Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

FAO TSR Members From Leeds - Urgent Appeal

Announcements Posted on
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-19062560

West Yorkshire Police appeal over girl's 999 call

Police in West Yorkshire are appealing for help in tracing a girl who called the ambulance service to say her mother had fallen and was not moving.

The girl, who made the 999 call at 10:53 BST on Monday, told the operator she was three years old and that her mother was called Stacey Hall.

She said her house number was 23 and her address contained the word "Mount".
    Unlikely that anyone will know, but seeing as this is a very big forum you never know. It's a bloody heartbreaking story already though, so if anyone knows anything or knows anyone who might, get in touch with the right people or pass it on to those who may know etc.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I hope they sort it out but when the call lasted 33 minutes, how is it possible they've not traced the line? I know they can do that when someone's being attacked and suddenly hangs up for example. Wonder why they haven't employed that here...
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    Poor girl. Good on her though for calling 999 and doing her best. I hope her mum's not in too much bother and that they are both OK in the end.

Note to self: Remember to leave address written down should I ever have a child.
    • 31 followers

ReputationRep:
    Mount Pleasent, Batley?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The recording of the 999 call incase anyone recognises her voice. Hope she can be traced asap, bless she is a clear talker for a 3 year old.

The BBC article how now been edited to say her address contains the word "court" not mount.

(Original post by Lil Piranha)
    I hope they sort it out but when the call lasted 33 minutes, how is it possible they've not traced the line? I know they can do that when someone's being attacked and suddenly hangs up for example. Wonder why they haven't employed that here...
    I think it's to do with being a mobile, it's harder to trace, but not impossible so fingers crossed
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Worth pointing out that the West Yorks Police have corrected their statement - It was 'Court', not Mount.

So if anyone in the area knows of a road with 'Court' in it, it may be worth mentioning it to the police via the free number!
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm afraid I can't help but I really hope they find them
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    http://news.sky.com/story/967204/999...leeds-was-hoax

Fake. Idiot 10 year olds who should at the very least get a clip round the ear.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    To be honest I'm very suprised that in this circumstance they wouldn't have either tracked the landline or if it was a mobile had the ability to contact the service provider and considering the circumstances get an address.

Yeah I know it turned out to be a hoax however when they can't seem to track a call it does make you question how much you can rely on them.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Disgusting that it was a hoax, but i'm genuinely happy that this sort of story isn't true. It really made my heart sink when I first heard of it.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schmucks)
    Disgusting that it was a hoax, but i'm genuinely happy that this sort of story isn't true. It really made my heart sink when I first heard of it.
    ditto.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Wow at this being a hoax. This explains why the girl was well spoken, but what were two 10 year olds even thinking to do that?
    They had a story planned out...it's gonna be interesting to see what will happen to them.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 31, 2012
New on TSR

Ways to improve university

Should university be free and harder to get in to?

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.