The Student Room Group

Higher History

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by Direct15
Why are we all worrying , we've done our extended essays but did anybody pick question 25 for essays seems like I was the only one in my school

I'm sure I did 25, strength of nationalism by 1850 right? :rolleyes:
Original post by OddThings
Paper One was good for me,I did strength of nationalism and liberal reforms,paper 2(scottish wars for me) was trickier especially the one about military balance between scotland and england but hoping for good for all the others. Is 67% an A again this year or was that only last year due to the new course?

The Scottish wars question on military balance was really strange, nearly everyone in my school found it hard. I could think of no recall and the source was weird too. Ah well... Just remembered that for question 4 I wrote treaty of Arbroath, rather than declaration...will I loose marks?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 162
Paper One was good for me,I did strength of nationalism and liberal reforms,paper 2(scottish wars for me) was trickier especially the one about military balance between scotland and england but hoping for good for all the others. Is 67% an A again this year or was that only last year due to the new course?

Dunno but I reckon it'll be similar

I'd expect 67% give or take a few %
so 65-70% maybe
Meh my chances at an A are slim but that chance is still there
i got that question too from the source I took it meant like the Jewish community developed the cigarette industry, irish and catholic schools etc.

Well, I now have the feeling i've done crap now, do you think they will accept what the empire and the immigrants, the question did say migration AND empire thats what confused me...

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my R800i
Reply 164
Original post by Nfergs
I'm sure I did 25, strength of nationalism by 1850 right? :rolleyes:

Yes
Reply 165
Original post by JonathanHan01
Well, I now have the feeling i've done crap now, do you think they will accept what the empire and the immigrants, the question did say migration AND empire thats what confused me...

Mr T.M Devine said about Irish wanting to tackle the hardest jobs, developing roads etc, Irish were poor and they contributed to literature,music and football so I took it was the affect of the immigrants on our society but I must admit the wording was funny/strange
Mr T.M Devine said about Irish wanting to tackle the hardest jobs, developing roads etc, Irish were poor and they contributed to literature,music and football so I took it was the affect of the immigrants on our society but I must admit the wording was funny/strange

The thing being I quoted those things from the source, but said why they were useful for the empire, I also mentioned that the Irish left due to the potato blight.

Just realised that in paper 1 liberal reforms I described the pros and cons of the labour exchanges act, but I said they were formed in 1912 instead of 1909. Will I loose marks.

Reply 168
Original post by Scrabble96
Just realised that in paper 1 liberal reforms I described the pros and cons of the labour exchanges act, but I said they were formed in 1912 instead of 1909. Will I loose marks.

I'm not sure if that's hefty enough to lose you a knowledge mark, but surely in the entire remainder of the essay you'll have enough points to get 6 anyway :wink:
Reply 169
Hello all historians on this thread :smile: I'm wondering if anyone could kindly explain to me what is needed to get an A(just an A2 I mean) in each of the Papers(and combined with the extended essay) For the EE I'm thinking a B is likely but I can't remember it now,seems so long ago.

Last year, 67 out of 100 marks were required from the 3 elements combined (30 from EE, 40 from paper 1, 30 from paper 2). So any fabulous combinations like 30/37/0, 25/20/22 or above would have resulted in an A. But who knows what the cut-off will be this year!
Reply 170
Original post by Armaros
Last year, 67 out of 100 marks were required from the 3 elements combined (30 from EE, 40 from paper 1, 30 from paper 2). So any fabulous combinations like 30/37/0, 25/20/22 or above would have resulted in an A. But who knows what the cut-off will be this year!

The cut off might have been 67/100 because it was the first year (i think) of the new history course.

I would expect the cut off to be similar though
Reply 171
Original post by UMARTIAN
Im hoping for 25/30 for EE.
25/30 for paper 2
12+/20 + 13+/20 for paper 1.
= 75% hoping for around that, bet i wont get it though :frown:

25/30 for paper 2? Dam nice.

There's always one question in paper 1 that i just cannot do fully and so I usually get 21/30 or so.
Reply 172
Original post by Connor131
25/30 for paper 2? Dam nice.

