Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Night Illusions

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Sorry if the title is way off of the mark but I'm finding it really difficult to describe what's happening to people.

Basically I started a new job last Monday. It's full temporary full time 8-5 at a Dreams warehouse. It's quite a journey to work so I've been getting up at 6 and going to bed at 10 each day.

Physically it's been incredibly demanding and I'm plastered with bruises and cuts all over my arms, chest and one side of my face (from carrying things on my shoulder)
    Up until the Thursday I could barely move when I got home because everything felt like it was about to fall off

Since I stared the job I've been having a really strange time sleeping that I've only ever experienced once before. When I go to bed I have no problem going to sleep (which is very unusual for me) but once I'm asleep I wake up and in my half asleep state I start thinking I'm in work So I force myself to stay awake thinking I've got work to do. This happened a while ago when I was younger when I used to think I was in school and about to fall asleep at my desk.

It's carried through into the weekend with me stripping my bed and putting everything over Bannister on Friday night, and then picking my laptop up thinking it was a box, and putting it in an imaginary stack of boxes.

I haven't had a drop of alcohol in two weeks and I don't take drugs, since starting work I've been eating far more healthily than usual and drinking about 6 litres of water a day.

I need to keep working there to help towards living costs at Uni, since it's so physically exhausting I need to keep mentally sharp and this isn't helping.

Anybody else experienced this or have any ideas of what to do.
    • 26 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I think you should take a few days off and see if it changes anything because it could be something to do with your working pattern but if thatdoesnt help then you could go to a doctor or something and it could be happening because of stress so you should stay relaxed and calm all the time and take some time out to do things you enjoy doing...
    That might help...

Hope i have helped you
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I giggled at the irony of your sleep being the problem, and you worked at a Dreams warehouse.

Give it a few days, allow yourself some rest and if it continues then go to the doctor.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 31, 2012
New on TSR

Exclusive Nick Clegg interview

Your questions answered by the deputy prime minister

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.