The Student Room Group

Maastricht Applicants 2012?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pineappledogs
It's on maastrichthousing.com but i think Alexgadgetman has a higher access than first years get, so can see more information:smile:

Hmm.. I dont think so, even if it would be nice :rolleyes:. Are you signed in to an account, then make your search profile as Bachelor, Furnished, Uni managed. Click see results and about 29 properties pop up.

Then on the left side filter by date. This culls most of the results as they have already been filled. Only leaves 5.

I had a similar thing with my room - where they sold the building and I am now in Wardehofplein instead :frown:

Hey do you know anything about when we can apply for the OV card? I'll be needing one seen as my studio is 18 mins away from the uni :smile:

You should be able to get one when you arrive.. seemingly they cost 7.50 and then a fixed charge + charge per KM. Looks like they work the same as Octopus and Oyster Cards.

Haven't got one yet so not definitely sure :redface:
Reply 782
Thank You, yea i already applied to the Prof Pieter Willemsstraat room, and sent the deposit, and thinking everything was good about to go abroad for 2 weeks when i got a notification that the room wasn't available so my deposit was turned into positive credits for another housing and i just got an email saying that a studio the same to that was available in the same building still and am being allocated a room there now, so not as much of a nightmare as i though it would be. I'm hoping they get back to me with good news so my search for accommodation can finally be over!
Hey do you know anything about when we can apply for the OV card? I'll be needing one seen as my studio is 18 mins away from the uni :smile:

Hey! I just switched my room to there like a week ago, just cause its brand new.. 2 weeks and a bit to go :P

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Alexgadgetman
Hmm.. I dont think so, even if it would be nice :rolleyes:. Are you signed in to an account, then make your search profile as Bachelor, Furnished, Uni managed. Click see results and about 29 properties pop up.

Then on the left side filter by date. This culls most of the results as they have already been filled. Only leaves 5.

I had a similar thing with my room - where they sold the building and I am now in Wardehofplein instead :frown:

Wow really, but you seemed so professional with the website :redface:
Even when five were left for me they kept coming up as unavailable....how far is Wardehofplein from the university?
Original post by jhenryg
Hey! I just switched my room to there like a week ago, just cause its brand new.. 2 weeks and a bit to go :P

Really? Didn't they email you saying it was already reserved? They emailed me saying that t first and then they changed it to...we have other rooms exactly the same, and we can set you up there.....it was all so confusing. :tongue:
The only not bad thing but nerve racking thing about the studios is that you have to share with one other person, who you don't know yet, i kinda wish that the university would put you in contact with the other person before you move in together just to get to know them. Cuz i know in the UK they get you to fill out a whole questionnaire to match people up.
So are you gona get the weekday OV card or are you gona walk to uni?
You should be able to get one when you arrive.. seemingly they cost 7.50 and then a fixed charge + charge per KM. Looks like they work the same as Octopus and Oyster Cards.

Haven't got one yet so not definitely sure :redface:

Really, you have to pay? I read something that said OV cards were given to students in the Netherlands and work on all forums of public transport...well except taxis and airplanes :smile:
Reply 786
Really? Didn't they email you saying it was already reserved? They emailed me saying that t first and then they changed it to...we have other rooms exactly the same, and we can set you up there.....it was all so confusing. :tongue:
The only not bad thing but nerve racking thing about the studios is that you have to share with one other person, who you don't know yet, i kinda wish that the university would put you in contact with the other person before you move in together just to get to know them. Cuz i know in the UK they get you to fill out a whole questionnaire to match people up.
So are you gona get the weekday OV card or are you gona walk to uni?

Nah I emailed them to check and they said its all good :smile: I'm on my own in the 1 person room, well you can come bitch about them if they're a nightmare :wink: its like a 5 min bike ride, I stayed there right next to it when I visited and it's not far at all :smile:

Wow really, but you seemed so professional with the website :redface:
Even when five were left for me they kept coming up as unavailable....how far is Wardehofplein from the university?

Websites.. forms.. I think I have spent too long looking at them recently. Managed to send off a copy of my certificates today (YAYY!). Plus had confirmation my fees have been received.

Annoyingly Wardehofplein is 3.5km from the Knowledge Engineering Faculty. Basically 1.5km further than the original place. Just means that I will have to get a bike pronto, I hope they aren't too strict on drunken cyclists during INKOM! :rolleyes: It does have the +ve of being very close to the UM gym though :smile:
Really, you have to pay? I read something that said OV cards were given to students in the Netherlands and work on all forums of public transport...well except taxis and airplanes :smile:

Ahh Ok, the normal OV cards cost. To be honest I had trouble finding any good info about the student ones. Might have to wait until I arrive to find out (I move out on the 17th so have 2 weeks before uni actually starts).