There's always one question in paper 1 that i just cannot do fully and so I usually get 21/30 or so.

In the prelim I got 28/30 for my paper 2, however it wasnt as hard as the exam paper 2 strangely. :/
Reply 173
In the prelim I got 28/30 for my paper 2, however it wasnt as hard as the exam paper 2 strangely. :/

In my prelim i got 4/5, 10/10 then... 1/5 and 5/10 >.<
Reply 174
I feel so depressed about paper 2, i feel it may bring me down to a B. It is annoying because i enjoy history the most out of all of my subjects but i feel i have done worse in it then some of th others..

I picked: How did the Liberal Reforms improve the life of the people?(Britain)
+ Was the workers discontent a reason for the 1905 Russian Revolution?( or words to that effect)

I think it is hard to gage how well i did in the EE; I definitely got the 12 marks for knowledge andfacts , i'll give myself half - marks for the structure and analysis to be safe (3 and 6 marks) and that takes me to 21.

Probably only got about 14/15 for paper 2 and about 30/31/32 for 2 essays.

So that brings me to about 65 :frown: which is really annoying
How many facts and figures do you need to get full marks in knowledge for the essays? Also, how do they assign marks for structure? I did Britain and America, so will the sqa send my essays to a teacher who covered those topics or do they just randomly submit them?

Reply 176
I did:

The Liberal Reforms and Weimar problems; rise of the nazi party.

Paper 2 was okay, only got 4 comparisons for the first, the last 2 were strange but I got through them and had time to spare and go through all the questions again.

I did the rise of the nazi party also, just wanted to check, is the weaknesses basically just hyperinflation, treaty of Versailles and because of the PR system?
thanks
Reply 177
Original post by LiveToSki
I feel so depressed about paper 2, i feel it may bring me down to a B. It is annoying because i enjoy history the most out of all of my subjects but i feel i have done worse in it then some of th others..

I picked: How did the Liberal Reforms improve the life of the people?(Britain)
+ Was the workers discontent a reason for the 1905 Russian Revolution?( or words to that effect)

I think it is hard to gage how well i did in the EE; I definitely got the 12 marks for knowledge andfacts , i'll give myself half - marks for the structure and analysis to be safe (3 and 6 marks) and that takes me to 21.

Probably only got about 14/15 for paper 2 and about 30/31/32 for 2 essays.

So that brings me to about 65 :frown: which is really annoying

It could come down:colondollar: In Paper 2 the Migration and Empire questions where not straight forward in their wording - I had to keep re-reading on the warmest day of the year in scotland with peoples musky sweat in the air hmmm,yummy- People could of panicked in the essays I know in my class where me and 3 others where the only A achievers all the time and those whom are not tend to get lower scores - just generalising but my score seems to increase.

I better damm get a good EE mark as I had to remember how to spell 7 German Surnames on top of that because 1) I had used my limit and 2) I was doing the Catholic Church in Nazi Germany so I couldn't miss them out :frown:
Reply 178
Can someone please put my mind at ease, in the rise of the nazi's question about the weaknesses of Weimar I mentioned hyperinflation, the great depression and the PR system, and then the attraction to the nazis, is this right. I feel like consolodation would of been a vital part of this essay i missed. I'm so worried :frown::frown::frown:
Reply 179
Original post by Shatho23
Can someone please put my mind at ease, in the rise of the nazi's question about the weaknesses of Weimar I mentioned hyperinflation, the great depression and the PR system, and then the attraction to the nazis, is this right. I feel like consolodation would of been a vital part of this essay i missed. I'm so worried :frown::frown::frown:

You'll be fine :smile: Its only six marks for knowledge as long as you have about 10ish distinct points you'll be good :tongue: I did not do that question but I know how you feel I did the strength of nationalism and I think I main overlapped it with the growth of nationalism. I would of mentioned the Weakness of Weimar,Hitler, the appeal of the nazis,economic and social difficulties and the public distain towards the Treaty of Versailles.

Quick Reply