minutes later than it should have done.

My interview was held in a relatively quiet area of the restaurant but with some customers nearby. I'm not sure if this is standard practice, but it caught me by surprise.

I'm not going to break down my answers, but I will share questions I was asked:

1. What have you been up to recently? (An obvious icebreaker)
2. What are your plans for the future?
3. Give an example of a time when you have worked in a team?
4. Why do you want to work at McDonalds?
5. How did you hear about this vacancy?

My interviewer then asked if I had any questions of my own, so I asked a couple. The interview lasted a little over five minutes for me, as it did for the prevous interviewee.

I found out I was unsuccessful at about midday today, so they got back to me quite quickly. Unlike my confirmation of interview message, this was not accompanied by a text. My rejection e-mail said that McDonalds does not give feedback to individual candidates.

That concludes my story. With the benefit of hindsight, I can see where I went wrong, and what I need to improve on for my next interview, so it wasn't an entirely wasted endeavour.

I hope this post is of use to at least one of you, as it took me quite a long time to type!
Original post by TouchdownNiners
was two hours long and included an interview and an OJE. I didn't make the second round, so I can't provide details on that.

Two hours - are you sure!?

I've not seen anybody have a 2 hour interview on this thread, was it the orientation?

I dont answer and call back if i see i missed number from my work now if im busy . If its urgent they can leave a voicemail . I know its cheeky :rolleyes:
Hi :smile:

I just wanted to know a couple of things before my orientation tomorrow :biggrin: I just wondered if it is the shift manager or the general manager who does the orientation? And also how many people usually go to an orientation - will it just be me or will there be others?

And a slightly more complicated issue - although I have my orientation tomorrow and have been told I have got the job already, I am on holiday for a few days in the next week so will not be able to start until next Friday. I know I am extremely lucky to have the job, but to be honest I really didn't expect the whole process to go through so quickly! Or in fact get a job this quickly! It is a pre-booked family holiday - and I just wondered if this will go against me in anyway :/

I have been really worried about it! However, I did mention it briefly to one of the managers in one of my interviews and said it does take a little while for things to go through... Sorry if I am over worrying!

Any advice would be appreciated :smile: xx
Original post by LittleMissLish
Hi :smile:

I just wanted to know a couple of things before my orientation tomorrow :biggrin: I just wondered if it is the shift manager or the general manager who does the orientation? And also how many people usually go to an orientation - will it just be me or will there be others?

And a slightly more complicated issue - although I have my orientation tomorrow and have been told I have got the job already, I am on holiday for a few days in the next week so will not be able to start until next Friday. I know I am extremely lucky to have the job, but to be honest I really didn't expect the whole process to go through so quickly! Or in fact get a job this quickly! It is a pre-booked family holiday - and I just wondered if this will go against me in anyway :/

I have been really worried about it! However, I did mention it briefly to one of the managers in one of my interviews and said it does take a little while for things to go through... Sorry if I am over worrying!

Any advice would be appreciated :smile: xx

It'll be the recruitment manager for your area and depending on how many they've taken on in your restaurant or area it may be just you or however many people they can squeeze in.

They'll know about your holiday and they'll be able to adjust your start date, my recruitment manager said that if I couldn't make my first shift she could change it easily.

Also, wear casual everyday clothes. You're in a boiling hot training room for about an hour, don't wear smart wear!!
Reply 7349
If I applied for a job, but can only do it for a month, is there a chance i'll get it? I have a pretty good resume for a 16 year old, but I could take it a weekend job when college starts.
Original post by Roving Fish
It'll be the recruitment manager for your area and depending on how many they've taken on in your restaurant or area it may be just you or however many people they can squeeze in.

They'll know about your holiday and they'll be able to adjust your start date, my recruitment manager said that if I couldn't make my first shift she could change it easily.

Also, wear casual everyday clothes. You're in a boiling hot training room for about an hour, don't wear smart wear!!

Thank you so much :biggrin: - I feel really relieved! And I will bear that in mind :smile: Thanks again! xx
References from school?
Original post by scott125
I dont answer and call back if i see i missed number from my work now if im busy . If its urgent they can leave a voicemail . I know its cheeky :rolleyes:

I nearly declined it...I've just got a new phone so I'm not used to the alert sounds yet, thought I'd left my alarm on so was sliding it to hit ignore when I realised it was a phone call. Switched over and picked it up after that!!!
Reply 7353
Original post by WirelessBrain-1
References from school?

Should be fine, I don't think mine were even checked.
I always get "LAAAAURA! Wanna come join the gang?!" some mornings from work, not nice when you've just woke up...

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Reply 7355
i missed a call from McDonalds this evening, i've applied for a job, will they call again?
Original post by mddub39
If I applied for a job, but can only do it for a month, is there a chance i'll get it? I have a pretty good resume for a 16 year old, but I could take it a weekend job when college starts.

If you're applying for a full time position then maybe not, but this is what I do, work part time during term and full time during holidays, its what most of our store is made up of, people in college or uni (obviously there are other full time people :tongue: ) but if you explain it you should be fine :smile:

Good luck !

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e
Reply 7357
Hey,

I have worked at Mcd's since July 2009 and apparently I should be getting the free private healthcare thing at this point.

Can anyone give me more information? What does this include? I can't find anything on Ourlounge or even Google.
Reply 7358
Original post by ooerr
Hey,

I have worked at Mcd's since July 2009 and apparently I should be getting the free private healthcare thing at this point.

Can anyone give me more information? What does this include? I can't find anything on Ourlounge or even Google.

You should get a letter about it soon (it'll be delivered to your store). I can't remember the exact details of it, but I'll try find my letter tomorrow unless someone else has something more useful to add beforehand :p:
Reply 7359
Original post by Ronda
You should get a letter about it soon (it'll be delivered to your store). I can't remember the exact details of it, but I'll try find my letter tomorrow unless someone else has something more useful to add beforehand :p:

I'd imagine that's for company employees only, right?

Latest