Hopefully they will have free/cheap travel as it would be nice, especially as Eindhoven has an awesome rock hall :bhangra:
Reply 789
Ahh Ok, the normal OV cards cost. To be honest I had trouble finding any good info about the student ones. Might have to wait until I arrive to find out (I move out on the 17th so have 2 weeks before uni actually starts).

Hopefully they will have free/cheap travel as it would be nice, especially as Eindhoven has an awesome rock hall :bhangra:

Once you start working you're entitled to either a weekend or weekday free OV pass :smile:

I honestly think it's a really good idea for a course (to merge all the sciences and let you pick), i have no idea what i'll end up doing all i know is that i want it to be biology and geography related and there aren't any courses in the UK like this. I also really want to choose a language elective if i can, maybe one that will help if i decide to do the work experience semester abroad, i'd love to go somewhere in Asia. I really hope it will be a good experience, plus i've always wanted to study abroad :biggrin:

It's brilliant. I'd like to read biochemistry but really I'm thrilled that I've got the opportunity to start physics and maths again. Who knows? I could end up falling in love with physics and have a completely different route. At present I'm thinking about cosmetic science in the end but I'm trying to start off without a biased towards a particular field.

I'm fluent in Spanish because I've just finished a year and half in Spain. I'd like to continue with Spanish and learn French. As you may know, the second you stop using a language you start losing it.
Wow 5-10 minutes away? Thats sooo close, do you know how big the room is?

I'm so sorry, the room has already been let. Good luck!
Reply 791
Okay considering A'level results come out on the 16th and my school says my certificate won't come till Novermber/December.
Will they be fine with a letter from my school saying I did get the results I got for a while?
Though tbh I doubt I'll get low enough for them to not let me in!
Reply 792
Original post by Mac.
Okay considering A'level results come out on the 16th and my school says my certificate won't come till Novermber/December.
Will they be fine with a letter from my school saying I did get the results I got for a while?
Though tbh I doubt I'll get low enough for them to not let me in!

You need your results sheet signed by your examinations officer with a school stamp aha

Websites.. forms.. I think I have spent too long looking at them recently. Managed to send off a copy of my certificates today (YAYY!). Plus had confirmation my fees have been received.

Annoyingly Wardehofplein is 3.5km from the Knowledge Engineering Faculty. Basically 1.5km further than the original place. Just means that I will have to get a bike pronto, I hope they aren't too strict on drunken cyclists during INKOM! :rolleyes: It does have the +ve of being very close to the UM gym though :smile:

How did you receive that confirmation? By email?
Original post by Asha5692
How did you receive that confirmation? By email?

My timing at checking this thread is rather awesome :P

I sent an email to [email protected] and asked if they could confirm receipt. Included my student ID and full name and sent it from my UM webmail - got a reply within 2 days. Certainly a weight off my mind knowing that they have definitely got the ££
Reply 795
Sorry to be asking so many questions recently as i said ive only justdecided i will deffinatly go to Maastricht

how exactly do loans grants etc work?

I have looked at the duo website however I am still slightly confused. Do you have to work to receive the loan/ grant?
Can someone break it down?

Reply 796
Original post by Mac.
Sorry to be asking so many questions recently as i said ive only justdecided i will deffinatly go to Maastricht

I have looked at the duo website however I am still slightly confused. Do you have to work to receive the loan/ grant?

Give me a second and I'll link you a really good article on it

Reply 797
Original post by Mac.

http://maastricht-students.com/blog/2011/08/19/dutch-student-finance-a-blessay/#comment-6373

Original post by jhenryg
Nah I emailed them to check and they said its all good :smile: I'm on my own in the 1 person room, well you can come bitch about them if they're a nightmare :wink: its like a 5 min bike ride, I stayed there right next to it when I visited and it's not far at all :smile:

Ahh thats good, is it five mins away by bus or walking?
But google earth isn't that reliable anyway for directions, when we were staying in Amsterdam it said we were half an hour from the train station it turned out to be 7/8 mins :smile:
Hehee, be careful i may just take you up on that offer, lol

Wow you've already got your certificates?? I still don't know how i'm meant to get them properly certified, i know i'll need my college's stamp but not sure what else......*puff that will be more research :redface:

Hehe i emailed them to ask why i hadn't received confirmation that my fees had been paid and they emailed me back saying on your account your fees haven't been paid, in the end it turned out my dad didn't put my name or student number in the payment details area, i've sent them a copy of all of the forums and reference numbers and am hoping they can sort it out.

It sounds like you are going to become very fit and healthy living in Wardehofplein......and i'll just be drinking hot chocolate with cream and marshmallows on the bus :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest